Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,366
Posts1,033,331
Members14,588
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (2 invisible), 9,990 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd, jamiemc75, Bunny
14,588 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Looking for an old engine
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:11pm
Car paint jobs
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:09pm
Wanted Gardener
by kimpri - 27th Apr 2024 6:45am
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Morseman

Anyone who thinks the job is easy wants to give it a go. What do you think they do, turn up at nine in the morning and are given a bike and a bag of letters to deliver? You try getting up at five or earlier six days a week in all weathers. You get attacked by dogs. You get robbed at knife point by drug crazed madmen. You take all kinds of insults because the DSS hasn't sent some lazy barstard giro. You get worked into the ground with bad backs, knees etc and get discarded.

Honestly some want to engage brain before commenting or moaning just because they might miss getting a bit of junk mail for one day.

mad

What a load of shite no

I`m sure the `postmen` are aware of what the job entails.
sure, its not easy but they don`t like it, they leave, simple as!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Google Ads
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
agreed, every job has its difficulties, the above are some of the extreem conditions you hear about, the average day of a postie is pretty easy, and the only responsibilities they have are to put a letter through the right door. wow so hard.

try being a solider, you hear them moaning, but about real things like.....I need a gun and ammo if you want me to kill !

sack the pricks and be done with them, its getting dull now them strikin all the time.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'm with morseman on this one.

They're striking to try and keep their jobs.

The reason they are striking is because there will be at least 600 job loses due to the fact Royal Mail want to close the Liverpool sorting office and move it to Warrington.

This will probably also affect postal services in terms of longer postal times, higher postage costs, reduced services (if they could get any more reduced) and more post lost!

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
striling to keep their jobs ???? that just dont make sence, if your job is at risk, the last thing you want to do is strike.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Im sorry, but the Royal Mail are bleeding money, they arein the shit bigtime, and if these muppets even want to have a job next year, they should be happy that their bosses are looking at ways to econimise, BEFORE its too late.

Okay, so lets keep the sorting office in Liverpool open, lets not be prepared to make sacrifices with regards jobs, to save a LOT more, and lets just watch Royal Mail lose so much money that the ... are all out of a job when it goes under.

FFS they DO strike whenever they get a bee in their bonnet, as far as I am concerned, there are a LOT of people who are losing their jobs due to economic problems, not just them, but wtf, the whole country could go on strike and it isnt going to make a blind bit of difference, because JOBS WILL STILL BE LOST, BUSINESS STILL NEEDS TO ECONOMISE.

One of the main reasons the Royal Mail is losing so much money, is thanks to the lazy barstard postmen, who get a sniff of anything and just think STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE. The amount of businesses who WON'T TOUCH ROYAL MAIL WITH A BARGEPOLE because of their happieness to strike and kill mail services is amazing, the workers are bringing these job cuts on themselves, I for one despair using the Royal Mail because I know that if a manager has a cross word with one of the staff, the whole fookin lot spit their dummy out, stamp their feet, and strike.

They are ... for doing this at Christmas, do they really think the bosses are going to give a shit, no they won't, they CAN'T simply say, oh well, because you spat your dummy out you big babies, we are all going to bow down to you lot and continue to lose however many million extra it is costing us each year to keep the sorting office open.

All it is going to do, is breed more resentment for these ... who should think about the fact they have a job right now rather than moaning they may lose it, and cause disruption for the normal, hard working person, who has sweet FA to do with thier jobs or company.

The move wont affect postal services, because EFFICIENCY far outweighs capacity in most walks of life. It will affect post services a LOT more if the Royal Mail end up in shit street and can't afford to pay their workers, and oh, they go on strike for weeks until a deal can be reached.

PLACE YA BETS NOW, THEY GO ON STRIKE IN 2009 FOR HIGHER WAGES! ...!

Sack the fooking lot of them I say, I know tonnes of people who would LOVE to have their jobs right now. Gets a bit cold and the morons just find any reason not to work.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Sanchez
if your job is at risk, the last thing you want to do is strike.

Exactly, even moreso, if the strike will cause disruption and hatred to your customers, the people who pay your wages, and the reason for the move is already to try and cut costs because the company that employs you is bleeding money.

Ive now decided that everything I send, will be via City Link this Xmas. Can't even be arsed with Royal Mail/Post Office/Parcelforce now, it's simply not worth the hassle or risk.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Your right man, and it happens every christmas because they know thats when they are needed most.
Its not on.
There should be a contract upon becoming an employee for Royal mail no

Last edited by _Ste_; 12th Dec 2008 11:04pm. Reason: SpElLiNg

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Im sorry, but the Royal Mail are bleeding money, they arein the shit bigtime, and if these muppets even want to have a job next year, they should be happy that their bosses are looking at ways to econimise, BEFORE its too late.

