Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
3 members (1 invisible), 35,435 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#884683 1st Jul 2014 12:47pm
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 25
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 25
I was planning to have a new computer built (mainly for gaming) and I contacted a shop which will remain nameless 3 weeks ago telling them roughly what I wanted. They promised to ring me back within a week with a price etc and despite numbrous phone calls they still haven`t give me a costing. So I am going to wash my hands of them and therefore I am looking for somebody else to do it

Can anybody recommand a good computer company in Birkenhead that can do this for me, preferably one that can come to my home and set the system up for me. As well as a computer I also need a new moniter as my current one is on it`s last legs

Last edited by Reremnart; 1st Jul 2014 12:48pm.
Google Ads
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,793
Forum Guardian
Offline
Forum Guardian
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,793
I had the same issue with bigabyte in newferry, never called me back despite multiple phone calls - plus i had other problems, so I would avoid them.

Personally I would suggest talking to "thecomputerlab"

he is selling a couple of machines and he seems to know his stuff, see what he is selling here

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...dia_centre_PC_desktop_pc.html#Post883497

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...r_High_End_Gaming_System.html#Post883492

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...nd_Gaming_Video_Photo_Ed.html#Post883477


[Linked Image]
I am a signature virus, copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 21,270
Likes: 6
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 21,270
Likes: 6
Reremnart
I will private message you.
I can do all that with you in the comfort of your home.

Mark

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 504
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 504
Would recommend Mark, he has done loads of work for me, knows his stuff, reliable, honest.

K

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,318
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,318
Thanks for recommendation smile mark is a very capable tech also. I am sure that you will have no problems getting your custom system built. smile

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 25
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 25
Thanks for the offers guys but my boss`s son who is a real computer geek put me in contact with a shop who built his and I`e got it all covered now


Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
_Ste_
_Ste_
Skid Row
Posts: 16,348
Joined: August 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,907,948 CW Chat room thread
6,017,862 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,913 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5