Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,368
Posts1,033,333
Members14,588
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (2 invisible), 10,206 guests, and 659 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd, jamiemc75, Bunny
14,588 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
italian furniture
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 7:07pm
leather sofa set
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 4:47pm
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Looking for an old engine
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:11pm
Car paint jobs
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:09pm
Wanted Gardener
by kimpri - 27th Apr 2024 6:45am
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
diggingdeeper #1084979 15th Jan 2024 1:33pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
This is not 'conflict' between Israel and the population of Gaza, the Gazans and Palestinians are not fighting back.... they can't.

Absolutely diabolicle, and according to Netanyahu in the last 24hrs, it will not stop. He has no chance of stopping Hamas, and looks like even less chance of the captives being returned.

Now we have attacks on Houthis. Saudi Arabia has been fighting the Houthis for the last ten years, and still haven't achieved anything. Houthis are tribes, and tribes have an inbuilt ability for survival .UK should keep it's nose out.
Very odd how every leader of UK Government since at least the year 2000, has one way or another has managed to get involved in a war . It all goes towards their 'street cred' IMO.

Knock out one Houthi and two take their place. Knock out Hamas fighters and for every woman and child are killed in Gazza, it's said that 10 join Hamas. What have the Palestinians left to do.. with no home, no children, no wife ?

Israel building up troops on the Lebanese border, along with field hospitals.. so they are expecting the worst, or ready to trigger the worst. I suspect the latter.

Will the ICJ come to a conclusion of Genocide...? I doubt it, as it's more than their worth to favour against the Zionist Government of Israel and the US mandate.
The judges and Court are on trial themselves.

No doubt, Israel have used this as an excuse to instigate wider conflicts in the region, which they've been after, backed by USA for the last 20 yrs at least. WHo gave the false information about Iraq having WMD ? Netanyahu and there's a video of him shouting it out in US congress.
Iraq didn't turn out too well did it ? Considering they got rid of the supposed trouble maker of WMD (Saddam HUssain) of which David Kelly denied ,.... but look what happened to him ! Another mystery !!!
The Iraqi terrorists groups are constantly attacking US bases on the Iraqi/Syrian border.

I'm steaming with a) anger and b) desperation for the innocents !!

Last edited by granny; 15th Jan 2024 1:37pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
diggingdeeper #1085002 14th Feb 2024 1:51pm
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Andrew Feinstein, a Jew who is going to stand as MP against Kier Starmer

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
diggingdeeper #1085004 14th Feb 2024 6:37pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
That should set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Starmer has released a statement :

"Labour has positioned itself as the pro-genocide party," Feinstein told MEE. "It is completely indistinguishable from the Conservatives and the US administration."

Shortly after the announcement of Feinstein’s candidacy, Starmer issued a statement on X warning of the “catastrophic” consequences of an Israeli offensive on Rafah and calling for a “sustainable ceasefire”.

In response, Feinstein tweeted, “How about calling for an end to arms sales from the UK to Israel? Why haven’t you commented on the findings of the ICJ which ruled that it is plausible Israel is committing genocide? Why have u done nothing to try & stop the slaughter of almost 30,000 people since October?”

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
diggingdeeper #1085020 29th Feb 2024 5:32pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Is it any surprise that people are rallying and protesting over the Palestinian and Gazan catastrophe ?

Israeli Masacre last night, against people waiting for food aid. 107 dead, and about 700 injured.

Sniper fire.

Biden has changed his time plan after saying there might be a ceasefire on Monday, now he said there won't be.

What is the world waiting for ???

~Chief Seattle
granny #1085021 1st Mar 2024 1:45pm
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
Is it any surprise that people are rallying and protesting over the Palestinian and Gazan catastrophe ?

Israeli Masacre last night, against people waiting for food aid. 107 dead, and about 700 injured.

Sniper fire.

Biden has changed his time plan after saying there might be a ceasefire on Monday, now he said there won't be.

What is the world waiting for ???

Your wee Scottish friend with the hat will be making some noise about it in parliament and elsewhere unlike many other spineless politicians.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

diggingdeeper #1085024 2nd Mar 2024 9:54am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Russia attacked Ukraine stole land, kidnapped children bombed civilians, committed atrocities, no flag waving mass marches across the world in support of Ukraine.

Hamas controlled Palestine attacks Israel, commits the murder of civilians, rape and kidnapp.

Israel retaliates bombs Palestine kills civilians commits alleged war crimes.

Israel is condemned and made a pariah state.

