WikiWirral Share a Little Learn a Lot about your Wirral
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
2 members (1 invisible), 62,025 guests, and 627 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
Mark 1
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,390
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,390
I am in New Brighton and haven't had the Globe for years. I did take it up with them at the time and asked did they actually tell their advertisers that large chunks of the Wirral didn't receive the paper - their reply was 'fluffy', ie advertisers should ask about circulation!

I am of an age now where hatching, matching and despatching notices are of interest and they are rarely in both the Globe and Wirral News.

Google Ads
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 430
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 430
Damn it! Thats me having to buy litter tray liners again for the cats.... smile

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,389
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,389
I stopped getting the Globe when I lived in Tranmere only got the wirral news,now I live on Dacre hill I only get the Globe.


no1s gonna keep me from u
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 185
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Originally Posted by daveybm
Some newsagents sell the Wirral Globe for its cover price of 40p, this has been going on for some months and by stopping free deliveries of it Wirral Globe are hoping to make a large profit for something which is 90% adverts.

Dave
The company behind the Wirral Globe hoping to make a large profit? Ooooh, how DARE they!
Come on people it's (was) delivered for FREE only as long as they could get advertisers to take out ads that work for the delivery area(s). Simple as that.
There is no such thing as entitlement to receive anything FREE, from ANYONE. Get over it!!


The point I was making was that it is still available if you don't get it delivered, or if you don't have access to the internet.Every company has to make a profit, I still get mine delivered free but I would not pay the asking price if I had to buy it.

Dave

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 147
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 147
I live between the parks in Tranmere, my mum lives across the park towards bedford drive. she gets the globe and I dont. when I emailed them about it two years ago they told me that it wasnt viable to deliver to my address !!!
They lost some revenue because I was contemplating taking out a regular advert in it for a local business for the area. what would be the point if it didnt reach the people I wanted it to go to

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 505
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 505
Originally Posted by Capt_America
When the Wirral News stopped delivering on the Leasowe years ago (20?) I rang up and asked why. A rather officious young lady said, and I quote verbatim, " it's because we are a selling paper and you are a deprived area".

Yeah, your area's deprived of the Wirral News! raftl And same here by the way! (Wallasey/Egremont)

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 23
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 23
I'm in Moreton and in our road we haven't had the Wallasey/Wirral News for over 2 years. When I eventually managed to speak to someone in Distribution about it, I was told that they didn't produce enough papers to cover all roads - and ours was one that they didn't deliver to. Yet they are available for sale in local shops.
At least the Globe had the decency to warn you.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 17
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 17
We haven't had a local paper in years, don't get it in work neither. only time i get to read is when i go the chippy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Posts: 2,371
Joined: April 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,908,968 CW Chat room thread
6,018,842 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,725,382 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5