Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Posts1,028,112
Topics75,595
Members13,514
Forums65
Posts in last 24hrs19
Most Online14,906
Nov 23rd, 2019
Who's Online Now
35 registered members (11 invisible), 1,498 guests, and224 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Social Media : Follow Us


Popular Topics(Views 7days)
133 Woody
67 toy
New General Forums
George Carlin
by BultacoAstro. 10th Sep 2020 9:00am
Our Earth
by granny. 8th Sep 2020 10:02am
The Moon Landing ?
by BultacoAstro. 29th Aug 2020 4:58pm
Harry McGuire.
by casper. 28th Aug 2020 11:15am
New Wirral History
St Andrews Square
by MIKE6570. 22nd Sep 2020 5:22pm
Stage-Coach Timetables in 1830's
by mikeeb. 19th Sep 2020 4:05pm
Birkenhead Trams 1876
by mikeeb. 17th Sep 2020 3:38pm
WHAT PUB
by derekdwc. 12th Sep 2020 12:51pm
365 Crown Vaults 34 Watson Street
by mikeeb. 1st Sep 2020 5:05pm
Forum Tips
Photo Gallery Forums
Boaty McBoatface takes shape
The gathering storm: Mersey waterfront today
Topic Replies
Classic Rock The Bands Are Awakening
by BultacoAstro. 24th Sep 2020 10:28pm
Coronavirus
by granny. 24th Sep 2020 10:12pm
Our Earth
by cools. 24th Sep 2020 9:51pm
10 Argyle Hotel Argyle Street
by mikeeb. 24th Sep 2020 5:28pm
Woody
by lincle. 24th Sep 2020 2:24pm
21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street
by mikeeb. 24th Sep 2020 12:37pm
A Childhood in Birkenhead
by joney. 23rd Sep 2020 10:22am
St Andrews Square
by bert1. 22nd Sep 2020 6:15pm
70 Arab Arms
by sunnyside. 22nd Sep 2020 12:59pm
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Recent Posts : What's On ?
Previous Topic
Next Topic
Print Topic
Rate Topic
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Woman burnt #270158
18th Nov 2008 3:02pm
18th Nov 2008 3:02pm
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,868
shropshire
chriskay Offline OP
Forum Veteran
chriskay  Offline OP
Forum Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,868
shropshire


Breaking News


Burning woman's body found

1 hour 42 mins ago
ITN



Police have launched an investigation after a woman's body was found on fire near a sports centre.

Police were called to The Oval in Old Chester Road, Bebington, Wirral after a member of the public spotted the body of a 30-year-old woman on fire.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: "The flames were extinguished and a female was discovered, who was unfortunately deceased.

"Merseyside Fire Service and Merseyside Police were in attendance. The female has been identified and next of kin notified.

"Inquiries have commenced into establishing the events leading up to the female's death.

"Early indications suggest that the death is not suspicious."



Carpe diem.
Google Ads
Re: Woman burnt [Re: chriskay] #270159
18th Nov 2008 3:04pm
18th Nov 2008 3:04pm
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 72
Here
S
stumpy Offline
Member
stumpy  Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 72
Here
this was on radio city this morning, it apparently happened last night

Last edited by stumpy; 18th Nov 2008 3:05pm. Reason: crap at spelling
Re: Woman burnt [Re: stumpy] #270166
18th Nov 2008 3:33pm
18th Nov 2008 3:33pm
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,488
Spital
MGCraig Offline
AlfaHolic
MGCraig  Offline
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,488
Spital
Death is not Suspicious???

because people randomly die and catch on fire on a regular basis?


[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Woman burnt [Re: MGCraig] #270170
18th Nov 2008 4:01pm
18th Nov 2008 4:01pm
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 218
Wallasey
M
Morseman Offline
Addict
Morseman  Offline
Addict
M
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 218
Wallasey
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
Death is not Suspicious???

because people randomly die and catch on fire on a regular basis?


Possible suicide? Think pills would be a lot easier personally but when you are of a mind to do it then your mind is not right is it?


Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Re: Woman burnt [Re: Morseman] #270172
18th Nov 2008 4:05pm
18th Nov 2008 4:05pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
my house
Sanchez Offline

Wiki Veteran
Sanchez  Offline

Wiki Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
my house
I know his son frenchie, i'll speak with him later, see if he can give me any more info, condolences go out to her family and friends.


Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Re: Woman burnt [Re: Sanchez] #270175
18th Nov 2008 4:07pm
18th Nov 2008 4:07pm
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,995
Back of the wardrobe
MissGuided Offline

Awesome
MissGuided  Offline

Awesome
Wiki Guardian
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,995
Back of the wardrobe
i think they found a petrol can at the scene. someone here at work knew her, is really upset.

maybe its best not to talk about it openly on here as there might be people who are related or friends of the woman or her family.



Re: Woman burnt [Re: MissGuided] #270176
18th Nov 2008 4:10pm
18th Nov 2008 4:10pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
my house
Sanchez Offline

Wiki Veteran
Sanchez  Offline

Wiki Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
my house
yer, fair play,


Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Re: Woman burnt [Re: MissGuided] #270260
18th Nov 2008 6:25pm
18th Nov 2008 6:25pm
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,888
New Ferry
Davey_Martin Offline
Forum Master
Davey_Martin  Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,888
New Ferry
has her name been released yet?

