WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (1 invisible), 9,856 guests, and 412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
I see a 'Major Incident' has been declared, and the minister is cutting short his Christmas break in order to deal with this horrifying crisis.

"But who is invading us" you may well cry in alarm. "Is it the Luftwaffe? Panzer divisions? Communist forces led by the shirtless Putin? The Chinese hordes"

Well, no. Not quite.

Its 22 pathetic asylum seekers in a couple of sinking inflatables desperately trying to find somewhere to live. They are not alone of course. there have been a total of ...er...220 of them. So it clearly needs ministerial direction, the navy must be mobilised to repel this fearsome threat.

Little Englanders are, of course, unaware that people have every right to arrive here and request asylum. This is not an illegal activity, despite said Little E's enthusiasm for shoving 'illegal' before any occurrence of the words 'asylum seeker'. The UK signed up to this right of its own free will, for the very excellent reason that it is is the right thing to do. This simple principle seems to have been forgotten.

Not for the first time this government makes me ashamed to be British.

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Little Englanders are, of course, unaware that people have every right to arrive here and request asylum. This is not an illegal activity, despite said Little E's enthusiasm for shoving 'illegal' before any occurrence of the words 'asylum seeker'.

Little Englanders obviously know their stuff unlike others, non-EU citizens are supposed to apply for asylum in the first EU country they arrive in, there should be no asylum seekers travelling from France to the UK (unless they are French citizens and seeking asylum from France). Its called the Dublin Regulation.

Furthermore, EU countries that allow migrants to pass through them are committing an offence unless those people are under a visa-waiver program.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
"non-EU citizens are supposed to apply for asylum in the first EU country they arrive in"

No they are not. That is an EU rule, not an internationally agreed one. I thought you disagreed with the EU and its rules anyway.

But irrespective of the legal niceties. I reckon these people would be welcomed by me and most decent brits.

You forget that the UK is not able to sustain its population. Fertility is about 1.9 children per woman. We need people. Perhaps your objection is that they are not WASPS?

But to pretend that this is a 'Major Incident' would be laughable if it didn't reveal the depths of sheer nastiness our country seems to have descended to.

Addict
Addict
If these people are genune and in fear of their lives, i would be the first to help, but most are not and think the UK a soft touch, and that's why i voted out!

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by keef666
If these people are genune and in fear of their lives, i would be the first to help, but most are not and think the UK a soft touch, and that's why i voted out!

And I think a good percentage of those that voted to leave did so for the same reasons, immigration, but if we leave will we lose the cooperation of the French?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Understanding why so many Iranians are arriving across from the channel, has probably been explained as an extension to Serbia's invitation of visa-free travel to Iranians, in an attempt to improve tourism in the country.

The policy has now stopped, being abolished in October, as Serbia (or someone else ) saw it becoming an avenue for many Iranians to permanently locate to Europe.

Maybe this government reaction is preferable rather than to become overrun. Nipping it in the bud could save a lot of tears later for tourists who thought they could catch the last water bus to their new home. Serbia obviously had the mafia ready and waiting for transportation , which brings about the possibility(fact) that the Mafia run a lot of things in Europe !

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2018/11/26/iranian-migrants-used-visa-free-serbia-to-enter-eu

The numbers of Iranians who have entered Belgrade during this period vary between 15,000 and 40,000.

It is not clear how many Iranians remained behind in Europe, but anecdotal evidence suggests that flights from Iran had been arriving to Serbia full and departing the country empty. Serbian police estimated that 12,000 never returned, according to the BBC report.

Last edited by granny; 30th Dec 2018 12:04pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Overrun?

What on earth are you babbling about?

Overrun by a few dozen?

You can call it racism, xenophobia, selfishness, paranoia and a lot of other things, but I will stick to simply laughing at it as the obvious bollocks it is, irrespective of motivation.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
OK, so you are in favour of illegal immigrants in their numbers. You must be in favour of criminal activities as they are not abiding by laws, They are illegal immigrants. SO we now know what your view is on criminality.. very strange, taking into consideration many of your posts on various other subjects of criminality in the past.
maybe you are just in favour of foreign criminals being excused . Another unfortunate side to your 'I'm alright Jack, how about you ' ?
Maybe you like the idea of people being kept in 'centre's' or the possibility of them being mown down by a passing cargo vessel, that is unable to stop for an invisible little dinghy.

