Welcome to MUK 3 – Festival of Horsepower!
16th April 2006
Myerscough College is now into its third year of hosting MUK, and it’s time for a change……..
The previous two years of shows have been based on some of the best contemporary modified cars from around the North West of England, the people that have built the cars, and the music that provides the backing track to the scene we all know and love.
But that’s not enough…….MUK 3 – Festival of Horsepower
is THE local show for anything weird, wonderful or powerful. This year plays host to:
• The best of the North West’s Contemporary Modified cars,
• The finest collection of Hot-Rod, Retro-modified, Off-Road, Super-cars, Race cars, Rally cars, Street-Sleepers, bikes and anything else quick, classic, or mental.
• The finest local trade suppliers will be attending, donating prizes to the competitions and there for your custom and enquiries.A live action arena
will play host to an assortment of rally cars, including classic escorts prepped by the college team, and plenty of other vehicles still to be announced!A flamer competition
will certainly set the show alight, Judged by John Ross of Wizard Performance. (Wizard Performance are offering Flamer kits prior to the show, Phone John or Woodsy on 01257 481 858).Live music acts
will play throughout the day to cater for every taste with Jonny B, Bolf, The Handy Men, SupaNaut and the King Pins
all adding their own flavour to the event.The mobile rolling road from Redline Motorsport
will be available for power-testing cars throughout the day, at a cost of £40 per run.Pemberton Tyres
will be hosting their Formula 1 simulator and pit-stop challenge, with proceeds going to a charity.
Proceeds of the show will be going to Cancer Research UK, The Meningitis trust, or Derrian House.
The show is on 16th April 2006 at Myerscough College, near Preston. (www.myerscough.ac.uk
) with the show gates opening at 10am. Food and drink will be available from a top class catering van throughout the day. MUK III Schedule
9:30 = Club stands start to arrive.
Individual entry cars to arrive.
10:30 =DJ Johnny B opens the show
11:30 = Arena Show 1
12:00pm = Judging starts.
12:30 = Arena Show 2
13:30 = Judging ends
Arena Show 3
14:00 = Handy Men, Rap and R+B DJs.
14:30 = Competitors, presentations and prize giving’s.
15:00 = Supanaut, Rock Band
15:30 = Arena Show 4,
16:00 = Handy Men, Rap and R+B DJs
16:30 = The King Pins, 60s-70s Rock Band.
17:00 = Show closes
Tidying starts and every competitor and spectator leaves as well. Entrance
Entrance for the show is a flat fee of £5 per car
, whether entering your car into the show or spectating. This gets entry into the show for the car and the passengers in the vehicle.
Spectator parking is the Main entrance for the College, (the one with the Big Chrome Myerscough College sign on a stone wall).
Show cars, please use the plant centre entrance.
Apologies for the size of the map, please right click, save, and have a look! Code Of Conduct for all Visitors
MUK III is intended to be a safe, fun enjoyment of all aspects of automotive enthusiasm, so the organisers of the event would request that all attendees obey the following rules.
1. Respect must be shown to all persons and their property including that of the college at all times.
2. Directions and instructions given by security marshals must be followed.
3. NO alcohol is to be consumed by anybody in charge of a vehicle.
4. NO illegal substances are to be consumed at ANY time, anywhere on site.
5. NO aggression or abuse of any form will be tolerated.
6. Unless specifically directed, all college buildings are not accessible.
7. Guests are advised to place litter in the bins provided.
8. Vehicles are not to exceed 5 mph on site.
9. Considerate Driving must be observed at all times.
This means strictly
No J Turns,
No Handbrake turns,
No flames outside of area,
A Flaming area will be provided and can be used via appointment, therefore, no flaming outside of the flame area.
10. Music will be provided throughout the day for your entertainment, Therefore, please respect this and keep your own stereo to a sensible level.
If you have any questions, please email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org