Originally Posted by keef666
Thank you Sneakypete atleast i am not alone in this!
Just want to add something else for a Council moaning of lack of money, why have they top dressed the strip of road from the Clown round about up to the traffic lights, near Morrison's, there was some cracks in the road [ show me a road that doesn't?] which had a hot tar filler applied, but now its had a loose grit dressing, i rode over it this morning on my way to work and thought the dark patches was loose grit so rode as slow as i could, traffic was me a this time of the morning, [ the dark patches looked like water ] I want to know why it was resurfaced, there are worse roads out there crying out for repair but never get it, the main prom road was done a few years back and the lane close to the prom wall is appalling, the same can be said for Church road runing pass the Town hall in Seacombe, i could have done a better job myself with a butter knife!
Wirral the only place where you can drive down a few hundred metres of a road and find two or three surfaces, hard then loose back on to hard? Of course the loose grit ones have loose grit all over the roads footpaths for years to come!
I have also started going over Tower Bridge road, to think that cost over three million to do two years ago and what a cock up of a road system a round-about that everyone treats as a T-Juncion, crossing points on raised ramps that drivers think are speed humps! Bus stops on the main drag causing tail backs, when some one hails a bus[ when there not on strike that is?]
The only road signs you see are the no over taking ones!
Yeah! Another cock up?

Because the tide comes over the road at New Brighton they have to seal it otherwise the whole surface can disappear quite rapidly, especially in winter when the tarmac is brittle. I think there is a concrete surface under the tarmac which creates additional problems like adhesion and drainage.

The grit they laid down looks like the micro-tarmac stuff they lay these days and which I was originally very sceptical, they will come back and recoat it after it has been driven down.

Hopefully Church Road will fail inspection and the contractor will have to come and redo sections that fail.

Tower Bridge Road is an A road, I'm amazed the Council are permitted to do a non-standard layouts. It isn't any safer for pedestrians when you give drivers more distractions, I find the same with speed bumps, they are a distraction that takes the drivers attention on what is going on around him.

Anyway we are about to get another grant of the Government to do more road work, this micro-management of Council's responsibilities by central Government doesn't help. Councils should be given an annual allowance, not grants in bits and pieces.