Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 55 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 54 55
cools #1079567 9th Sep 2020 1:51pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
All I can say is ... Whoever has / IS created / creating the virus / viruses, Must pay . . . or I fear that God and the aliens is / are gonna smash them Eeeeevil ones ..... like a rotten flea .. That'll be bad for them !

Has the Nanny state become a demented ,quadraplegic, double-incontinent ,euthanasia case ?

Sadly ,I am far too simple to care for answers to all the jibberish; As it is ..... patent 666 , agenda 21 , planet 10 ....and that pschological control !!!
tinfoil formula's galore 12345g fmam being in line with pandemics & therefore mass deaths .... Are the leaders all evil ???

Just dipping my 1 penny worth of thought for the year here .....
2020 has been poo !!!! No likey evil propaganda control freaks and greedy sneaks ....whatsoever
Thankyou

Google Ads
cools #1079568 9th Sep 2020 1:58pm
Smartchild
Smartchild

granny #1079569 9th Sep 2020 3:39pm
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
[

We know the guidelines, and really it's up to people to follow them. Obviously there are going to be cases that fall through the net, nothing is 100% safe , but with regard to face masks, hand washing, distancing, as mentioned by Gibbo, we as individuals should all be doing that and using our own intergrity to avoid any situation that can put others in jeopardy.

The blasted airlines and tourism sector have done themselves no favours by droning on about all their concerns. Here we are again , heading backwards to planes being grounded, hotels closed, pubs closed,etc.

ANother possible factor if people do not know the guidllines any longer, could be due to the fact that the media channels have overdosed on negativity all along and a huge number of people are no longer watching the media news, and therefore have stuck two fingers up to the seriousness of it all .

[/quote
As you say nothing is a 100% safe, and it is up to us all to play our part in following the guidelines to keep ourselves and others safe, having said that there is a need to enforce some of the regulations, it has now become obvious that asking certain parts of the community to do so is a waste of time, and sadly taking action to encourage them needs to be the next step, if as we see on the media police crews standing around illegal gatherings doing nothing then it sends out the message to carry on, those that refuse to comply should be challenged, maybe we should start of by publishing figures of prosecutions and fines if there are any, we are well aware the police can't cope, they can't expect to throw the full responsibility of enforcement and monitoring onto the general public that is a function of the state, comments on social; media about the arrest of the guy on the railway suggest a strong bias against the police, apparently we are all sheep and living under tyranny, they have no idea.

Last edited by casper; 9th Sep 2020 3:41pm.
cools #1079571 9th Sep 2020 7:49pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
The younger generation just aren’t taking it serious. I’ve spoken to many and it seems to me they really questioning this virus and think it’s some kind of plot to control the masses....it doesn’t exist i hear a lot ..
I’m older generation and i worry about it but even i fleetingly think what the hell is going on? I’ll keep on wearing my mask and social distance etc and hope to God it goes away but I have my doubts, it’s just so surreal.

cools #1079573 9th Sep 2020 9:43pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The self-entitled generation, "I don't like it so I can do the hell what I want instead". Not helped by a useless Government.

At least 62 schools locked down in the first four days of the schools opening.

Some schools (including Woodchurch High) banned pupils from wearing masks, Woodchurch then had to send an entire year home for self isolation.

Bebington High had two members of staff tested positive, they sent other members of staff home that had been in contact but they ignored kids that had been in contact with the two staff members.

At least three other schools in Wirral have been affected already.

We are now going into a 6-person group lockdown (from 30 people) - but its ok for more than 6 people to be in a pub or restaurant.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
cools #1079578 10th Sep 2020 9:06am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Now the children are back at school, it seems that the grandparents will have to impose self- isolation on themselves again. Keep away from the grandkids. The good weather we had when lockdown was being lifted helped a lot.
The winter months are coming and different virus such as coughs, colds and flu,will also enter the classroom, how are they going to be so adamant to know one from another in the first intance ?
I don't think seeing my grandchildren from now on is very sensible, unless we can meet up outdoors somewhere. It's just another 'sentence' that won't be going away soon, so those who can go into 6 person group lockdown are probably more lucky than others.
However , we all still need to be vigilant and we make our choice as to whether we go to a pub or a restaurant. Most pubs and restaurants have made the necessary distancing possible, but I'm not too sure about the likes of door knobs or tables and chairs, in such places .

