WikiWirral values you and your opinion.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
3 members (2 invisible), 46,418 guests, and 708 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 … 7 8 9 10
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,600
Wiki Addict
Offline
Wiki Addict
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,600
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
Originally Posted by mindplayer
It seems to me that success is seen in all different lights. I am sure would all love to be rich and powerful(rich people normally are). But other things prevail. Families, education and abstract things that makes us happy.

The only thing I regret is not being able to get to Wirral when my mum and dad died. I came to Aus when I was 20 and I believe I have done well, although along the way it hardly seemed like it. I am 63 now and have 3 beautiful children and 4 + 1 on the way magnificent grandchildren. My second wife(first one died) is my best friend, I have a good job and hope to save enough for a comfortable retirement. When I was younger I used to believe in this love stuff, but it is not true. It all comes down to friendship, trust, respect and affection. Love stuff is all superficial and when that fades so does the relationship, look at all the beautiful people who get divorced and can't live together yet they say they love each other. Anyway rant over "Go to it youngun's"


Couldn't have said it better myself, the friendship and trust part is spot on.
yes thats true, hard to come by thease days,some nasty ones going about i know wink

Last edited by Tombraider; 13th Jan 2012 2:41pm.
Google Ads
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
A bit late now but I wish I'd been more ambitious instead of being happy with my lot and getting into narks with my bosses, which cost me lots of promotion. Job wise I was at the top end of the skill set. I did have a good time though and I don't really regret that I suppose. It certainly don't do any good getting morose over what might have been, what's done is done. Any young ones out there though, my advice is to go for it and be the best you can. I know you won't bother though, I didn't.


Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
You never know Bandy some might listen because it`s soumd advice your giving

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,222
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,222
Same here Bandycoot
Things were too easy job wise in our day, you could walk out of one job and into another. I don't think they have much choice nowadays, it's a case of get what you can if you can just to have a few bob in your pocket.

Last edited by derekdwc; 13th Jan 2012 3:17pm.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Soft arse that I was I more or less stayed in the same sort of job but was just more interested in enjoying myself than taking myself too seriously. The longest I was out of work was 11 months after redundancy at Vauxhalls, sheer misery but it worked out in the end. After that I more or less went back to my old trade.


Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Soft arse that I was I more or less stayed in the same sort of job but was just more interested in enjoying myself than taking myself too seriously. The longest I was out of work was 11 months after redundancy at Vauxhalls, sheer misery but it worked out in the end. After that I more or less went back to my old trade.
Hey Bandy at least you had a trade and who know`s what it be like now .no one will ever answer that .I believe our paths are there set in stone /meant to be as you said you have been happy your still and can`t complain eh smile

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
Found the true answer. This, is what I would have done and will definitely do, if there is a next time around. Blow what people think eh!
It's brilliant.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Rt9hLUIAAB4

Last edited by granny; 28th Mar 2012 4:30pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
I love that could watch it all day

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
Because I have had a couple of glasses of wine, I have now changed direction and have decided that I would love to have, at some point, been able to become part of a tribe. A friendly tribe like the Maasai people . No computers, no telephones, no council, tax no energy bills. Apart from that, I feel that although a hard life, of which they would have known no difference, they must have a wonderful spirit and be so in tune with wildlife and the earth,I can't think of anything more rewarding.
Yes, you can call me mad, thst's ok.


Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 345
Old Hand
Offline
Old Hand
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 345
never too late Granny, you dont need wine to change direction xx

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 247
Addict
Offline
Addict
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 247
As long as its not 1 direction. You can go any direction you want... smile

And Hello Granny!


Inveniam viam aut faciam
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
What about you two? No dreams ,no ambitions, no change of direction? You must have. I'm fed up ,thoroughly fed up, because all you young people have the world at your finger tips and instead of watching Xfactor and Get me Out of Here, you must have dreams. Dreams of wonderment and fullfilment.
I am cross eyed right now, must continue tomorrow.
God Bless. goodnight I love you all. x x x x x x x x


Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 345
Old Hand
Offline
Old Hand
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 345
Originally Posted by granny
What about you two? No dreams ,no ambitions, no change of direction? You must have. I'm fed up ,thoroughly fed up, because all you young people have the world at your finger tips and instead of watching Xfactor and Get me Out of Here, you must have dreams. Dreams of wonderment and fullfilment.
I am cross eyed right now, must continue tomorrow.
God Bless. goodnight I love you all. x x x x x x x x
that is so nice Granny xx

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 247
Addict
Offline
Addict
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 247
Hi Granny, I am lucky I have a job which allows me to travel and deal with people from all around the world everyday. Growing up I never thought I would do what I do now. But who does. I wanted to be a archeologist.

I very rarely watch realty TV but I do know what you are talking about.

Concerning a change of direction, I think I need to continue on my current route in order to find the right turn off for me... If that makes sense.


Inveniam viam aut faciam
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Henderson13
Hi Granny, I am lucky I have a job which allows me to travel and deal with people from all around the world everyday. Growing up I never thought I would do what I do now. But who does. I wanted to be a archeologist.

I very rarely watch realty TV but I do know what you are talking about.

Concerning a change of direction, I think I need to continue on my current route in order to find the right turn off for me... If that makes sense.
SO much sense. Please God you find your nemesis. My life has been wonderful. Ups and downs,travelling, all experience and right now I feel as if it is not time for me to stop. Hard to know where to go next, but young people should grasp every opportunity they are able to cope with and just go for it! Somany wonders on this earth to enjoy and experience. Oh Lord, too much wine, but it's right fromhe heart.


Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Page 9 of 10 1 2 … 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Posts: 2,371
Joined: April 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,908,521 CW Chat room thread
6,018,337 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,725,141 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5