World mass marches in support of Palestine

Does anyone see the imbalance here ?

diggingdeeper #1085026 3rd Mar 2024 12:22pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Not quite true, Casper. Blue and Yellow flags were paraded and hung all over Europe and the USA.
Flag and Badge makers made a fortune.
Eurovision last year in Liverpool , yet again predominately brought the Ukraine war to the attention on a massive scale.
4.5 million Ukranians were given refugee status in Europe.
11,000 civilians killed in 2 years.

2.2 million Palestinians , majority of whom are already refugees after they were pushed out of their villages and homes for the Israeli Settlers and their own productive land of what was Palestine .
Been forced to move from North to South, with no exit door, where they wait to be bombed night after night.
30,000 killed in 4 months

Fly aid to Israel in bombs and fly aid to Palestinians in bread !

I want to know why the Archbishop could not bring himself to meet Pastor Isaac Munther from the Christian Lutherian Church in Bethlehem when he visited UK a couple of weeks ago. Reason said to be because Munther appeared at a protest rally with Jeremy Corbyn.
So it looks like the Palestinian Christians are to be punished without a voice too . I wonder when Jesus walked the paths of Palestine, was it the same then ? Did he know how those who find control are cowards at the roots ?

and DD, I thought Galloway was your friend,not mine.

~Chief Seattle
granny #1085027 3rd Mar 2024 8:38pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Yes there was a limited amount of support aross the world but nothing to the degree we have had for Gaza, with thousands congregating and demonstrating, I do not support either side they have both crossed the line with their attacks on the civilian population.

My simple observation, Hamas attacked Israel, it was a sneak attack designed to cause fear and havoc they allegedly committed atrocities and took hostages, not the action of victims, what did Hamas expect to happen, was it designed to unleash the horrors that are occurring and to play the victim to gain world sympathy, again its only a thought.

Israel seeks revenge with a vengence,intelligence tells them rightly or wrongly that Hamas hide in or under certain public buildings, hospitals and schools, FIBUA is extremely difficult around deserted buildings let alone with civilians milling about, military and civilian casualties are going to be high, hence the bombings to save the military casualties, I'am not condoning that but can understand it.

The hatred and mistrust of both sides is a part of history.

Conclusion, Hamas hides amongst the civilian population, Israel attacks, what is the outcome going to be? six of one half a dozen of the other with both pointing the finger at each other, only the innocent lose.

diggingdeeper #1085039 4th Mar 2024 9:03pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I agree with some of what you say, and also agree that the Hamas attack on Oct 7th asked for retaliation by Israel. No one can blame them for that.

However, Hamas did not come into being until 1986 in response to the decades of Israeli attacks on the Palestinians . Unfortunately, Hamas will not go away. It's said , for every innocent person killed in Gaza another 10 will join Hamas.

As the Israeli representative said today at the UNSC, Israel wishes for peace... not for the children and the grandchildren and the great granchildren of the Palestinians holding a grudge for ever.

Well, that's already happened , due to Israels inital attack on the Palestinian Chrstians in 1948, just a year after Israel was made a land for the people without a land, within the boundaries of Palestine. Since then, they've grabbed more and more and basically shoved the refugees into Gaza and placed Settlers on the ancient lands of Palestinians. Their olive groves, orange groves and the most fertile land in the region.

The following video which I posted onthe previous page and is not available any longer, is still on Youtube.
How Palestine used to be, and how in 1948 Israel ran 750,000 Palestinian Christians out of their country with no right to return, but it didn't end there .
It's pretty harrowing, but worth watching to find the history which is still being played out today.

Last edited by granny; 4th Mar 2024 9:06pm.

~Chief Seattle
diggingdeeper #1085040 5th Mar 2024 2:45pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
I still cannot understand the overwhelming support for Palestine other than the massive death toll of children and I hold Hamas is as guilty as Israel for those deaths, Hamas were the author of their own misfortune, quote from the Art of War, "who wishes to fight must first count the cost" well the cost of lives in Gaza has well and truly made that quote true and to what end?

I take your point about the land grabbing and the deemed unfairness, but nothing will change that, the hate and bitterness is ingrained into their very being on both sides,

The West for obvious reasons favour Israel as stabilising influence against radical Islam in the area and will support them openly or covertley regardless.

The marches here are only going to inflame things as they are begining to disrespect the rule of law and decency and have the potential to inflame racism and hate, a Trojan horse for extremists to hijack for their own purpose.

