WikiWirral Share a Little Learn a Lot about your Wirral
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,386
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
6 members (2 invisible), 24,793 guests, and 638 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
consho #575059 5th Sep 2011 10:41am
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 339
Old Hand
Offline
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 339
Originally Posted by consho


never seen an website owner advertising on a forum so much and getting away with it.

Google Ads
The_Monk #575068 5th Sep 2011 10:47am
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
I wish!!!!!!

Monk..it seems to be the only reasoned coverage so far that's why I quoted it..also it is the only local form of media which has criticised the crap which some people are putting not only on this forum but on social websites such as facebook

consho #575079 5th Sep 2011 10:57am
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by consho
The Merseymagazine article appears to be the more up to date would you agree?


I posted the link I posted as you were posting yours. It wasn't there when I hit reply.

Also, I don't particularly trust Mersey Mag.

#575086 5th Sep 2011 11:11am
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
fair comment Nobody

I agree it does not seem to cover as much news as the other sites but I have so far at least found it to be fairly up to date and accurate. I must admit though I hadn't even heard of it until fairly recently so I don't know how long it has been going..in some cases, particularly with some of the personal sympathy messages during the last week it comes across more as a blog than a newspaper does..however, each to his own

loobyloo #575096 5th Sep 2011 11:28am
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
That's the problem, you don't know who is behind it and you don't know where they get their 'news' - anyone can set a website like that up.

I would always wait until I saw it in the likes of Globe/Wirral News/Daily Post etc.

loobyloo #575129 5th Sep 2011 11:57am
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
Nobody...just been looking at the current items on merseymagazine..they are claiming 600,000 hits last month

if that is true, and one must suppose it must be checkable, that is some number of hits to get..it must be popular to get that

just on a personal note..I went to the Mathew Street Festival this year and they have a cracking piece on there at the moment about it

loobyloo #575139 5th Sep 2011 12:10pm
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,579
Likes: 39
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,579
Likes: 39
Isn't it a college/university project tied in with a media course.


There's a real danger that the left will drag Britain back to the 1970s, with secure well-paid jobs, ample housing, properly-funded NHS and social care, free tuition, student grants, final salary pensions, affordable rail fares and fabulous films and music. David Osland 2025

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
loobyloo #575178 5th Sep 2011 1:23pm
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 239
Addict
Offline
Addict
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 239
wow consho I must have dreamt about you!! I honestly had it in my head that I had read on here that you were the editor of merseymagazine!

jenscho #575195 5th Sep 2011 1:44pm
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
chance would be a fine thing !!!!!

loobyloo #575537 5th Sep 2011 6:14pm
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 21,270
Likes: 6
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 21,270
Likes: 6
Running thread Click me

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Posts: 2,371
Joined: April 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,528 CW Chat room thread
6,016,889 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,278 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5