WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,382
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 16,231 guests, and 528 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 30th Sep 2026 11:05am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#573892 2nd Sep 2011 6:33pm
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,452
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,452
I guess you must have to be an idiot to earn enough money to be able to enjoy brand-new cars. But never mind, you can go on thinking you are out-smarting them, if you like! wink

Last edited by CVCVCV; 2nd Sep 2011 6:35pm. Reason: added smiley for anyone humor-impaired!
Google Ads
CVCVCV #573903 2nd Sep 2011 6:51pm
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
I guess you must have to be an idiot to earn enough money to be able to enjoy brand-new cars. But never mind, you can go on thinking you are out-smarting them, if you like! wink


I know plenty of extremely wealthy people who don't buy brand new. But as I said above if you have so much money that it really doesn't matter then you are exempt from my idiot category.

But also worth pointing out is that the rich don't get where they are by wasting money for no reason. They will have started out buying second hand, I'm sure.

IF you are in the position, like most, where you have a budget in mind then you can get a lot more 'bang for your buck' buying pre-owned, and those who buy brand new euroboxes are the people I refer to.

#573907 2nd Sep 2011 7:02pm
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,452
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,452
It's still, fundamentally, I suppose I am saying, a healthy (and therefore, not stupid) thing for people to buy new cars (for whatever reason), or we wouldn't even be here, talking about cars at all... right?

Last edited by CVCVCV; 2nd Sep 2011 7:02pm. Reason: typos
#573910 2nd Sep 2011 7:05pm
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Someone has to do it for the sensible amongst us to enjoy lower cost motoring, so don't get me wrong, I'm all for it!

#573913 2nd Sep 2011 7:13pm
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,131
Likes: 1
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,131
Likes: 1
il stick to buyin older cars in the sub £1000 bracket,even if i could afford to buy new i dont think i would.old cars are more fun!

#573948 2nd Sep 2011 8:43pm
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,086
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,086
Personally I was sick and tired of fixing them (eg going into work with a faulty carburetor - weekends over/under them - etc)
Plus at my age (71) you can't take it with you!!!

buddy #573956 2nd Sep 2011 8:53pm
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by buddy

Plus at my age (71) you can't take it with you!!!


You fit one of my categories quite well then wink

#573966 2nd Sep 2011 9:23pm
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 239
Addict
Offline
Addict
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 239
well, back on subject kiddas...I was loading my car up at ASDA before with my shopping, parked in parent and child (as I had my 2 babies with me) and a man in a 61 reg bright white peugeot 508 pulled up in the space next to mine and he and his 3 GROWN UP lads got out and went in. Tosser.

jenscho #573971 2nd Sep 2011 9:41pm
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by jenscho
well, back on subject kiddas...I was loading my car up at ASDA before with my shopping, parked in parent and child (as I had my 2 babies with me) and a man in a 61 reg bright white peugeot 508 pulled up in the space next to mine and he and his 3 GROWN UP lads got out and went in. Tosser.


Agree, he's a tosser for buying a brand new 508 when the same money would have bought him something that wasn't shit.

#574007 2nd Sep 2011 11:06pm
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 239
Addict
Offline
Addict
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 239
he's a tosser on both accounts smile

#574109 3rd Sep 2011 10:34am
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
Wiki Veteran
Offline
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
Maybe on that note even a Toss-Pot!


Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
#574112 3rd Sep 2011 10:47am
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Strong... but yeah.

#574262 3rd Sep 2011 4:23pm
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,082
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,082
Not seen any driving near where I live... Just goes to show brand new cars are harder to steal....

#574611 4th Sep 2011 12:15pm
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 541
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 541
sod that buying a new car, give me a 15 year old scooby any day

#574625 4th Sep 2011 1:18pm
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 225
Addict
Offline
Addict
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 225
I was in London a few weeks ago and I spotted a Range Rover with the reg. V I P YE. I was not impressed. My only thought was "pretentious prick". Apparently it is worth in the region of £58k.


Clones are people two !
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Posts: 2,371
Joined: April 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,905,246 CW Chat room thread
6,015,667 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,723,233 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5