This view looking down Borough Road was on a picture postcard dated 1922.
The grocer's shop on the right at 375 Borough Road was then owned by a Henry Mann, who in 1893 was in partnership with a John Tunna at 52 Oxton Road. Besides being grocers, they also blended teas, one of which was named Mantunna, a combination of their names. They later sold the brand to Morris & Jones and it is today owned by Crown Foods.
Beyond the end of the shops on the right stands the Central Library, which was opened by King George V and Queen Mary the same day as the Mersey Tunnel, 18th July 1934.
- The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.Cruisewirral.com
- The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.