WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
3 members (1 invisible), 28,412 guests, and 678 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 … 9 10
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
if you want it ,do it, smile i`ll help you


Or... I'll help you.

I've built up a considerable fund which I plan to invest. It was going to be bricks and mortar but there are plenty of angel investors willing to fund start ups such as this. Bring a decent business plan to them and they'll help you to help them.


Google Ads
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
Too many people equate success in life to how wealthy they are financially. Big mistake-especially in modern society. Happiness comes from within. It is better to give than to receive innit. I know many people who have won and lost. Survival depends on your personal outlook. For example,how many Jews who survived the concentration camps managed to make lives for themselves because they had the right approach to life? Just imagine being repatriated from Belsen, in 1945. No family; no friends, save a few survivors. How much bitterness did those guys have to overcome to move forward? Imagine having your house taken away from you by bailiffs and having to start from scratch. It must be a nightmare-so every night, I count my blessings, which are many and look forward to the next day of being alive!!

so true!


Dont Cry Over Spilt Milk
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Originally Posted by JonRon
Originally Posted by Tombraider
i do agree with you peanut but some poeple start with nothing then become successfull and earn there money well.


Of course they do.

Risk is always directly proportionate to reward.

For example, Investing in the stock market is riskier than investing in property. Investing in property is riskier than investing in gold. Investing in gold is riskier than investing in bonds. Investing in bonds is riskier than fixed deposits.

Those that have come from nothing and made a fortune have taken considerable risks.

Sarah needs to take that risk, or take the easy option and work for someone else. There's no risk in that but there's also very little reward.

I could go on, but I won't.
LOL Please don`t

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Originally Posted by JonRon
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
if you want it ,do it, smile i`ll help you


Or... I'll help you.

I've built up a considerable fund which I plan to invest. It was going to be bricks and mortar but there are plenty of angel investors willing to fund start ups such as this. Bring a decent business plan to them and they'll help you to help them.

lol is that dragon`s den you talking about smile

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
Too many people equate success in life to how wealthy they are financially.


Unfortunately, that is how success is measured.

Originally Posted by FiremanFil
Big mistake-especially in modern society. Happiness comes from within. It is better to give than to receive innit.


I agree. Being able to give because you have done well is a fantastic feeling, letting others benefit from your success.

Originally Posted by FiremanFil
I know many people who have won and lost.


Me too. They've taken the risk, some win, some lose.

Originally Posted by FiremanFil
Survival depends on your personal outlook. For example,how many Jews who survived the concentration camps managed to make lives for themselves because they had the right approach to life? Just imagine being repatriated from Belsen, in 1945. No family; no friends, save a few survivors. How much bitterness did those guys have to overcome to move forward?


I think we're going slightly off topic here, how many concentration camp survivors do we have on Wiki?

Originally Posted by FiremanFil
Imagine having your house taken away from you by bailiffs and having to start from scratch. It must be a nightmare-so every night, I count my blessings, which are many and look forward to the next day of being alive!!


These people are either lazy or took the risk vs reward route and failed. But the risk vs. reward people will pick themselves up and give it another crack. The lazy, well, they'll sign on andy give up.

LIFE... is what you make of it.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
LOL Please don`t


This sort or response shows me why you're not an entrepreneur and will never make anything of yourself.

Some people are cut out for life and some just float along, happy with what they have.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 574
Smartchild
Offline
Smartchild
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 574
One of my mates informed me the other day that his wife had made him a millionaire. He said, before he met her-he was a multi-millionaire!!

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
lol is that dragon`s den you talking about smile


Call it what you like.

I've invested money in a fair few start up businesses. Luckily more have succeeded than failed.

That's the risk though isn't it. I could have taken a 9-5 and settled down. I'd still be making above average money, but it wouldn't satisfy me. Different strokes/different folks.

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
One of my mates informed me the other day that his wife had made him a millionaire. He said, before he met her-he was a multi-millionaire!!
raftl raftl raftl

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
One of my mates informed me the other day that his wife had made him a millionaire. He said, before he met her-he was a multi-millionaire!!


Isn't that the truth.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 279
Addict
Offline
Addict
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 279
Quote
I could go on, but I won't.

phew, grin

Good that some people are fortunate enough to not to have to take a risk.
I know people who have access to "bank of mum and dad" and they know they can always fall back on mummy and daddy.
I'm going to make sure my kids understand that money has to be earned.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,600
Wiki Addict
Offline
Wiki Addict
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,600
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
One of my mates informed me the other day that his wife had made him a millionaire. He said, before he met her-he was a multi-millionaire!!
raftl raftl raftl
raftl :r:omg

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by JonRon
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
LOL Please don`t


This sort or response shows me why you're not an entrepreneur and will never make anything of yourself.

Some people are cut out for life and some just float along, happy with what they have.


Just because someone isnt an entrepreneur does not mean thay wont make something of themsleves life isnt about sitting in pools of cash from some big career...... i float along with life and am very happy laugh

Last edited by Sillymoo; 10th Jan 2012 10:00pm.

Dont Cry Over Spilt Milk
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,312
Originally Posted by JonRon
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
LOL Please don`t


This sort or response shows me why you're not an entrepreneur and will never make anything of yourself.

Some people are cut out for life and some just float along, happy with what they have.
Just show`s ,you know nothing

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Enthusiast
Offline
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by Peanut
Quote
I could go on, but I won't.

phew, grin

Good that some people are fortunate enough to not to have to take a risk.
I know people who have access to "bank of mum and dad" and they know they can always fall back on mummy and daddy.
I'm going to make sure my kids understand that money has to be earned.


Yeah, some people are fortunate enough. I know a couple.

Poor kids... when I have kids, that I bring into the world, they will have the benefit of a successful father and I will give them everything I possibly can, whilst ensuring they understand the value of money.

I appreciate that sometimes a father can't offer all they would have wanted to their children.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 … 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
_Ste_
_Ste_
Skid Row
Posts: 16,348
Joined: August 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,310 CW Chat room thread
6,016,760 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,134 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5