I suggest you consider the illegal migrants in Italy, Greece and Spain all acceptable , and a great way for criminal gangs to make masses of money which is fed into the terrorists networks. Same as all the charities that were operating during the Iraqi and Syrian wars. I hope you didn't give them all your ' beautiful ' money Ex, most of them were run by terrorists , funding their end game.

But,, illegal is GOOD, in your mind..

Last edited by granny; 30th Dec 2018 3:15pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Should a country, any country, be able to function in all respects from its own resources. I always thought so but no longer think this is the case. So - when your supply lines are cut what do you do?

We were sold out years ago and now exist through the 'company store'. Not a glowing future is it.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Here are an interesting pair of paragraphs:-

England is the most densely populated country in the EU.

The population of the UK has continued to rise despite the birthrate per woman being under 2.0 since 1973.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
why do they allegedly want to build 12000 new homes on wirral? if uk is not able to sustain its population ?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Need more houses because the population is still increasing, partly due to people living longer and partly due to immigration.

They have no idea how many EU nationals have moved here though it is conservatively estimated at nearly four million which would be about 6% of our population. The figure could be wildly underestimated, non-working people (including kids, partners etc) can end up totally under the radar.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
We have almost 8 million more people in UK since 1990. Governments didn't keep abreast of the issues that would arise from the increase until it was almost impossible.

Live births to mothers born outside the UK has increased from 11.6% in 1990 to 27% by 2014.

Germany Population: 82.29 million

UK population 2018 : 66,573,504

France Population : 65,233,271

Italy Population : 59,290,969

Poland Population: 37.97 million
Spain Population: 46.57 million
Portugal Population 10,291,196
Greece Population 11,142,161

Only Germany has more people than we do. So if they don't have enough for the workforce it would indicate that they are the greatest industrialised country and exporters and by far exceed all other EU countries . They've done well and almost succeeded in the original mission they set out to do in the 1800's and again in the 1900's..
Greece for example has only increased by 1 million since 1970. I find that extraordinary.. Countries with smaller populations , part of the EU and still being kept in virtual poverty. It tends to blow up the theory that countries will be better off if they join the EU. Of course, Germany exports more to Greece than Greece exports to Germany, so that's a control feature for Germany's future and the same applies to many more.
I see Merkel (in her New Year speech) intends for Germany to play a far greater roll in International politics.

https://www.euronews.com/2018/12/31/merkel-vows-greater-international-role-for-germany-in-2019?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3a+euronews%2fen%2fnews+(euronews+-+news+-+en)

Maybe she's committing to Agenda 21. (I think that, at the end of the day means more Sustainable Development and 'Depopulation' as defined by the UN in 1990's ! ) Has this not happened before ????

I don't seem able to put the link up

Last edited by granny; 1st Jan 2019 12:16pm.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Here are an interesting pair of paragraphs:-

England is the most densely populated country in the EU.

The population of the UK has continued to rise despite the birthrate per woman being under 2.0 since 1973.

The first paragraph is bollocks. The Netherlands and Belgium have higher population densities than the UK. And If you consider the Channel Islands and Gibraltar as countries they are more densely populated than the UK. In fact the UK is about 50th in about 230 countries ordered by population density. Basically, the UK is far from the 'Overcrowded Island" that most dim brexiteers claim it is. There is plenty of room for more, actually.

The second paragraph is probably correct, and doesn't worry me in the slightest. Without immigration, the population would fall, and that will create a lot of difficulties which our government is ill-equipped to deal with. For a start, an ageing population is less productive making our products more expensive on the world market. Secondly, the falling population means that the value of money grows. Sounds great that you can make money by hiding it under the mattress, but the effect is that it stifles investment - why risk your money to make it grow when it grows itself? Production as well as productivity suffers. There are also social problems. Care of the elderly is already a big problem in our society and it will get worse as more old people need care and there are fewer people young enough to do the caring.

The long and short of it is we should welcome immigrants, not organise ships to keep them out. Xenophobes and racists should find better excuses to support their views.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I said England not UK, also Malta has a higher population density but generally the smaller islands/countries are ignored.

Numerous newspapers/media stated we had overtaken Netherlands last year, but I now see they were using contemporary figures for England and stats over a decade old for Netherlands. I didn't think they would lie on such a matter and took the headlines as stated - I really should know better and will award myself with ten lashes.

We are ahead of Belgium.

An ageing workforce shouldn't matter too much, we should be automating more things. We should be looking to reducing working hours and reducing working life unless you accept the premise that we are effectively born to be slaves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,215 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,294 Spotted!