Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,027 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Good point Casper .I totaly agree with you on that one.

Our kids lifes matter.

Google Ads
mikeeb Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
This is from a Guardian article from Joseph Harker.
"If I hear one more white person say “Black Lives Matter” I think my head will explode. The slogan, powerful when first popularised by black people after the shooting of Trayvon Martin in 2012 in the US, has now become so ubiquitous as to have lost almost all meaning. A way for people to endlessly repeat “I hate racism” while doing nothing to actually stop it.

White people, I assume you don’t like the idea of other people being treated as inferior just because of the colour of their skin. But that’s such a basic sentiment that you shouldn’t be giving yourself a buzz from saying it."

It is statements like this which is why I wouldn't get involved because a lot of people will just say, you are white, you don't know what it is like. He says "A way for people to endlessly repeat “I hate racism” while doing nothing to actually stop it"
Well what the f**k is this that they are doing? If it is nothing, I'd hate to see what doing something looks like.
I suspect the tensions will hit boiling point and explode.

Here is the full article.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/11/black-lives-matter-racism-bristol-colston

Granny, the slave museum is free. How do they make money?

Last edited by mikeeb; 11th Jun 2020 12:27pm.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

My point is as bizarre as any other for removing statues and monuments and yes, it is free, as most museums are now. But the tourist industry promotes it and it is used as a tool to bring visitors into Liverpool, where the council benefits financially.

Another bizarre point is the removal of Baden Powells' statue because his mother was Henrietta Grace, daughter of Admiral William Henry Smyth whose earliest known Smyth ancestor was a Royalist American colonist . FFS !!

Let's get rid of Victoria's statues because she had an Indian servant, and Queen Elizabeth's statues, because she is head of the Commonwealth countries. It goes on and needs to be stopped in it's tracks .

Let's see what happens this weekend,, I'm sure ' Britain First' or others will be making plans.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Allready starting to get groups trying to stop it getting took down . The world going backwards instead of forwards...Different times , it seems they want to erase all of history.

Attached Images
IMG_1152.JPG
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Good on them, Cools, although I doubt they could manage an onslaught of opposition, but well done to them anyway .

Changes afoot, . Nigel Farage been exited from LBC today. So it looks like I said, that we will be gagged and silenced. I'm not saying he was always right, but he did bring issues to the public domain and without his contributions we would have been none the wiser, because MSM seldom report on such things these days , and BBC are happy to remove Matt Lucas for offensive material to the black community .

Personally, I have not any issues with colour, race or creed but I do have issues when the country is turned upside down due to one man being murdered in USA.
It's all beginning to feel a bit one sided and unnecessary .

Has it been organised by outsiders ? I would say a big fat YES.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
I heard Nigel commenting on LBC and he was saying that BLM originates from an organisation intent in bringing down the police force and authorities. Can't remember all the conversation but he was slammed for saying that , then he said something on Good Morning Britain whilst being interviewed by Peirs Morgan who jumped on it and wouldn't let Nigel get a word in blowing the comment up. I used to like Peirs but am going off him. It's crazy times we living in now, I can see a lot of trouble brewing up between white and black groups ,as I say we going backwards ,beam me up Scotty!

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by cools
I heard Nigel commenting on LBC and he was saying that BLM originates from an organisation intent in bringing down the police force and authorities. Can't remember all the conversation but he was slammed for saying that , then he said something on Good Morning Britain whilst being interviewed by Peirs Morgan who jumped on it and wouldn't let Nigel get a word in blowing the comment up. I used to like Peirs but am going off him. It's crazy times we living in now, I can see a lot of trouble brewing up between white and black groups ,as I say we going backwards ,beam me up Scotty!

I think its fair to say that this is creating more problems than it solves, people are actually being divided into groups, we have one group demanding that we remove certain figures from history because they were involved in the slave trade, I was brought up in the time of casual racism, derogatory words for blacks or other ethnics were part of everyday life, some comedians made a living with racist jokes, that's how things were at the time, but things have progressed, but now we are being made to feel guilty because of times gone by, as granny said which statue next? the more extreme the further apart people become, not because of race or colour because of the fear of violence and intimidation and the lack of intervention by the police, the police should be seen as upholders of the law and not kneeling down or standing back to pacify a crowd or be" politically correct".

