Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,360
Posts1,033,313
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (3 invisible), 10,299 guests, and 511 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
Wirral waters
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:07am
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by hootmeil - 4th Apr 2024 1:15pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
casper 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Forum Master
Forum Master
Exactly DD we never were given the chance to vote when we joined we never voted on the Lisbon treaty but all of a sudden we now have democracy when it suits, these choices were made for us ( the good of the country) allegedly, it chokes me to use or hear the word democracy, as if we really had it !!

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by casper

the biggest criminals are those in power that use us as pawns in their war games while raking in the cash and those that profess to be patriots amongst them members of the Royal Family and Lords that were ready to jump into bed with the Nazis but will always be at the back of the queue when it comes to paying the full price,

Are you saying our Royal Family supported the Nazi's ? No they did not.

Considering you make those accusations, how is it you are happy to remain 'in bed' with the Germany of today(the biggest criminals of all) ?

Whoa granny were did I state I was in bed with Germany? I said I served in BAOR as many others did, some even married German girls ( the biggest criminals of them all )they are human beings with hopes and fears the same as us

Prince Edward was a known Nazi sympathiser aIong with his wife and many other peers were put under surveillance due to Nazi sympathies, he was a member of the Royal family was he not?

I am also a bit p'd off being branded a traitor or remoaner because I used my democratic right to vote for my preference, I do not call leaver's names, they made their choice also and are entitled to their opinion I have as much right to stand under the union flag as those that wrap themselves in it and use it as a symbol of their patriotism.

Who has branded you a traitor or remoaner ? I haven't seen that anywhere and nobody has called you names. ( we wouldn't do that ,Casper old chum)
My inference to you wanting to remain 'in bed with Germany' IS directly connected to you wishing to stay as part of the EU, but you seem unable to see how the Germany of today is still on a path of control with the recently named 'project' as it is now being referred to . What is a project other than in this case, further integration of all member states to diminish and destroy any national patriotism for one main purpose ? As Blair once said EU is not about peace it is about power ! He being one of the most influential and powerful behind closed doors to get his own way to benefit all the other types you have accused of being the biggest criminals ! So to me your view that staying in the EU goes against all your principles you mention.
When you say the members of the Royal Family were ready to jump into bed with the Nazis (albeit one Royal who met Hitler in 1937 and shook his hand, by which point he had already abdicated) it would indicate that you are opposed to German infiltration.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master

[/quote]

Who has branded you a traitor or remoaner ? I haven't seen that anywhere and nobody has called you names. ( we wouldn't do that ,Casper old chum)
My inference to you wanting to remain 'in bed with Germany' IS directly connected to you wishing to stay as part of the EU, but you seem unable to see how the Germany of today is still on a path of control with the recently named 'project' as it is now being referred to . What is a project other than in this case, further integration of all member states to diminish and destroy any national patriotism for one main purpose ? As Blair once said EU is not about peace it is about power ! He being one of the most influential and powerful behind closed doors to get his own way to benefit all the other types you have accused of being the biggest criminals ! So to me your view that staying in the EU goes against all your principles you mention.
When you say the members of the Royal Family were ready to jump into bed with the Nazis (albeit one Royal who met Hitler in 1937 and shook his hand, by which point he had already abdicated) it would indicate that you are opposed to German infiltration.

[/quote]

Yes I see what you meant, DD also explained, I took it a bit personal naughty me, I'am afraid it was a bit more than a handshake that Prince Edward shared with Hitler, there is lots of info regarding this some that may never come to light (to save embarrassment to the Royal Family) even talk of a plot for the Nazi's to install him as a puppet King albeit unproven, but without doubt he was moved to the Bahamas following advice from MI5. and no one on here has called me a traitor a remoaner yes, I have spent some time researching far right fascist groups who seem to think they are the saviours of the UK and it really got up my nose that this ... claim to represent our country, anyway enough of all this , do you still love me? smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Dear Casper, of course I love you.. did you ever dare doubt my affections ? wink

One more thing .. chuckle, chuckle.

Germany , going back to the 1870's a period known as the second industrial revolution , they set up a scheme of rapid industrialisation which led to 'integration' in the Foreign Direct Investment.

The Foreign Direct Investment was an investment in the form of a controlling ownership in a business in one country by an entity based in another country.

So in my opinion, and I could be wrong , Germany have always had this ambition, which now seems to be paying off (hopefully without us), although they do own or have control over a huge number of businesses and industries in this country already, and every other country too. The very reason our mines were closed, as to become a member of the EU, we had to integrate our coal and steel industries so that production was controlled by a central administration, notably Germany and France . They said it would prevent another war ... Ha,ha, poor excuse to take control and make our mines redundant. Slowly ,slowly the long arms are gathering up one thing after another, and what's more, we have paid for the bloody privilege .

Now I'm quite sure someone will tell me I'm wrong, but so far as I understand things, that's how it has and will continue to work in Europe.

And another thing.... Trump pulled out of Syria, he's said that it's up to Turkey .Syria, Russia, Iraq ,Iran and Europe to sort it out now. What the jiggery pokery has Europe got to do with it ? We need to be careful because it could feasibly explode into a nasty situation and if it spills over into Turkey, which I suspect it could do, then Europe will be in , without any choice .

Nighty night, Casper. Shhhhhhh ! I don't want Dilly getting jealous

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
You've missed the obvious FDI granny, the asset stripping of Greece, which country is next?

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

The way things are going.. us probably.

Merkel put the kibosh on another deal. Maybe that's a deliberate move so Germany are not likely to have to bail Ireland out again (on their own) .
I think she's just handed a 'no deal' to UK. and then Ireland can make their own arrangements. Another way of the EU kicking the can down the road for someone else.

