Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 48,584 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 … 12 13 14 15 16 … 20 21
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
I know earning money is your primary objective but voluntèering somewhere even 2-3 hrs a week will give you something to put on your c.v and you'll also have a chance to prove yourself and get a good reference. Good luck mate

Google Ads
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 406
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 406
Have you tried Wirral Autistic Society? they are always taking bank staff
for different locations across the Wirral. You can work when it suits you. Might be worth a try?




Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
What type job roles?

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,346
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,346
My brother worked for them years ago, he started off in various nursing homes just doing night security, then went onto care work. Some have places just as maintenance positions others are just helping out!!


IF IT HAS A HOSE THEN IM YOUR MAN

BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
Originally Posted by ghostly1
Have you tried Wirral Autistic Society? they are always taking bank staff
for different locations across the Wirral. You can work when it suits you. Might be worth a try?


Do you work for WAS ghostly?? think


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,348
Likes: 1
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,348
Likes: 1
Red driving school have a bad reputation from what i`ve heard.


[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 108
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 108
well I was let go last week, an absolutely gut wrenching experience, I can't eat, sleep.... its just horrible... and at the same time I'm trying to get as many CV's and applications done as possible... but not really having any luck... spoke to a mate who works at a retailer in rock ferry, who said that for 4 jobs that went, they had over 1000 applicants... and a recruitment agency said they have 200 people for each job advertised.....

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
All these peeps looking for work and here's me wanting to sell a considerable part of my business and have a 3 year holiday!! Don't be a slave to the state!!

laugh

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 29
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 29
what do you do matt a read your my space and your job sounds great can you show me how to do this

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
As little as possible, usually its a case of 4 hours per month making sure clients are paying, and another 4 - 8 hours dealing with customer support requests (I myself mainly cover email support, but am involved in a race with my techs to get to tickets first).

Last month was hard though, was doing 22 hours days for about two weeks, literally 1 - 2 hours sleep a day. All back to normal now though.

In general, when things are going good, its the best job in the world, I spend half my time on days out etc enjoying myself, theme parks etc. But its a horrible job at times, in the fact that it can eat up all your time as well, though thats a very rare occurence, it does happen from time to time.

The only thing I really am starting to hate about it, is as im getting older, im starting to want a 9-5 job - not for the hours etc, but mainly so when I finish work, i finish work till the next day etc. At present, im on call 24/7, wherever I am in the UK, I have a "pocket laptop" in my pocket and ready to go to fix problems, and am alerted by both SMS and email to anything and everything that goes on with the business, so there is literally no chance of actually getting away from it.

Also, I dont like to go abroad because the last two times I have done, my chief technician has had issues with authorization for potentially financial requests from one of the data centres, despite prior-notification and authorization being granted to them by myself. Basically, I like to keep my watchful eye over everything, even if I don't deal with everything myself.

I could teach you how to do it, but it'd take me years, ive been in the industry for over 7 years now running the biz, and I still don't know anywhere near everything lol.

Im getting too old for it, so I may as well sell-up and have a 3 year holiday, take life easy and not a care in the world, for 3 years. And if the cat dies anytime soon, maybe travel the world lol. She'll outlive me though!!

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 145
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 145
Also looking for a Job

Would happily volunteer at a Garage (fixing cars) to try get a job i am able to work on and fix cars

Would work pretty much doing anythin but mechanic would be prefered
Please Pm any details

Thanks
Mark

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Likes: 1
I might be getting demoted to acting general manager over the next 6 months, so maybe no 3 year holiday! A nice job to walk into, but if what im hearing is correct, there may be other opportunities for anyone with qualifications and experience within a Linux enviroment from next year, remote work so not location dependent, if so I will keep peeps posted. I can accept CV's to be kept on file for anyone interested.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,809
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,809
Hey all, I am looking for admin work...I am working at the moment, but its not what I want to do, if anyone knows of any admin positions going I would be more than grateful if you could let me know.


[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted by Spritey_Nikki
Hey all, I am looking for admin work...I am working at the moment, but its not what I want to do, if anyone knows of any admin positions going I would be more than grateful if you could let me know.


Want to work for the Dole? Then you got only today to apply.

Scroll down half way...
Administrative Officer IRC64270
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/about-dwp/working-for-dwp/current-vacancies/


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,683
Wiki Guide
Offline
Wiki Guide
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,683
I got made redundant at the end of last year and lived on that (crappy) pay out for a while, but I'm now back working freelance which I've done in the past, but it gets to you after a while. It tends to take longer at home than it does in the office for some reason, and you end up chained to your computer. I get paid at the end of a contract, which could be 1 month to as much as 3 months. I work one five hour shift delivering pizzas - I quite like this as it gets me out of the house for easy peasy work and I get paid for it. I'd do a cleaning job if it came down to it, I'm not bothered as long as I'm left to work and the boss isn't an anus.
Jobs are always out there if you look properly - it also helps to apply on spec, but also to phone and ask for the recruitment manager, or personnel. I got my first good job not because I pestered them and they finally gave in! laugh


"C20 LET bang"
Page 14 of 21 1 2 … 12 13 14 15 16 … 20 21

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral, Cheshire
Posts: 14,579
Joined: July 2008
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,908,609 CW Chat room thread
6,018,406 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,725,187 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5