WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,396
Posts1,033,457
Members14,642
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 10,402 guests, and 531 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,797
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
cjclow05, Fethon, Simonwood, Andymac06, jamesc97
14,642 Registered Users
New General Forums
Magnet fishing
by Dilly - 2nd Oct 2017 11:43am
New Wirral History
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 8
granny 5
Topic Replies
More Bins
by diggingdeeper - 25th Jul 2024 5:13am
Magnet fishing
by Tomcra - 23rd Jul 2024 12:33pm
What are you currently reading?
by derekdwc - 23rd Jul 2024 12:22pm
Birkenhead tip on fire
by diggingdeeper - 14th Jul 2024 8:44pm
Parking
by diggingdeeper - 14th Jul 2024 8:38pm
mattress scam
by steviebyday - 10th Jul 2024 6:33pm
Russia
by diggingdeeper - 8th Jul 2024 8:56pm
Brexit - A Few Years On
by diggingdeeper - 8th Jul 2024 3:07pm
July
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
chiccy 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#595646 6th Oct 2011 4:38pm
Wench Offline OP
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
OP Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
That's the only details I have for you at the moment. It's not looking good so try to avoid the area if you can frown

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Google Ads
F
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
F
Its bad that road for speeding, And i Suppose the weather dont help. Hope all are ok.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
A lad I went to school with crashed down there years ago. He only had one hand and had a knob on the steering wheel to steer with.

He lost control and it was pretty bad by all accounts.

The only amusing thing was that they spend 30 mins looking for his hand, the fire service thought he'd lost it in the accident.

He's OK now though which is why it's OK to have a chukle.

I hope everyone involved in this one is as fortunate.

Wench Offline OP
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
OP Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
It's the middle section, in the national speed limit area if that helps anyone.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Is it still NSL? Wasn't aware there was any NSL's left on the Wirral. I think it's a 50 now and if you are doing anything near that speed then it's very hard to crash, wet or not.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Seem to remember some new speed limit signs there.

Strange things happen on that road.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
A TEENAGE boy was killed in a rush hour car crash which left six people in hospital.

The crash happened on Telegraph Road, Thurstaston, just after 4pm when a beige Micra collided with a black Ford Fiesta.

The sixteen-year-old was taken to hospital but died a short time later.

A further six occupants, from both cars, were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital where three of them remain critical.

The road remained closed more than three hours later as accident investigators gathered evidence.

Severe tailbacks were reported stretching from the Cottage Loaf pub in Heswall to West Kirby, near to Caldy Golf Club.

Police, fire and paramedics remained at the scene.

Anyone who witnessed the accident or has information is asked to call the roads policing unit on 0151 777 5444

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...car-crash-100252-29553739/#ixzz1a1wdSXXc

Last edited by Softy_Southerner; 6th Oct 2011 8:09pm.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I am so sorry to read this.

Very sad. Such a waste

Maggie

The NSL starts as you leave the roundabout heading towards Heswall.

Maggie

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Very, very sad.

Being the sort of person I am, I'll bet either the black fiesta was full of young lads or the beige micra was driven by an old person.

F
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
F
Very said.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Was this the section where the 60 goes to the new roundabout?

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Sorry 40 now I think it is smirk

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Newbeee
Newbeee
really feel bad for all those familys involved in this, i use that part of the wirral alot:((

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
More than one has died.

Calday pupils.

I'll let you know more as I am given it.

F
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
F
frown

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Last edited by Mark; 7th Oct 2011 1:56pm.
Wench Offline OP
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
OP Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by AlexB
More than one has died.

Calday pupils.

I'll let you know more as I am given it.

I know you don't need telling, but please don't mention names or any identifying details. Not all family etc may have been notified as yet.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I'm being given the info by my bro who has a mate who works at the school. Apologies if it's not 100% accurate.

Regardless, it sounds horrendous and my best wishes go out to all those involved.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Wench

I know you don't need telling, but please don't mention names or any identifying details. Not all family etc may have been notified as yet.

Of course not.

Coming from Heswall to Thurstaston, there is only one national speed limit sign and this is often obscured.There should, by law, be two signs to indicate speed change from,in this case, a 30mph zone into a national speed limit.I use this road often and find older people driving at 30mph (probably because they must have missed the speed change sign) and this in itself causing other people to overtake to the correct speed.Really, reducing the speed isn`t going to help.Speed limits are always a maximum anyway. Proposed new laws reducing number of teenage passengers in a teenage drivers car sounds a really good idea as does the 7pm curfew.Sadly too late in this case and if it was this that "caused" it.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
This happened by the roadworks though, so we can't speculate on what happened just yet.

Also, I'm convinced 'the lanes' are not NSL anymore.

I got it wrong originally and it's a 16 year old who has died. A really nice lad too, it's never the scrotes.

The driver of the car in which the passenger died and 2 other people are still critical.

A sad day.

This happened by the roadworks though, so we can't speculate on what happened just yet.

Also, I'm convinced 'the lanes' are not NSL anymore.

I got it wrong originally and it's a 16 year old who has died. A really nice lad too, it's never the scrotes.

The driver of the car in which the passenger died and 2 other people are still critical.

A sad day.

Nowhere near the road works (40mph BTW).
Definately on the 3 s`s on a NSL road.NSL starts just past the roundabout towards Heswall (2 signs this end but only one sign form Hewsall to Thurstaston) Saw the area where the crash was when passing this morning.

