WikiWirral Share a Little Learn a Lot about your Wirral
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 39,116 guests, and 697 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#749506 11th Dec 2012 9:27pm
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Hi
Does anybody have a bike they could lend me , say from this weekend till just over xmas , it's for my daughters boyfriend not use , as they are coming to stay for a week or so . He is around 6foot tall , hybred road or mountain bike , as long as its not a clunker , something you could easily do the coast and back on.

Thanks

Google Ads
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 783
Wise One
Offline
Wise One
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 783
I would for a deposit. I have a hybrid one, cost me around £700

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Is this a returnable deposit and if so how much are we talking here , I do understand that nobody really knows anybody on this site , so to do something like this with a stranger is risky . Also. What size is it make etc etc , I am very good with bikes and do all my own work even service my forks and brakes , so it would be in good hands if we come to an agreement . Mr Phil will vouch for me as we are riding buddies.

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 629
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 629
I think you may be asking a lot from "strangers" to be honest. If you get no luck perhaps buy a second-hand one and resell it hoping to get all your money back.

Anyway hope you get sorted.

Kev.

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
I am asking a lot I know, but knowing me I would lend me one , but as you say and I basically said earlier we are all strangers here .
But being christmas I just thought somebody might have had a new bike and now have a spare. Have you not got one Keving ha ha .

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 783
Wise One
Offline
Wise One
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 783
I would need a deposit big enough to let me risk it to someone who I dont know. Doesnt have to be cash but something worth more to you than my bike!

Of course, Ill return it to you once I get the bike back.

Its a medium frame but my brother is 6'2" and he can ride it no problem. Hybrid with 21 speeds, disc brakes, front suspension, hard tail. Very well looked after and serviced. Its a Giant.

I love this bike.

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 155
Thanks for the offer I really do appreciate it , we thinking of going to delamere for the odd day now so he will hire one . It is good to know there are people like yourself who would put themselves out for people they don't know. Saying that if we do fancy riding the coast I will keep you in mind just for a day and I would leave my car with you which should be ok.


Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
_Ste_
_Ste_
Skid Row
Posts: 16,348
Joined: August 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,908,147 CW Chat room thread
6,017,999 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,974 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5