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I don't watch Piers much at all and don't particularly like him but whether he is right or wrong on things, at least we a have a journalist that is prepared to openly challenge.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Master
Forum Master
That's why I like him DD and he makes me laugh but lately he seems to have gone really bad and uses up time by just concentrating on one point like a dog with a bone and doesn't really give the person a chance to reply. Nigel Farage said to him quote" and you wonder why no one will come on your show Piers" unquote.

Forum Master
Forum Master
So ridiculous all this about statues and things, Penny Lane street name blacked out and calls for bins to be placed so you can throw any copies of Beatles song Penny Lane in apparently.. Statue of Black Actor , poet and playwright Alfred Fagan damaged with bleach like substance. It's got to be stopped put plaques on if need be telling more about person but leave the statues be and things be.

Attached Images
IMG_1155.JPG
Forum Master
Forum Master
Alfred Fagon statue damaged, black actor.

Attached Images
IMG_1156.JPG
mikeeb Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
There are calls to ban Gavin and Stacey now ffs. When will it end? Because this is just getting out of hand.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
This is absolutely nothing to do with slavery, if it was they would be trying to promote the history of slavery, not hide it.

This is nothing to do with racism because if it was they would be fighting abuse and crime not encouraging it.

It is a mixture of general civil unrest, the usual thugs jumping on the bandwagon and a number of politicians trying to prove how short sighted they are.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
This is absolutely nothing to do with slavery, if it was they would be trying to promote the history of slavery, not hide it.

This is nothing to do with racism because if it was they would be fighting abuse and crime not encouraging it.

It is a mixture of general civil unrest, the usual thugs jumping on the bandwagon and a number of politicians trying to prove how short sighted they are.

Maybe they should take their side show, to some of the African nations where children are starving and their is a lack of basic facilities, and their governments look after themselves first, we have inequality here, but it doesn't just apply to blacks or ethnics, so we are equal in that respect, racism is wrong we know that and understand, but this is causing more divisions, students that want to demonstrate against anything, yet understand nothing, the middle class who want to be part of the scene and the rabble rouser's who have their own agenda, and finally the right wing thug's to add to the mix = civil unrest, to carry on will gain nothing only maybe to spread a virus that is draining the country both in lives and money.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Maybe they should take their side show, to some of the African nations where children are starving and their is a lack of basic facilities, and their governments look after themselves first, we have inequality here, but it doesn't just apply to blacks or ethnics, so we are equal in that respect, racism is wrong we know that and understand, but this is causing more divisions, students that want to demonstrate against anything, yet understand nothing, the middle class who want to be part of the scene and the rabble rouser's who have their own agenda, and finally the right wing thug's to add to the mix = civil unrest, to carry on will gain nothing only maybe to spread a virus that is draining the country both in lives and money.

Agreed, Casper . Bored people in lockdown wanting any excuse to escape their 4 walls. They seem to have forgotten that their ancestors are still suffering in different countries , worldwide. Still subjected to horrific violence and slavery, murder , starvation and war . They might not all be black , but certainly BAME populations . I hate categorising people into groups, but they do it to themselves in an attempt to be the victims of an overall fairly equal democracy in this country with access to all civil liberties, education, medicines but clearly doing the wrong thing in society is expected to be excused . Will this stop them carry knives, guns and drugs ? No, because that is in all of society , but maybe black communities should be made exempt from being subjected to arrest or even questioning ? Is that the answer ?
The black woman yesterday who kicked off because police asked her where she lived. Well, I saw the original footage and she was downright rude ,argumentative and lacking the ability to allow the police officers to explain the situation to them, which was connected to another investigation in the same street as hers . But the media portrayed her as the victim, because it's media who rattle the cages.

But with your post above , I am trying to understand your rejection to Yemenis and the suffering they have been subjected to, when I posted a letter written to the Western world about their situation from a lady from Yemen, on the advent of Covid 19 and lockdown. about their situation . Your response was anything but sympathetic for humanity !

~Chief Seattle
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am