Tramway into quarry, this tramway was used between 1815 and 1865, closing just after the cemetery opened. It was the first tramway in Birkenhead and went to Wallasey Pool.
Bottom road is Upton Road, Tollemache Road to the right.
Birkenhead Cemetery has arrived (opened 1864).
Three Mortuary Chapels - C of E (not named), Dissenters and Roman Catholic.
Just to the east of the RC Chapel there is a quarry cutting which will have been the route of the tramway into the quarry.Flaybrick
Quarry is on both sides of Tollemache Road.
Bidston Avenue is called Bailey Street.
The Dissenters Mortuary Chapel is now called non-conformist.
C of E Chapel is named C of E.Flaybrick
Quarry is named west of Tollemache Road, Quarry to east is unamed.
Hospital for Infectious Disease has arrived, occupying the ground to the north of the quarry.
The west quarry seems to have closed and the east quarry is now called Flaybrick
Cemetery has grown to the south edge of the quarry.
The hospital has expanded southwards, covering the West quarry.
Bailey Street has been renamed to Bidston Avenue.
The newer part of the Hospital has been knocked down and rebuilt.
The Hospital is now called an Isolation Hospital.
The Corporation Yard has been created.
The tramway cutting has started to be filled in.
The Crossways Estate has been built.
The east quarry has closed and is converted in a childrens playground and recreation ground.
The hospital has its own mortuary.
Nothing has changed since 1938!
Hospital is now called St James' Hospital for Tuberculosis and Isolation.
The tramway cutting has been filled in and a small structure built against the wall within the cemetery.
Hospital has more buildings.
The cemetery is now called Flaybrick
The chapels are no longer called mortuary chapels.
The tramway cutting has been levelled off.
The hospital mortuary is no longer mentioned.
1972 - Aerial
The structure on the tramway cutting appears to be getting grown over.
The hospital (except lodge) has gone and is now a housing estate.
The corporation yard has moved and the old one built on.
Roman Catholic Chapel has been demolished.
Hospital lodge is demolished.
The last house on Naylor Road has been demolished.