Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
4 members (2 invisible), 24,113 guests, and 680 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1073519 2nd Jan 2020 5:48pm
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
Forum Addict
OP Online Content
Forum Addict
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
My wife is looking for a newish car and we wandered into a well-known car showroom in New Brighton to see what they had on offer.

Unfortunately, the available cars were outside and speech proved very difficult as an array of loudspeakers was used to fill the area with cheap pop music and inconsequential DJ babble from the local radio bonehead. It was absolutely deafening, and how the neighbours could tolerate this din was hard to believe.

We left, without looking at any of the cars to the bafflement of the young salesman who obviously enjoyed the noise. At one time I might have told him why we left, but I have given up trying to convince such people that everyone doesn't want to shout over the continuous shrieking and bawling.

Google Ads
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 417
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 417
I think I know the Garage you mean, I went there to buy a car, the salesman said "what do you want Mate", I'm not his mate so I went somewhere else.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,348
Likes: 1
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,348
Likes: 1
You should see how they treat the new cars when they arrive.


[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,975
Wiki Guardian
Offline
Wiki Guardian
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,975
Good old Ballacre, never heard a good word said about them.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
Forum Addict
OP Online Content
Forum Addict
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
I didn't specify the garage, but I didn't know it was called 'Ballacre' In fairness to them. I have a Picanto and have found their service of it to be very good.

I just like to be able to be able to communicate without having to shout over the howling and wailing from loudspeakers.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,975
Wiki Guardian
Offline
Wiki Guardian
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,975
as they are the only dealership in New brighton it was obvious to most where you had been.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
Forum Addict
OP Online Content
Forum Addict
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
You may think that. I couldn't possibly comment!

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 130
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 130
My headmaster always bought his new Rover there when it was Armstrongs in the days before everyone in the Wirral started taking drugs and life was more refined. The showroom was very posh then. He would select several boys for a little spin. I remember the smell of walnut and his cigar smoke and the sun- seared leather seats burning my bum.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
Forum Addict
OP Online Content
Forum Addict
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
He'd be arrested for that now.

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 130
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 130
I believe he was some years later, or at least became a person of interest.

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 85
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 85
its all a question of knowledge and local trust. I do not buy new; waste of time; let someone else find the faults. I insist on full MoT before buying, have always bought 2nd hand, Apart from Citroen, never had a problem. Its a buyers market never forget that. I have had a 56 Fiesta for 4 years, its brilliant.

Last edited by red_devil; 27th Jan 2020 10:25pm.

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Posts: 2,371
Joined: April 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,905,752 CW Chat room thread
6,015,927 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,723,503 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5