WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 38,995 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1054400 8th Apr 2018 9:41pm
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
I have got an email informing me that my appIe ID has been locked for security reasons and I should change my password. They are mentioning St Lucia I think sopposedly where it's been compromised on a different source. I'm useless at all this but I'm not going to do anything till I know more. Does this sound like a scam? What can I do to see if genuine? Help please.

Google Ads
cools #1054401 8th Apr 2018 10:15pm
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,579
Likes: 39
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,579
Likes: 39
Try logging in to Apple, if you can, your account isn’t locked and the email is a scam. If you can’t log in it looks like email is genuine.

Whatever you do, don’t click on any links in the email.


There's a real danger that the left will drag Britain back to the 1970s, with secure well-paid jobs, ample housing, properly-funded NHS and social care, free tuition, student grants, final salary pensions, affordable rail fares and fabulous films and music. David Osland 2025

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
cools #1054403 8th Apr 2018 10:30pm
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
Thanks DD, I've just tried and as far as I can see I can so I'm fairly sure it's a horrible scam. I'm pretty hopeless when something like this pops up but I won't click on anything. My sons here tomorrow he can recheck for me.

Last edited by cools; 8th Apr 2018 10:30pm. Reason: Extra word added
cools #1054408 9th Apr 2018 12:55am
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
I wouldn't say that you are hopeless/ clueless Cools. Sounds like your' scam radar' was twitching and you sought help. You have also alerted other people to a potential scam.

cools #1054410 9th Apr 2018 1:56am
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 319
Old Hand
Offline
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 319
I think it's worth treating anything like this as a scam - they usually are.

I cut and paste the title or part of the wording into Google to see if
others have received it. That often confirms it as a scam.

cools #1054413 9th Apr 2018 10:51am
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
Just been onto apple support and verified this was a phishing scam and a couple of others were as well. Spent a long time with this guy who was really patient and articulate and has assured me how to spot scams. If anything is genuine coming from Apple it does not have a load of codes etc after it. So thanks folks for your help. Beware of Scams!!

cools #1054435 9th Apr 2018 8:55pm
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,647
Wiki Guide
Offline
Wiki Guide
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,647
Glad your RADAR was twitching and you have had reassurance from Apple .Don't knock your-self down , it can happen to any one .You got a positive result .Tho it can be worrying when your not techno minded .I had a scare last year , nearly COST me all my money in bank account , but acted very quickly when I realised what I had done .THANK GOD .

cools #1054437 9th Apr 2018 10:43pm
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,621
Forum Guardian
Offline
Forum Guardian
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,621
One Ive come across this week is a text from DPD couriers telling me my parcel had been left around the back , and to email the enclosed link if I had any problems. It even gave the name of the local courier. Well I wasnt expecting a parcel , but if I had been and not known what courier company was going to be used, I might have got caught out and clicked it. As it was I checked with DPD by email , and they confirmed it was a known scam theyre trying to get stopped.

cools #1054440 10th Apr 2018 8:19am
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 516
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 516
NEVER change passwords through email requests or click on any links they are beyond a doubt scams. The easiest most effective response is to simply contact the customer services of the firm concerned by phone.


Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
_Ste_
_Ste_
Skid Row
Posts: 16,348
Joined: August 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,908,156 CW Chat room thread
6,018,003 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,976 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5