Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
3 members (1 invisible), 27,811 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,973
Forum Guardian
Offline
Forum Guardian
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,973
cheers girls.


Every dog has its day!
Google Ads
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Great pics, and I'm sorry I couldn't be there.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
The inside of St Oswalds church is very very similiar to St Hilarys in W. Village-almost like a scale Model! (St Oswalds is much smaller)
Last year, when we did this walk, Softy, Sue and I were interested in one particular grave inscription-a 'resident' at Leasowe Castle (see first Bidston Walk thread).
We learnt today that Leasowe Castle occupants were 'connected' to St Oswalds.
I wonder why? Why here and not the 'grander' St Hilarys???
Also, is it co-incidental that the two churches are very similiar?

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 601
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 601
Sorry, I never turned up! I was working last night. So I was extremely tires this morning, I would of text but I had noones mobile number of who was going!
Sorry again! Looks lovely :-)


Sticks & stones.
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,973
Forum Guardian
Offline
Forum Guardian
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,973
Interesting i will go and have a gander at other thread,thanks


Every dog has its day!
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Originally Posted by lalaland
Sorry, I never turned up! I was working last night. So I was extremely tires this morning, I would of text but I had noones mobile number of who was going!
Sorry again! Looks lovely :-)
I'll pm you my number, sausage x

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 601
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 601
Thank you smile x


Sticks & stones.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by Mark




nice of that chap to show us the sad grave stone.
Can any one remember the year this lady died?


I was 'that chap' - I'll note the date next time I'm up there....

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,487
Likes: 1
Green Meanie
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Green Meanie
Wiki Master
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,487
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by ThatChap
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by Mark




nice of that chap to show us the sad grave stone.
Can any one remember the year this lady died?


I was 'that chap' - I'll note the date next time I'm up there....
big thankyou that chap nice one smile
ment to ask you about the tower and the prest hole frown


[Linked Image] Please do not adjust your mind, there is a slight problem with reality
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
Originally Posted by ThatChap
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
[quote=Mark]



nice of that chap to show us the sad grave stone.
Can any one remember the year this lady died?


I was 'that chap' - I'll note the date next time I'm up there....
big thankyou that chap nice one smile
ment to ask you about the tower and the prest hole frown [/quote]
Ask away and I'll try and get an answer :-)

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
thumbsup ThatChap and welcome to Wiki

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
thumbsup ThatChap and welcome to Wiki

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
thumbsup ThatChap and welcome to Wiki


Thanks..... smile

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
If the grave that you're interested in is the obelisk near the tower door I'm pretty sure it was for someone named Mrs.Clark who died aged 21, and the inscription says "Nineteen years a maid, two years a wife, nine days a mother, and then departed life".

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
i think that we are on the same page geekus.
do you know anymore about her?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
Beaty59
Beaty59
Port Sunlight
Posts: 237
Joined: May 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,248 CW Chat room thread
6,016,738 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,100 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5