WikiWirral values you and your opinion.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
4 members (2 invisible), 20,622 guests, and 665 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
I'll echo everything that Kenny James has written. I,along with Kenny was the original DJ at the Fishermans Wharf from day 1 until it closed and I'm afraid that many of the views recorded here are wildly inaccurate.We also both worked at La Banque on King Street,another very busy pub in what was then a very busy area pubwise...The P A, The Five Bars,The Dale (long demolished) The Vanser,The Float,The Bee and quite a few others were all busy several nights a week.
Just like Kenny I would be happy to give a true representation of "The Wharf" to anybody who has a genuine interest.You might be interested to know that a Fishermans Wharf reunion has been suggested and the initial response has been tremendous. Watch this space!

Google Ads
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Beginner
Offline
Beginner
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3
I agree with the DJ's (who I remember)....The Wharf was a great place, we had some great nights in there. We'd all start off in La Banque and when that closed we'd head down the Wharf.. I'd like to thank Terry for my first taped album of The Body Guard which I won in La Banque on quiz night..

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Hi Ken Im desperately searching for photos of Fishermans Wharf, can you help? I met my (now) husband there on 4th August 1992, so its our 20th anniversary this year and Im planning a suprise party. I have CDs from 1992, so thats music sorted, but cant find photos anywhere. I am suprised at the rather unflattering things people are saying about it, as although I only went a few times, I remember it very fondly. It was a very hot summer in 1992, and Fishermans had a lovely view across the River, especially when the Tall Ships were there that year. Ah happy days. Anyway, if you can help that would be great? Kind regards, Janet Wilkinson

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Hi Terry. I met my husband at Fishermans Wharf on 4th August 1992, so have very fond memories of there. As you say, it was a great place, so I dont understand all the unkind comments. If you have any photographs of Fishermans, could you let me know please? I cant seem to find any anywhere. Did the reunion ever take place? If not, is there anything planned yet, if so we could be intersted? Many thanks.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
_Ste_
_Ste_
Skid Row
Posts: 16,348
Joined: August 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,905,615 CW Chat room thread
6,015,887 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,723,435 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5