WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,372
Posts1,033,353
Members14,590
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (2 invisible), 3,793 guests, and 492 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Pasttraveller, LiamW1897, EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd
14,590 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Grange Road Co-Op
by Erainn - 6th May 2024 3:08pm
ST Hugh Birkenhead and Maris Stella NB
by terrier - 20th Apr 2023 7:33pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
233 Caledonia Inn 68 Market Street
by derekdwc - 6th Jan 2009 12:32am
Top Posters(30 Days)
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Grange Road Co-Op
by bert1 - 6th May 2024 5:18pm
233 Caledonia Inn 68 Market Street
by diggingdeeper - 5th May 2024 6:13pm
ST Hugh Birkenhead and Maris Stella NB
by gregory66 - 5th May 2024 5:57am
garage wanted
by diggingdeeper - 4th May 2024 2:01pm
Looking for an old engine
by diggingdeeper - 3rd May 2024 2:36pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 3rd May 2024 12:55pm
What song are you listening to?
by GaryFromWirral - 3rd May 2024 5:36am
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
Hi to everyone
by casper - 30th Apr 2024 6:59pm
May
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by MattyC
Also accept that you missed the point that yes they are advertising £26.00 per month, but they clearly state in all their literature and on adverts that it only applies to 70% of the population atm.

Your missing the point.
AX Was sold / told the wrong information. By a SKY Representative.

Its nothing to do with what ever the other companies are saying or doing.
SKY make mistakes but your the only one that can not see that, as you commented by saying.
if you chose not to listen to them, then you cant really blame them.
And it was SKY who got it wrong not AX.

Not Virgin or Talk Talk SKY
The sun does not shine out of there back side when it comes
to customer service in my experiance and i guess AX is thinking
the same too.

Google Ads
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
AX you didnt understand what I said - if you are on the "connect" service, then they are NOT placing you onto their own equipment/network, they are placing you onto a BT L2TP connection, which is on the BT network and has nothing to do with the Sky/Easynet equipment/network.

They are most likely doing this as they must have reached capacity on their own equipment/network so it prevents clients already on the service from suffering service degredation.

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Mark
Not Virgin or Talk Talk SKY
The sun does not shine out of there back side when it comes
to customer service in my experiance and i guess AX is thinking
the same too.

Mark your missing the point completely, firstly WHERE did I mention Virgin in anything (I expected you would miss the point and bring them into it at the mere mention of Telewest tbh even though they have nothing to do with it)?? You just bought them into it, not me. And secondly the point I was actually making, is they have obviously learnt from other providers bad experiences by overloading capacity and that is why they are placing clients on BT L2TP's when their own equipment reaches capacity.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Well, that is not my problem. I couldn't care less if i was on 6 month old or 12 month old technology. If a rep told me i could get the £26 deal, he accepted my application and happily took my money of me, then why should I have to worry about being on the BT Network.

[Linked Image]
I am a signature virus, copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
If its in the phonecall that they said £26.00 to you and explained that it would be on the connect service, then they have to honour it. If they didnt say what type of service you would be on, but it was £26 per month, then they have to honour it. If they said it would be £26.00 dependent upon them being able to put you on the LLU service, then they dont have to honour it if they put you on the connect service.

Either way though, you said earlier on that they were going to honour the price anyway (which isnt the first time they have done this for a client), so im not really sure why Mark bought it all up again. The case was closed with regards to the price if they were going to honour it.

As I said, you will be losing them money hehe, so more power to you!

smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
In English = Sky do not have a perfect customer service.

Mistakes are made : Accept it wink

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Lol at least explain where I mentioned Virgin...

wink

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
ntltelewest is the same service to me, eventhough to you there not, but at the end of the day its the colour of there paper work and a logo that has changed to me.

No one has come to the door and said sorry we have to unplug that wire and put this on in its place.

So Telewest NTL Virgin to a Normal(Non Tech / Geeky ) person is the same thing.

You will notice that you mentioned Talk Talk there too.

They all have reputations for poor customer service,
i cant speak for Talk Talk personally but i ve heard there bad.

Where as NTL i know very well and now as virgin and upto now ive had a very good service.

Where as getting my Uncle Onto SKY took 45 Days
customer service was rubbish, and im not thick when it comes
to calling customer services.

So in my experience SKY is the worst for CUSTOMER SERVICE up to now, but i cant complain about the service since its been up and running.

I find it extremely arrogant to assume that someone has not listened to the customer service agent.
Which its another example of SKY's Poor customer service which just adds to the poor service i received with sky.

There Not Great at Customer service trust us.

So if your prepared in the slightest to listen to our experience you can then begin to accept that its not perfect and there for
fall in to the catergory as the same as the rest in respect that mistakes are made.

Great Service - IMO
Crap Customer service yes

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
This is where I expected you would get confused - I was talking about Telewest when they launched their 10Mbps service, long before they merged with NTL, and years before they became Virgin Media.

When they launched their 10Mbps service, their network simply didnt have the capacity to provide such a service. Overnight their network went from being able to provide stated speeds to everyone, to struggling to be able to provide 1Mbps at peak times, even to the customers on the 10Mbps service.

Talk talk are suffering similar problems now, this is why the reliability and speeds on their service is suffering heavily.