I don't know what the answer is, but the involvement of various factions seeking to favour one side against the other will only seek to inflame the situation further.

diggingdeeper #1085041 5th Mar 2024 6:59pm
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
The answer is for all nations to defend any nations that are being invaded by another. The reason they don't is purely financial, no country would take on the rest-of-the-world, not even Russia or China.

In the West, wars, military manufacturing and spending are just methods of continuing the aristocracy, money counts, peasant's lives are cheap.

The solution to the current situation is for the west to stop arming Israel and harshly sanction Israel until they agree to return roughly to the 1947 partition plan whereby Israel and Palestine have about equal amounts of land. Any other target will just be enabling this conflict to go on forever even if Israel totally flattens Gaza.

Israel has treated Palestinians like slave animals for long enough, this escalated around 1922 and all attempts at pacifying Israel has resulted in Israel continuing to take more liberties and commit more crimes. Israel will not stop at Palestine.

I don't know where you get the idea that Israel is a stabilising influence, they have always been de-stabilisers and have never stabilised anything. Palestine was generally an area of peace with mixed nationalities and religions until they had land taken away from them by those intolerant of other religions.

diggingdeeper #1085042 5th Mar 2024 8:37pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Stablise might be the wrong word DD buffer zone / enclave may be better suited, you say Palastine was an area of peace but since it came under the control of Hamas this no longer applies, speaking of intolerant religions I think Islam is the more intolerant of any other religion I don't think anything at the present time will stop the onslaught unless Hamas decide to give up the hostages, thats if they still have any, and agree exchanges etc not a lot to ask and maybe further concessions can be made to satisfy both parties, but something really needs to happen before more innocent people are killed.

diggingdeeper #1085043 5th Mar 2024 9:55pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
If we talk about stability in the region, I think it is nil.
Today, reports of intense Israeli fire into Lebanon. Hezbollah have been returning fire into Israeli settlements. Israel still continues to bomb Syria (Damascus) on a weekly if not on an often daily basis.

Right at the beginning of the Gazan war, Netanyahu declared "'this will change the face of the MIddle East forever ".

He has since lined the Israeli/Lebanon border with thousands of troops.

There are mutterings coming out of Syria, and roadmaps for Syrian refugees coming out of Lebanon.

My wonder is how anythng is going to setttle down, because although Syria was advised not to respond by Saudi to the intial strikes , if they get poked too often I fear they will respond. Not necessarily the Syrian Government but the pro Palestinian groups will. In that respect will Russia come into the arena again,if it gets too bad and will Lebanon be backed by Iran ?

To be honest, I believe Netanyahu has been itching for confrontation with Iran for long enough, and in the hope that US and Western allies will fall into line. At the moment there seems to be no interest, but what goes on behind closed doors is very different .

Gaza needs to stop abruptly, before anything escalates further, negotiate the release of captives and prisoners, and hopefully move forward to something that will be acceptable to all parties.

I do wonder if Netanyahu is going doodle ally, and three different advisors and IDF generals (or whatever they are) gave three differnt versions of the terrible shooting on those following tha aid trucks the other night. One said (Mark Regev ) that there was no Army on the ground) Well that was a lie becasue their tanks clearly showed up on the imagary.

Two stories to every side, but the children and the women are being crucified when the men sleep in seperate places so that the women ,children and aged can stay together. That is quite normal within the Musim faith, and the men would not be allowed to be in the same room as numerous women and children. Next thing those places of refuge get bombed..... and apparently Israel is using AI to pinpoint the infrastructure and buildings. So they know what they do

Blimey, I've said too much.... sorry, I'll pipe down now.

Last edited by granny; 5th Mar 2024 10:04pm.

~Chief Seattle
diggingdeeper #1085044 5th Mar 2024 10:29pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

~Chief Seattle
casper #1085045 6th Mar 2024 3:53am
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
you say Palastine was an area of peace but since it came under the control of Hamas this no longer applies,

Hamas is very recent, I was stating that Israel intentionally created additional instability by funding the creation of Hamas, it was a divide and conquer strategy that failed badly, not dissimilar to the USA strategy of funding and creating the Mujahideen which backfired and resulted in Al-Qaeda. Pouring money into rebel organisations rarely becomes fruitful in the long term, a very recent example being Russia and the Wagner Group.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
italian furniture
leather sofa set
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
News : New Topics
italian furniture
leather sofa set
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
Popular Topics(Views)
5,072,021 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,018,708 Spotted!