Seaview Road 1900
This is Seaview Road at the turn of the 20th Century. The tram lines run to the Tram Sheds where ASDA now stands today. Trams served Wallasey until 1933. To the bottom right corner is Gibson's Stables. It was establied in 1860 and supplied Wallasey with hired carriages and horses. Later the stables were demolished and a cinema built in its place in 1926. The site is now The Capitol.
The small child at the bottom left stands where The Wellington Hotel is today (renamed "Duke"s this week)[more info on The Wellington Hotel at a later date]
Anyone for tripe?? Seaview Road (June 2008)
The buildings are the same though of course none of the businesses survived.