WikiWirral values you and your opinion.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,386
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 24,866 guests, and 634 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
I just play along for a minute or two and then give the phone to my 2 year old son to play with !

Google Ads
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 4
Beginner
Offline
Beginner
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 4
Two Good little tips off my dear old grandad - say yes I will just get him/her for you now and just leave the telephone on the side or number 2 just tell them to f**k off but I recommend the first option but two sometimes works lol

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,024
Forum Guide
Offline
Forum Guide
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,024
If you know you don't have any calls you know about, I play the sorry I don't understand you game, can you speak clearly,no didn't get that,sorry try again,no am sorry but I just can't hear you properly can you speak up,no didn't get that, I just carry on until they give up, they usually give up, I presume they get paid by results and a deaf idiot is a zero result, it works for me.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,868
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,868
Originally Posted by davew3
If you know you don't have any calls you know about, I play the sorry I don't understand you game, can you speak clearly,no didn't get that,sorry try again,no am sorry but I just can't hear you properly can you speak up,no didn't get that, I just carry on until they give up, they usually give up, I presume they get paid by results and a deaf idiot is a zero result, it works for me.


LOL. I play that game too.


Carpe diem.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
On a sidenote, Santander announced last week that are moving out of India soon, back to UK call-centres, they are sick of the complaints they are recieving from customers who simply can't understand what the CS reps are saying, thanks to their Indian accent.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 58
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 58
I don't mind the accent, what I find is that the training doesn't seem to be up to par in comparison to UK representatives especially regarding ISP tech support issues. They seem to be unable to think for themselves to take ownership of a problem and merely work from a script. Even when you tell them yes I have power cycled my modem, tried a direct ethernet connection without my router, rebooted everything etc and I'm somewhat of an expert in IT and networking they still insist on going through those stages again.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,844
Likes: 33
Wiki Veteran
Offline
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,844
Likes: 33
Regional accents can be just as bad, i had terrible trouble trying to understand a Geordie lad on the phone not long ago and i wanted to talk to him, i daresay he had problems with me, so its not only asian accents we have problems with, depending where these call centres are set up and how thick an accent is when recruiting someone, if i was recruiting here, I'm bound to understand the person I'm giving the job too, the problem is will people from other regions. I think all call centres should employ people with a northern Irish accent, i never fail to understand them.


God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.


Bertieone.
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,355
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,355
I have a few Virgin Financial accounts (Mastercard, Visa etc) because they are prepay and so avoid overspend - especially for holidays, and by Jnr who is semi-resident in the USA but still funded from here.

I have to say that every time I have needed to contact Virgin Finance Customer Services eg when Jnr loses his card or the like - they have been ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Nice real-English speakers who seriously go out of their way to help. A total contrast to HSBC!!

Snod


5 Precepts of Buddhism seem appropriate. Refrain from taking life. Refrain from taking that which is not given. Refrain from misconduct. Refrain from lying. Refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
My worst one was with the Tax Credit people in Preston, the bloke had an impenetrable African accent and in the end I gave up. Got the forms last week telling my that my Tax Credit was £0, remains at £0 and my withdrawal from the system is noted. The funny thing is that you are supposed to go through a stiff examination board to get in the Civil Service so how the heck this bloke got through I don't know. The mind boggles.


Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 991
Guardian
Offline
Guardian
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 991
i just want an indian to phone me up now so i can have some fun haha

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
How!


Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,844
Likes: 33
Wiki Veteran
Offline
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,844
Likes: 33
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony
i just want an indian to phone me up now so i can have some fun haha


Send me your number, i do a good impression of Geronimo.


God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.


Bertieone.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
Quote
I don't mind the accent, what I find is that the training doesn't seem to be up to par in comparison to UK representatives especially regarding ISP tech support issues. They seem to be unable to think for themselves to take ownership of a problem and merely work from a script. Even when you tell them yes I have power cycled my modem, tried a direct ethernet connection without my router, rebooted everything etc and I'm somewhat of an expert in IT and networking they still insist on going through those stages again.

Sounds like you need to change ISP. o2 have 24/7 staff (freephone as well, from landline and mobile), and as they always bragg about it, all reps are based in UK call centres, and all seem to be somewhat "geeky". They offer their own technical support service, for general computer problems etc, think its £7.50 per month, and its the same staff that do the Broadband queries, hence the reason they are trained properly and knowledgable.

Ive phoned up a few times, and had chats with them about geeky crap, during and after the problem resolution process. Found them to be very good their job - and British lol. In addition, they don't take offence, unlike many call-centres, when you tell them you are an IT professional, and have done pretty much all you can at your end to resolve the problem (ie. they don't start telling you to reboot the router, despite the fact you've informed them that you've already done it lol).

Originally Posted by Snodvan
I have a few Virgin Financial accounts (Mastercard, Visa etc) because they are prepay and so avoid overspend - especially for holidays, and by Jnr who is semi-resident in the USA but still funded from here.

I have to say that every time I have needed to contact Virgin Finance Customer Services eg when Jnr loses his card or the like - they have been ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Nice real-English speakers who seriously go out of their way to help. A total contrast to HSBC!!

Snod

Strange, the only time ive ever got a non-British rep from HSBC, is in the dark hours (usually American too, sometimes Indian).

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 441
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 441
We've had similar nonsense calls 3 tmes this week (and we're in the TPS) the bloke keeps claiming that "from his records he can see that I've got spyware on my PC" how on earth would he know that?

Told him I was in TPS so he shouldn't be calling me and that his records were lies as he couldn't possibly know what was on my computer!

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,456
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,456
Originally Posted by AR_One
We've had similar nonsense calls 3 tmes this week (and we're in the TPS) the bloke keeps claiming that "from his records he can see that I've got spyware on my PC" how on earth would he know that?

Told him I was in TPS so he shouldn't be calling me and that his records were lies as he couldn't possibly know what was on my computer!


I have had this from an Indian woman. Bloody curry munchers!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Posts: 2,371
Joined: April 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,517 CW Chat room thread
6,016,887 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,273 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5