This is not a Pub
as such, but a private members club which is also popular for its function room, and is used for a variety of things, from children's parties to jumble sales.
The building, once known as Heyfield House, dates back to before 1875. Maps from about 1911 name it as 'The Old Manor Club', although it is not adjacent to any of the local Manors.
Clifton Hall used to be over the road from it, and its lodge still stands. As a matter of interest, the Hall became the Sea Training Home before being bought by Wallasey Council for use as a Technical College, which has since been demolished for a small housing estate.
On its North side, the Club used to have a bowling green, but this was sold and is now the site of some modern apartments. To the rear are playing fields, known as The Delph, a former quarry.