WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,386
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
4 members (1 invisible), 30,824 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Spiritdancer #708461 10th Jul 2012 11:52pm
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 430
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 430
I just posed the question about further details being required and here was the response. I called myself Miles LOL

[Linked Image]

So that explains it LOL or she could be full of shit smile

Last edited by ASE71; 10th Jul 2012 11:53pm.
Google Ads
ASE71 #708478 11th Jul 2012 1:34am
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
It's when you win an item then try to pay for it.
You have to fill in your card details for payment of said item as you know, if you buy something online and it's not through Paypal...... BUT.....you get the receipt and it has got at the bottom of the page, that you have now subscribed to three months Ziinga gold membership at £59.99 per month, blah,blah....then all hell breaks loose when you've realised what's happened!


"The beauty in our hearts transforms the world around us"
#708495 11th Jul 2012 8:46am
P
phlegm
Unregistered
phlegm
Unregistered
P
A couple of points... they say this is a binding contract [but not A 'legally' binding contract] also I never signed anything all I did was tick a box so I do not consider it a legal contract.I will not pay scammers whatever their scare tactics.They have sent me a reminder of payment due I will not even reply to them and never give them my 'new' card details .

#708570 11th Jul 2012 1:36pm
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Never signed anything myself either.

I caved in because I was making myself ill with exhaustion so just paid the cancellation fee in the end. Just been looking at some other stories about Ziinga and signed a petition so surely something will happen before long. They've conned 914million at least.

Really hope you do get away with it. Don't forget to put it on here please.



"The beauty in our hearts transforms the world around us"
#708817 12th Jul 2012 11:09am
P
phlegm
Unregistered
phlegm
Unregistered
P
well today I blocked ziinga from sending me emails ..now lets see what happens?

#708906 12th Jul 2012 6:07pm
P
phlegm
Unregistered
phlegm
Unregistered
P
ps spiritdancer they still have your card number and can claim anytime as much as they want .. .dump card number ASAP

#708932 12th Jul 2012 7:39pm
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 86
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 86
The box you ticked is an electronic signature and therefore binding. Also, it sounds like this site is similar to the payday loans you can get online. When you agree to take a loan (or in this instance buy an item) you are agreeing to all their terms and conditions which are fully visible on the website, it's up to you to read it and they're banking on the fact that most people won't bother. The agreement is basically an electronic direct debit which neither you nor the bank can cancel. The only way to avoid payment in the short term is to either close the account or divert any payments going in but then you will most likely have bank charges applied for a failed direct debit! Sounds like they make their money from cancellation fees to me. If you don't pay they will pass the account to a collections agency which will charge the earth! I used to work for a debt management company and know there are certain things the banks can't cancel and this sounds like one of them. Short answer, pay the cancellation fee - it's the cheapest option.

missj #708990 12th Jul 2012 10:42pm
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Phlegm, I've kept the receipt from the cancellation fee. so they can't get any more money off me or I'll have them,lol.

Yes, that's why I paid them missj, albeit, very very reluctantly!


"The beauty in our hearts transforms the world around us"
#708991 12th Jul 2012 10:44pm
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Can't wait to see what they do now you've blocked them Phlegm!


"The beauty in our hearts transforms the world around us"
#709055 13th Jul 2012 9:14am
P
phlegm
Unregistered
phlegm
Unregistered
P
I cancelled debit card and the police advise me not to pay them!

#709159 13th Jul 2012 4:33pm
P
phlegm
Unregistered
phlegm
Unregistered
P
Today I contacted a solicitor who confirmed that ticking a box to accept their terms was binding grrr! so I have reluctlantly paid them blood money to get out of the contract, then I immediatly cancelled my card again so they cannot take anymore .I hope this is the last I ever hear of ziinga and pray one day someone shoots the lot of them!!!

#709208 13th Jul 2012 7:50pm
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Awww phlegm (((((((hug))))))), that's exactly how I felt.

Suffice to say, I haven't heard from Ziinga since I paid my cancellation fee. Hope it'll be the same for you.

Yes, I can't wait for the day they get their comeuppance!



"The beauty in our hearts transforms the world around us"
#709916 16th Jul 2012 4:02pm
P
phlegm
Unregistered
phlegm
Unregistered
P
Time will tell I only hope that the people who have read this awful scam take notice and pass it on to other websites who have a forum!

#709950 16th Jul 2012 6:21pm
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
there are too many of these kind of scams on-line, you always need to read the small print, as you say they have your card details its best if you do anything cash through paypal if not possible go elsewhere, thanks for highlighting it

#710148 17th Jul 2012 10:16am
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
The Financial Ombudsman's site is very good for advice on things like this and if you have a case they will help you sort it out anyway.

thumbsup


Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral, Cheshire
Posts: 14,579
Joined: July 2008
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,907,490 CW Chat room thread
6,017,439 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,740 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5