Okay, so lets keep the sorting office in Liverpool open, lets not be prepared to make sacrifices with regards jobs, to save a LOT more, and lets just watch Royal Mail lose so much money that the ... are all out of a job when it goes under.

FFS they DO strike whenever they get a bee in their bonnet, as far as I am concerned, there are a LOT of people who are losing their jobs due to economic problems, not just them, but wtf, the whole country could go on strike and it isnt going to make a blind bit of difference, because JOBS WILL STILL BE LOST, BUSINESS STILL NEEDS TO ECONOMISE.

One of the main reasons the Royal Mail is losing so much money, is thanks to the lazy barstard postmen, who get a sniff of anything and just think STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE. The amount of businesses who WON'T TOUCH ROYAL MAIL WITH A BARGEPOLE because of their happieness to strike and kill mail services is amazing, the workers are bringing these job cuts on themselves, I for one despair using the Royal Mail because I know that if a manager has a cross word with one of the staff, the whole fookin lot spit their dummy out, stamp their feet, and strike.

They are ... for doing this at Christmas, do they really think the bosses are going to give a shit, no they won't, they CAN'T simply say, oh well, because you spat your dummy out you big babies, we are all going to bow down to you lot and continue to lose however many million extra it is costing us each year to keep the sorting office open.

All it is going to do, is breed more resentment for these ... who should think about the fact they have a job right now rather than moaning they may lose it, and cause disruption for the normal, hard working person, who has sweet FA to do with thier jobs or company.

The move wont affect postal services, because EFFICIENCY far outweighs capacity in most walks of life. It will affect post services a LOT more if the Royal Mail end up in shit street and can't afford to pay their workers, and oh, they go on strike for weeks until a deal can be reached.

PLACE YA BETS NOW, THEY GO ON STRIKE IN 2009 FOR HIGHER WAGES! ...!

Sack the fooking lot of them I say, I know tonnes of people who would LOVE to have their jobs right now. Gets a bit cold and the morons just find any reason not to work.

withthatclap they cant run something that is unsustainable. If that happens, prices will go up yet people moan that if they move the office, prices go up! If Mcdonalds in Birkenhead closed, how many would feel sorry for the burger flippers? not many methinks!

"can you describe the assailant?"
"er, 6ft3, moustache"
"my, thats a big moustache!"
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
With compnaies such as Royal Mail who rely heavily on workers to make the profits, striking is the only way the workers have to fight back against the company, weather it be job loses due to loses in profit (not actually losing money, just not making as much money as the year before), worse conditions or worse pay due to economic growth that comes with capitalism.

striling to keep their jobs ???? that just dont make sence, if your job is at risk, the last thing you want to do is strike.

What would you suggest they do to tell the bosses not to cut 600 jobs?? Write them a nice letter with kisses on?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Im sorry Joe, but you need to realise mate, this is the toughest economical climate for generations, if you lost your job tomorrow, there would be little you can do, and you would have to accept it.

Business is having to economise, job losses are inevitable, especially to protect mass job losses. I myself am feeling the pinch, im starting to lower commits on both staffing and network levels, to ensure my business remains viable economically.

Job losses are a fact of life, and no amount of moaning and kicking up a fuss, causing grief for your customers, the customers that pay your wages, is going to stop the need for economy-related job losses. All such action is going to do, is create a cause for more losses down the line, as a result of making the customers angry.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Job losses are a fact of life
no

Job loses are a fact of capitalism yes

boom & slumps - it has to happen - companies and economies cannot keep growing forever

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
My brother was a postman for 12 years.

He quite freely told us that his managers were a waste of space and that a lot of the posties were quite disillusioned with their job. There were also quite a few who were totally lazy. This was when they delivered post at 7.30am and started at the sorting office at about 6.00am. This was before they got 'pansy' carts to tug the post in on large rounds.

My brother left because he finally realised he was flogging himself for peanuts and getting a bad back in the process.

So I am afraid this rather taints my view of the 'poor old postal worker'.

Are you SoNutz?
Forum Master
Are you SoNutz?
Forum Master
they always strike during christmas. its becomming common..

Lee Mills

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
clapits good to have you back matt. lol laugh

Addict
Addict
agreed, every job has its difficulties, the above are some of the extreem conditions you hear about, the average day of a postie is pretty easy, and the only responsibilities they have are to put a letter through the right door. wow so hard.

try being a solider, you hear them moaning, but about real things like.....I need a gun and ammo if you want me to kill !

sack the pricks and be done with them, its getting dull now them strikin all the time.

Whoa there boy. I've been both soldier and postman so don't try to tell me what it is all about! Have you?

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,952 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,018,547 Spotted!