I can see masses of suicides in the not too distant future with all of this. I for one ,will feel like doing myself in if then we don't leave.

Greater than that, if it doesn't happen, there will be more than Extinction Rebellion on the streets of this country , and every MP who voted against Brexit, when their constituents voted for it, will need to hold their heads in shame for turning our people from a democratic vote to a game of individual personal gain in the HoC's.

All our MP's are a disgrace, they have brought Parliament into disrepute and bare no resemblance to high standing officials to whom we should at least have some respect !

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

This is getting ridiculous. Scottish Courts deciding whether or not the courts can send a letter to delay Brexit instead of the PM.

What good will a delay do ? I bet there's some tiny clause which an eagle eyed poisonous dwarf has spotted, to stop the whole process.

We can almost guarantee that the Queens Speech vote will not be passed by Parliament. Attempting to force Boris into resignation, although he is not obliged to resign. If he did,,, well I wonder who is likely to stand in his place ? Maybe that's what Mrs Merkel and the EU are hoping for and then to change direction of all things .

Anarchy in Parliament is not good, but led by Corbyn and fairly typical of todays present mind- set,-- out on the streets which is where he does best.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master

All our MP's are a disgrace, they have brought Parliament into disrepute and bare no resemblance to high standing officials to whom we should at least have some respect !

If nothing else it has turned the spotlight on the shambles that is Government, the veneer of respectability, responsibility and the outdated practices, we now have the bare bones,squabbling children name calling each other, they have managed to do more damage to the credibility of this country, all that is missing is fisticuffs, the illusion of a Great Britain, Big Ben, bobbies on bicycles two by two has been replaced by demonstrations and protests, as you say granny so depressing.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

According to the BBC , Boris and Leo Varadkar met in 'Cheshire ' today. If they can't get that right, what do they get right ? Laura Keunsberg explained it in her cynical fashion, as a Tudor building built in the 19th century, where Colleen Rooney got married.

Anyway, that's not of importance, but Leo seems to be giving a glimmer of hope after the talks today , but I don't think this is to be taken as a serious hope.
My view is, he will string Boris (and the rest of us) along until the final hour, but it will not be finalised by 31st October which will mean an extension , and in that period of time, the talks will fail again, and there will have been a General Election, in the hope of starting all over again and remaining in the EU .

Remember my words,...

Why on earth was John Bercow having private meetings with Junker yesterday ?

Last edited by granny; 11th Oct 2019 12:07am.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Wasn't it in London with David Sassoli, the European Parliament President which is the equivalent role of the House of Commons Speaker? Despite the media hype, two speakers talking to each other doesn't sound that wrong or unusual.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Wasn't it in London with David Sassoli, the European Parliament President which is the equivalent role of the House of Commons Speaker? Despite the media hype, two speakers talking to each other doesn't sound that wrong or unusual.

Yes, correct. It was the new President which makes no difference to the problem of Bercow stepping out of his remit of being impartial . Which ever it is, according to the media it would appear that they have discussed various aspects of Brexit, and that is not for Bercow to do.
Maybe he was snuggling up for a new job in the EU Parliament. There won't be one here for him and that man is clearly unhinged. As many others would appear to be also.

The latest unhinged big gun on the political stage is Erdogan. He reminds me of Hitler. Apparently Naples and Barcelona have blocked check-ins for Turkish Airlines.. now that makes sense instead of voices from the dark saying,, "we don't like what you are doing, you must stop it , Mr Erdogan, and stop right now, you naughty boy "

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Yes, correct. It was the new President which makes no difference to the problem of Bercow stepping out of his remit of being impartial . Which ever it is, according to the media it would appear that they have discussed various aspects of Brexit, and that is not for Bercow to do.
Maybe he was snuggling up for a new job in the EU Parliament. There won't be one here for him and that man is clearly unhinged. As many others would appear to be also.

The latest unhinged big gun on the political stage is Erdogan. He reminds me of Hitler. Apparently Naples and Barcelona have blocked check-ins for Turkish Airlines.. now that makes sense instead of voices from the dark saying,, "we don't like what you are doing, you must stop it , Mr Erdogan, and stop right now, you naughty boy "

And if Europe carries on criticizing us we will flood you with refugees, nice man, Trump has done the dirty on Syria which leaves us with the possibility of the ISIS prisoners escaping, another fine mess.

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPTZuwwHng

Forum Master
Forum Master
Sorry but I know what I would have liked doing to those Isis ... and that is get rid of them all in one go for once and for all,,,I'll leave it to your imagination , many ways to do it!!! Sod human rights and all did they give any thought to their hostages who they beheaded, NO!!! Another thing that I hate is calling them , The Beatles,,what an insult to our group, I would have objected if I were Paul or Ringo....

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by cools
Sorry but I know what I would have liked doing to those Isis ... and that is get rid of them all in one go for once and for all,,,I'll leave it to your imagination , many ways to do it!!! Sod human rights and all did they give any thought to their hostages who they beheaded, NO!!! Another thing that I hate is calling them , The Beatles,,what an insult to our group, I would have objected if I were Paul or Ringo....

But if you reverse that and were a country that had many other countries interfering and invading your land you end up with exactly the same statement and that is what happened. We should stop warmongering, invading and destroying other nations.

Trying to impose our standards on countries that are in a different stage or type of development to our own is never going to work, it is always going to create a mess. Its not that long ago that what we now consider atrocities were carried out in this country.

We go around bombing countries that we aren't at war with - does that make any sense?

Generally strict regimes come about because countries need it, wiping out those regimes just leaves total instability.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 8:57pm
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,105 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,078 Spotted!