WikiWirral Wirral's Biggest Online Forum
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 38,954 guests, and 712 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
willo
Unregistered
willo
Unregistered
W
0151-609-1118



Last edited by Mark; 10th May 2011 8:22am.
Google Ads
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 102
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 102
Nice 1 willo

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
Cheers, I did opt out of having it recovered, the police said I can have it recovered if they find it, and pay the price, but as my insurance wouldn't cover it they would charge me a fortune, or they can contact me to recover it, so I opted to have it recovered by me. But I will still give them a call anyway, thanks for that.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,444
Sorry to hear about that Sally, hope things sort out for you. 3 pinched last week in the Claughton Rd area I believe, couldn't start 'em up so torched them to destroy DNA. Still got prints off one that didn't get burnt properly so scrotes are under investigation if buzz is to be believed.


Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 136
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 136
Same happened to us cost us £150 for the pleasure of signing it over to be scrapped, we've learnt the hard way to be very careful with insurance now frown

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
Well I called RNW, they laughed at me, but at least I know they don't have it. Have been out for a scout around, no sign of it. Tried to talk to insurance, even if just to cancel the policy, only took it out 2 weeks ago, thought I might get a refund? Not as simple as that apparently. Still have to pay an excess to claim, even though I am not claiming for anything, doesn't make any sense. I took a number and said I would call later once I had read through everything.

Think I am going to miss my helmet mostly, I loved it so much, trying to find a pic in case anyone gets offered one.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
[Linked Image]

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 887
Wise One
Offline
Wise One
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 887
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Well I called RNW, they laughed at me, but at least I know they don't have it. Have been out for a scout around, no sign of it. Tried to talk to insurance, even if just to cancel the policy, only took it out 2 weeks ago, thought I might get a refund? Not as simple as that apparently. Still have to pay an excess to claim, even though I am not claiming for anything, doesn't make any sense. I took a number and said I would call later once I had read through everything.

Think I am going to miss my helmet mostly, I loved it so much, trying to find a pic in case anyone gets offered one.


Don't pay anything until you have spoken to someone who knows insurance. How can they charge an excess if you are not claiming? Tell them to do one.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,579
Likes: 39
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,579
Likes: 39
Most insurances have a cooling off period of 14 days if you buy them remotely - if you don't make a claim you get a minimal charge for cover to date. After then you are often into major admin and cancellation fees these days - which by coincidence sometimes end up as the same as the remainder of the policy cost grrrr!

Sorry for your plight Sallybear, you've got my number if you get stuck for transport sometime or want to drive around on a search.


There's a real danger that the left will drag Britain back to the 1970s, with secure well-paid jobs, ample housing, properly-funded NHS and social care, free tuition, student grants, final salary pensions, affordable rail fares and fabulous films and music. David Osland 2025

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 587
Cheers DD, will give you a call if I need you. Frustration has gone a little today. Feeling more positive.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
Beaty59
Beaty59
Port Sunlight
Posts: 237
Joined: May 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,908,188 CW Chat room thread
6,018,023 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,984 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5