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1079579 10th Sep 2020 9:29am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Well it looks like all is not lost, there's a new guy in town the covid marshal, who we are told will be able to enforce lockdown rules and issue fines, well that's a new one, a civilian police force with no legal remit, or powers of arrest, I can vision it now, give me your name and address, f..k off and the offender walks away, oh well it sounds good.

diggingdeeper #1079583 10th Sep 2020 11:02am
Old Hand
Old Hand
DD , you say our government is useless dealing with the virus, but quite honestly, what would YOU do to deal with it? How do you control all the thousands of idiots who don't care or don't believe they will catch it?

cools #1079584 10th Sep 2020 11:16am
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
A few days after the start of term my grandson started with a cold. The school sent him home and told my daughter to ring the number for testing. It took hours to get through and when they finally did, the response was - why are you ringing us? he hasn't got any other symptoms. A wasted day, a lot of wasted stress and time - he was back to school the next day. There has to be a judgement call on what's a standard cold and what isn't, or it will descend into chaos. This is just the start; it's going to be a bumpy road. I will continue to see my grandsons, but with distancing, sanitising etc. As for worries about door knobs, tables, chairs etc in pubs and restaurants - just carry sanitiser and use it frequently to be on the safe side.

There are no guarantees that a different government would have handled it better - but I bet they wouldn't have been as bombastic as Boris!

muzzy2 #1079585 10th Sep 2020 12:09pm
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by muzzy2
DD , you say our government is useless dealing with the virus, but quite honestly, what would YOU do to deal with it? How do you control all the thousands of idiots who don't care or don't believe they will catch it?

The government has bungled this from day one, always one step behind everyone else, too little too late,Italy road blocks police military, New Zealand and Australia police and military, UK police won't intervene unless there is a breach of the peace, illegal raves house parties, street parties,no action the message is loud and clear, do as you please, they actively encouraged us to mix, in the North the figures were still rising, they had levelled in the South, a one size fits all effort given little thought.

Last edited by casper; 10th Sep 2020 12:10pm.
muzzy2 #1079601 10th Sep 2020 7:56pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by muzzy2

I would have concentrated on policies to control the virus instead of policies to achieve the least blame - at the end of the day results will always win.

There are experts on people management, use them. The standard patterns are to start hard and alleviate afterwards if required, this self-defensive Government did it the opposite way round, started soft and tried to change to harder, it doesn't work, ask anybody who manages numbers of people (eg teachers, football coaches etc etc).

Instead they have been listening to the likes of Cummings whose expertise is popularity damage limitation and blame control. He's very good at it, he knows when to throw a blatant lie, he knows when to deny, he knows when to bluff etc, but he does not know how to contain a virus as proven numerous times in his own personal life.

Churchill's policies weren't popular but the people followed, as results came in he became a hero. Some of his policies were not required other than to manipulate the country into obedience.

Furthermore the Tories have yet again put the country further in debt than necessary, there were many people that were furloughed that didn't need to be. Its been yet another financial disaster to the UK population brought about by the Tories who want a bipartite state; the rich and the poor.

How many companies had a Government adviser round to help them? None until the virus has gone rampant round a factory. Its been the whole story, do something afterwards instead of before.

The Government are gutless wimps who haven't got the bottle to do something unpopular. How can anyone be told they are not allowed to wear a face mask? Being in a position of power and forcing someone to remove their facemask other than for identification purposes should be a criminal offence in its own right but not under this surreal Government's world.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
cools #1079606 11th Sep 2020 8:02am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Clearly the Government have done something 'unpopular' , as all things thay have done are 'unpopluar' with you, DD and Casper. Bless him ! seeyu

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1079607 11th Sep 2020 8:36am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Considering Boris and his most hated friend in the country, who is just someone to blame in the blame game, has got it all wrong, I have to assume that Scotland and Wales have got it all right ???

It seems to me that as soon as Government make an announcement of changes, Scotland and Wales also follow with an announcement of changes, but different changes . Why do they need to ? Is it becuase their numbers are rising too, or is it a way of trying all possible solutions to eradiacte this virus to the best possible outcome.

We don;t know who or what is being discussed behind closed doors and I would suggest the timing of all things seems to coincide with changes made by the devolved parliaments too, along with France, Spain and others . There's a lot of 'Phone a Friend' going on across the globe.
France made masks in public mandatory, French judicial system overturned the ruling !!

~Chief Seattle
granny #1079608 11th Sep 2020 8:37am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny

Clearly the Government have done something 'unpopular' , as all things thay have done are 'unpopluar' with you, DD and Casper. Bless him ! seeyu

Unpopular, that's a bit of an understatement, recycling of old measures and more promises, if they are serious they need to take control, they have not only allowed this virus to take a hold again they have encouraged it, lets see what happens at the football, will it be controlled or will crowds gather and the police will observe again = no consequences no control, the message goes out that its still a free for all to do as you please, whats more surprising is the Tories usually have no qualms about using the police to enforce their will.

casper #1079609 11th Sep 2020 8:38am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by granny

Unpopular, that's a bit of an understatement, recycling of old measures and more promises, if they are serious they need to take control, they have not only allowed this virus to take a hold again they have encouraged it, lets see what happens at the football, will it be controlled or will crowds gather and the police will observe again = no consequences no control, the message goes out that its still a free for all to do as you please, whats more surprising is the Tories usually have no qualms about using the police to enforce their will.

How about Scotland and Wales, with rising cases ?

~Chief Seattle
Page 49 of 55 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 54 55

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am