Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 20,102 guests, and 691 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 143
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 143
Two years ago I rescued three ex-battery hens. Unfortunately two have now passed away, leaving poor Babs alone. It is not recommended for hens to be alone and as such, I am reluctantly using wikiwirral to see if anyone out there who already has hens of their own ( or knows somebody who does) who could take her on.

I have always said keeping an animal is a big commitment. i would never lightly ask for an animal to be rehomed. Sometimes the right choice is not the one I want to make.

She still lays eggs and this week I have had three out of five days. Apparently the hens are about 2 years old when they leave the factory (she came featherless and very distressed). I got her two years ago, so she will be around 4 years old.

She has had two years of freedom and fun with her sisters and she enjoys scratching about for bugs and corn. She will only eat chick crumb, but I'm happy to provide you with as much of that as you need as I still feel a responsibility towards her (I know,... She's only a hen!...but she's a special one!).

I really don't want her to go, but don't want her to continue without company which I can't give her.


I would appreciate any serious offers of help or advice.

Thanks, Andy.

She really won't appreciate being introduced to a group, more like two or three hens where she won't have to fight for her place as much in the pecking order.

Google Ads
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 179
Hello mate, I have two Light Sussex and one White Leghorn. I've not introduced new hens to them before (they are a year old) if you think she will integrate with mine I would be happy to offer her a home.
Paul

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 179
Here's the potential foster family!

Attached Images
chickens.jpg
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 143
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 143
Hi Paul,

I really appreciate your offer. Your girls look amazing! I'm going to have her injections updated this weekend then she will be ready to move on. I will PM you over the weekend to check you haven't changed your mind! Thank you very much.

Andy

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 143
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 143
[Linked Image]
In the house last night. Didn't want her to be alone!

[Linked Image]
Last summer.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 179
That would be great Andy, I'm sure they will all get on great. You will have full visitation rights too!! Give me a shout on 07545160908. Cheers Paul

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 36
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 36
rrrrr i just love a happy ending... can we please have more pics when they all meet...

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Please let us know how babs got on ,hope it was a happy ending.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,647
Wiki Guide
Offline
Wiki Guide
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,647
Yes i would like to know if BABS is settled with her foster family.


Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
Beaty59
Beaty59
Port Sunlight
Posts: 237
Joined: May 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,905,564 CW Chat room thread
6,015,850 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,723,377 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5