Re: Woman burnt [Re: MGCraig] #270264
18th Nov 2008 6:38pm
18th Nov 2008 6:38pm
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,642
Wirral
Pete_Robbo Offline

Keep It Real !!
Pete_Robbo  Offline

Keep It Real !!
Wiki Guide
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,642
Wirral
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
Death is not Suspicious???

because people randomly die and catch on fire on a regular basis?




sounds Suspicious


[Linked Image]





Re: Woman burnt [Re: Pete_Robbo] #270323
18th Nov 2008 9:10pm
18th Nov 2008 9:10pm

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_


condolences to her family and friends.



very sad.

Re: Woman burnt [Re: ] #270336
18th Nov 2008 9:41pm
18th Nov 2008 9:41pm
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4,114
Devon
S
Softy_Southerner Offline

Forum Guardian
Softy_Southerner  Offline

Forum Guardian
S
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4,114
Devon
Please don't name her on here.
I don't often speak up but she's entitled to some privacy and dignity.

Re: Woman burnt [Re: Softy_Southerner] #270345
18th Nov 2008 10:07pm
18th Nov 2008 10:07pm
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,422
Ellesmere Port
T
Tony_1985 Offline

Forum Master
Tony_1985  Offline

Forum Master
T
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,422
Ellesmere Port
yeah, please dont name her on here

give them some privacy

Re: Woman burnt [Re: Softy_Southerner] #270351
18th Nov 2008 10:48pm
18th Nov 2008 10:48pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
my house
Sanchez Offline

Wiki Veteran
Sanchez  Offline

Wiki Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
my house
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Please don't name her on here.
I don't often speak up but she's entitled to some privacy and dignity.


i see your point, but she'll be named reguardless in the news soon ???? so what difference does it make were she is named ?


Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Re: Woman burnt [Re: Sanchez] #270392
19th Nov 2008 1:38am
19th Nov 2008 1:38am
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,888
New Ferry
Davey_Martin Offline
Forum Master
Davey_Martin  Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,888
New Ferry
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Please don't name her on here.
I don't often speak up but she's entitled to some privacy and dignity.


i see your point, but she'll be named reguardless in the news soon ???? so what difference does it make were she is named ?


for once i agree with u and the only reason i wanted to know if her name had been released was to see if it was anyone i knew, know lots of ppl in that area

Re: Woman burnt [Re: Sanchez] #270395
19th Nov 2008 2:30am
19th Nov 2008 2:30am
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Moreton/Beirut/Mobile
MattLFC Offline
Wiki Master
MattLFC  Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,315
Moreton/Beirut/Mobile
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Please don't name her on here.
I don't often speak up but she's entitled to some privacy and dignity.


i see your point, but she'll be named reguardless in the news soon ???? so what difference does it make were she is named ?

Ditto. If it wasnt going to happen elsewhere, I would'nt agree with it, but its just a fact of life that these details get released into the public domain.

smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Woody
by lincle. 23rd Sep 2020 1:57pm
St Andrews Square
by MIKE6570. 22nd Sep 2020 5:22pm
Stage-Coach Timetables in 1830's
by mikeeb. 19th Sep 2020 4:05pm
Dorothea Quarry Aug 2020
by KevinFinity. 18th Sep 2020 9:45pm
cat found,Wallasey
by doggod. 17th Sep 2020 8:55pm
For Sale & Free
toy
by sunnyside. 22nd Sep 2020 12:55pm
Wanted Bultaco Astro Or Pursang 360 Model 104
by BultacoAstro. 13th Sep 2020 10:39pm
Wooden Single Bed, Headboard, Mattress and Drawer
by rhoobarb2002. 12th Sep 2020 5:07pm
Vauxhall Alloy Wheels - Astra, Corsa, Zafira etc.
by j_demo. 12th Sep 2020 2:44pm
2x2 seater leather sofas recliner
by paul110180. 7th Sep 2020 8:18am
Member Spotlight
derekdwc
derekdwc
Birkenhead
Posts: 5,143
Joined: October 2008
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Mikey54, calltutors, RyanEvans, mange1827, Stephen_59
13514 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
New Wirral Info
Van carpet fitter
by Gibbo. 17th Sep 2020 9:16am
Tower road. Birkenhead and now Dock road
by keef666. 6th Sep 2020 1:53pm
Enjoy the street theatre!
by Excoriator. 5th Sep 2020 3:50pm
Laminate flooring
by casper. 4th Sep 2020 6:33pm
Road resurfacing 2020
by keef666. 20th Aug 2020 8:30am
News : New Topics
Award for Corbyn ???
by granny. 27th Aug 2020 10:41pm
Casper Specials
by granny. 23rd Aug 2020 5:39pm
When Damascus Falls !
by granny. 13th Feb 2020 11:12pm
Coronavirus
by cools. 30th Jan 2020 5:38pm
Brexit Transition
by diggingdeeper. 19th Mar 2018 2:50pm
New Enthusiast Forums
Woody
by lincle. 23rd Sep 2020 1:57pm
Dorothea Quarry Aug 2020
by KevinFinity. 18th Sep 2020 9:45pm
cat found,Wallasey
by doggod. 17th Sep 2020 8:55pm
Spring fitting required
by gerrymoore. 17th Sep 2020 9:20am
Customer Is Always Right
by BultacoAstro. 3rd Sep 2020 12:19pm
Popular Topics(Views 24hrs)
Wirral Sunrise Sunset
Sunrise Fri 7:05am
Sunset Fri 7:02pm
Local Time Fri 5:14am
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1.1