WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 28,092 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1051410 13th Jan 2018 10:22pm
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Ardneil Offline OP
Beginner
OP Offline
Beginner
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
I know we are all different and have our own opinions, but why can't I stand .........phoney ....Tom Jones.... The image, I hate, the stupid WOW he shouts out!
Sorry to post this. I'm not looking for an argument...I just had to let off steam!!!!

Google Ads
Ardneil #1051414 13th Jan 2018 11:06pm
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,578
Likes: 39
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,578
Likes: 39
I'm not a fan of Tom either, especially on The Voice.

Its a long time since he's been at the bottom of the ladder and has a very narrow style of music, I can't see what he can offer to the show.

Tonight the Judges must have been deaf, there were two chosen contestants that consistently didn't hit notes, messed up glides etc, but then, I suppose they need some easy cannon fodder for later in the program when they start dropping contestants.

The whole program (like many others) is now becoming even more about the judges than the contestants. Its downright rude not to show the whole of the contestants performance. Its not quite as bad as Britain's Got Talent etc for that, where they are showing inside of an audience person's nostril when some contestant is tap-dancing their heart out.


There's a real danger that the left will drag Britain back to the 1970s, with secure well-paid jobs, ample housing, properly-funded NHS and social care, free tuition, student grants, final salary pensions, affordable rail fares and fabulous films and music. David Osland 2025

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Ardneil #1051416 13th Jan 2018 11:59pm
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,811
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Ardneil
I know we are all different and have our own opinions, but why can't I stand .........phoney ....Tom Jones.... The image, I hate, the stupid WOW he shouts out!
Sorry to post this. I'm not looking for an argument...I just had to let off steam!!!!


Let off as much steam as you wish. We all seem to do it on here , from time to time . Welcome.
Yes, he's past it ..sorry ..but he is !
Hoping Casper isn't taking offence, he must be about the Tom Jones era. laugh


Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Ardneil #1051422 14th Jan 2018 11:18am
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 5
I've never watched the Voice. The trailers are bad enough! I have always disliked Tom Jones too.

But I'd have thought him ideal for it.

Ardneil #1051423 14th Jan 2018 11:58am
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
I like this show better than the others and although not a great fan of Tom I think he adds to the judges. He's well able to pick a good voice out with all his years of being in the business and singing with the best. Myself I dont like J Hudson and even Olly seems to be overpowering Will and Tom, will used to be very funny but gone quite quiet.I agree with DD about showing up the audience all the time, that gets n my nerves..

Ardneil #1051435 14th Jan 2018 9:22pm
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 443
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 443
I'll love to see Elton John take over from Tom Jones, as they need to get rid him and william or has he spells it will I am, most of the time he's playing on his phone and all you get from Jennifer Hudson is "oh Jennifer Hudson productions or JHud productions everytime she opens her gob.

and am I the only one getting fed-up with the judges on the voice/BGT/X-factor trying to make up new words eg showmazing, and if nicole scherzinger says he/she's got balls one more time, I'm starting to think she's trying to tell us something wink

ps welcome to wikiwirral

Last edited by assassin; 14th Jan 2018 9:24pm. Reason: added the wecome


granny #1051452 15th Jan 2018 1:36pm
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,390
Likes: 4
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,390
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Ardneil
I know we are all different and have our own opinions, but why can't I stand .........phoney ....Tom Jones.... The image, I hate, the stupid WOW he shouts out!
Sorry to post this. I'm not looking for an argument...I just had to let off steam!!!!


Let off as much steam as you wish. We all seem to do it on here , from time to time . Welcome.
Yes, he's past it ..sorry ..but he is !
Hoping Casper isn't taking offence, he must be about the Tom Jones era. laugh


No not a fan granny, it's not unusual but Tom didn't do it for me, Mrs Casper watches the voice much to my annoyance, and (huff and puff) that skating thing, so I retire to the other room and voice my displeasure to myself mumble mumble.


Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral, Cheshire
Posts: 14,578
Joined: July 2008
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,009 CW Chat room thread
6,016,020 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,723,586 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5