Sky have obviously learnt from these two companies mistakes (in the very same way ATi took heed of what happened to 3dfx in the graphics card industry, changed how they were doing things, and as a result have since become the number 1 in the industry), hence they are placing clients onto standard BT ADSL L2TP connections instead of on their own network, to prevent problems for customers. Its a good strategy for them to be taking, both from their own poit of view and from mine as a customer.

It helps prevent serious network slowdowns and failiures. Overloading a network can slow everyones connections down, overloading equipment can be fatal and cause unreliability.

And one other thing, you are always moaning to me about NTL/Virgin customer service and their apparent lack of quality of service, their cutting corners on everything, so how can you say "Where as NTL i know very well and now as virgin and upto now ive had a very good service" - if its been so good, why would you be complaining about them all the time??

I wouldnt speak too soon either, Joe said they were the most reliable ISP the other day in this thread and then a couple of days later he couldnt use his net for a whole night and regretted saying it lol.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
When will the penny Drop

Customer Service

Is that clear enough? Where moaning about customer service
and you still go on about there "Service" Broadband etc..

Its not perfect - like the rest of them and that's being nice.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
haha tis true.

It's all about each others experience with each ISP.

For me, NTL have given me the best service over 5+ years I've been with them. Infact, the fault the other day was I think the first I've ever had since being with them over all this time. So either since Virgin took over, their service has downgraded (as probably the same with their customer service) or it was just a fault at a bad time (soon after they took over).

If sky are using BT's network to cope with loads, it is a very good idea, but the customer shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

If you are offered the same service as everyone else, you expect to pay the same price as everyone else, reguardless of how that service is brought to you.

That's just my opinion anyway, sky may have different opinions though.

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Didnt get too bad a review from Watchdog... both Virgin Media and Sky got the same ratings from Watchdog iirc.

So if Virgin CS is so amazing when compared with Sky, why are they rated as pretty much equal according to Watchdog - Orange and Talk Talk were the companies that were crucified in their report, with BT surprisingly coming out top for customer service.

wink

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
haha tis true.

It's all about each others experience with each ISP.

For me, NTL have given me the best service over 5+ years I've been with them. Infact, the fault the other day was I think the first I've ever had since being with them over all this time. So either since Virgin took over, their service has downgraded (as probably the same with their customer service) or it was just a fault at a bad time (soon after they took over).

If sky are using BT's network to cope with loads, it is a very good idea, but the customer shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

If you are offered the same service as everyone else, you expect to pay the same price as everyone else, reguardless of how that service is brought to you.

That's just my opinion anyway, sky may have different opinions though.
Lol, so why do Virgin, the so excellent service, charge some customers half the price they charge other customers for exactly the same services???

And Joe, I know for a fact I can list at least 10 major outages on Bromley in the last 7 years or so that WILL have affected you as a CWC/NTL/Virgin broadband customer, so either you are being economical with the truth, or your a spin doctor lol.

Sky make it clear they have two services - their LLU service for clients that are surprisingly on their LLU network, and their connect service, for clients who can't be serviced by their LLU service at present (usually its because the exchange isnt unbundled, but it sounds like they are starting to place customers onto the service when their equipment reaches capacity until the next upgrade phase rolls out - which is fair enough).

They usually make it quite clear which service you will go on to, if they dont then they are liable to charge you the price they quoted. I agree. But just because there has been an issue with the price being charged (it was sorted out hours ago according to AX, god give me stregnth why Mark turned this into a Virgin Vs Sky thread when I originally started it as a Sky Broadband Review thread) it seems everyone is having a pop at them for using two different formats to deliver what is essentially the same service.

If we all want to do this, I can have pops galore at NTL/Telewest/Virgin as I know their network inside out, with its DAVIC/DOCSIS/euroDOCSIS setups, Bromley have interactive, Lanley dont, Videotron dont even have digital, some area's have 20Mbps yet area's paying the same price are still on 10Mbps, some clients cant even get faster then 1Mbps, some cant get faster then 10Mbps, I can have pops all day long, but at the end of the day theres no point in questioning how they run their network as its been run like the complete mess and shambles it is for almost 5 years now, and their clients seem to be satisifed with the "lesser" service they have provided to their customers, so who am I say how they should be running it...

smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
When you signed up they will have explained that you would have been going onto their connect service, which is higher priced then their LLU services, if you chose not to listen to them, then you cant really blame them. When people want the best deal, and expect they will get it, they hear what they want to hear.
Matty this is about SKY's Customers service as you seem to think its amazing and its not. No one's mentioned Virgins customer service in this thread? The only time ive moaned about there CUSTOMER SERVICE is when i haven't been able to squeeze that few quid out of them. Your assuming a hell of alot out of that statment, and AX said it was there mistake as it was on tape. That's what were saying, there customer service is flawed just like the rest of them, and we hope you read what we are saying and stop raving as though they dont make mistakes. Well they do and they can now join the rankings of the rest of the bunch.

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Ahem, you stated you are happy with NTL/Virgin wheras you wouldnt be with Sky cos their customer service is shit. All I was stating is that they are both ranked as bad as each other, and also you have moaned to me in the past as to how bad and incompetent VM CS can be, yet when it comes to this thread they shine above all others just because Sky's broadband CS hasnt lived upto expectations.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Grange Road Co-Op
by Erainn - 6th May 2024 3:08pm
garage wanted
by robin47 - 3rd May 2024 5:53pm
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
italian furniture
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 7:07pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
News : New Topics