Last edited by OkeyCokey; 7th Oct 2011 8:51am.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Just goes to show that even hearing directly from my bro who was texting someone who was there that things can be wrong.

Just goes to show that even hearing directly from my bro who was texting someone who was there that things can be wrong.

Predicitive text no doubt.....

Smartchild
Smartchild
If it was the same black ford fiesta that was driving around west kirby yesterday im not surprised car full of lads driving like an idiot......

sympathy to those concerned no one deserves that .......but if mummy and daddy buy these kids a two litre ford fiesta st when they obviuosly havent enough experience

sorry if this sounds insensative but i think that like motorbikes you should be restricted to smaller engine cars when you first pass.

Last edited by Lord_of_the_M53; 7th Oct 2011 10:11am.

always watching
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Nothing to do with the size of the engine, the Renault 5 Gt is a 1.4, strap a turbo on and it becomes a rocket.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Beginner
Beginner
Originally Posted by Lord_of_the_M53
If it was the same black ford fiesta that was driving around west kirby yesterday im not surprised car full of lads driving like an idiot......

sympathy to those concerned no one deserves that .......but if mummy and daddy buy these kids a two litre ford fiesta st when they obviuosly havent enough experience

sorry if this sounds insensative but i think that like motorbikes you should be restricted to smaller engine cars when you first pass.

Yup... it sounds insensitive, though some is perhaps appropriate for a separate thread on traffic concerns in general... I stumbled across this thread/forum and having two boys at Calday am privy to more information than is here... a boy of 17 lost his life and there are 6 other people who are injured... 2 remain in ITU... I am amazed and disappointed at the "speculation" and misinformation that has been written by some...

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by EsoxLucius
I am amazed and disappointed at the "speculation" and misinformation that has been written by some...

We do have this discussion every time a 'sensitive' subject comes up. I imagine you're referring to me with the misinformation for which I apologise. I'm the first to shout rumour or 'back it up' at times like this.

Also happens to be quite a sensitive subject personally when we talk about young lads driving round like idiots. I have lost a couple of friends and people I went to school with in car accidents (all Calday boys as well), one was the driver being a plonker and one was a genuine accident.

All young lads pass their test and think they are invincible, it's a fact of life, they think because they've done a few hours of lessons and shown they can reverse around a corner that their driving experience is top notch.

The thing is that you continue 'learning' to drive up until the day you hang up your license.

I did hear on the news this morning that the black Fiesta involved lost both it's doors on 'one side of the car' so that would suggest it wasn't an ST. Again, its not unheard of for the news to get things wrong!

However, Lord_of_the_M53, I would suggest that you contact the police regarding what you saw because if this lad was driving like a loon then they will need as much evidence as possible to back up their case. If it's proved that he was being stupid and that it directly lead to this accident then I'm afraid that if he pulls through he's going to be in some serious trouble.

Obviously my best wishes are with all the victims and their family and friends as I know exactly what they will be going through at this point.

Smartchild
Smartchild

Yup... it sounds insensitive, though some is perhaps appropriate for a separate thread on traffic concerns in general... I stumbled across this thread/forum and having two boys at Calday am privy to more information than is here... a boy of 17 lost his life and there are 6 other people who are injured... 2 remain in ITU... I am amazed and disappointed at the "speculation" and misinformation that has been written by some...

Just making an observation thats all like i said no one deserves this to happen to them.
having lost a friend of mine when i was 17 for a very similar incident.
oh and welcome to wiki by the way

always watching
Beginner
Beginner

However, Lord_of_the_M53, I would suggest that you contact the police regarding what you saw because if this lad was driving like a loon then they will need as much evidence as possible to back up their case. If it's proved that he was being stupid and that it directly lead to this accident then I'm afraid that if he pulls through he's going to be in some serious trouble.

And what if it was another black fiesta with a lot of lads in...? I suspect that many lives will have been ruined by yesterday's tragic event and no amount of law enforcement etc deserved or otherwise will turn the clock back... Having two teenage boys... well there but for the grace of God etc!

There is a photo of the cars at the scene on the Daily Post website... and the fact it has "lost" its doors and the roof panels off both cars might suggest that the fire service may well have had a hand in the "lost" doors.

The quality of reporting sometimes... leads to varied interpretation!

Last edited by EsoxLucius; 7th Oct 2011 11:16am.
Beginner
Beginner
Cheers LOTM53...

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Then the police will disregard the info. It'll be a thorough investigation and not a case of 'some bloke said they saw a black Fiesta 4-up in West Kirby driving like a knob so he must be guilty.

But they'll have witness statements from lots of people on the scene and they'll piece it all together. As an example I know of someone who had a crash and seriously injured a motorcyclist.

3 cars back was a bloke who had been overtaken by him earlier in the journey who was able to describe in detail just how he'd been driving prior to the accident. They're able to get a good impression of what has happened that way and before anyone jumps on me I'm in no way suggesting the driver was being a knob behind the wheel.

Originally Posted by Daily Post
The Fiesta had also lost both doors on the driver’s side.

Wasn't a Fiesta ST then.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I'd also like to add that although I didn't know him personally, we have mutual friends and I can see how it's affecting everyone so let's not lose sight of the fact a young boy has lost his life.

RIP Jonny Brown.

F
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
F

And what if it was another black fiesta with a lot of lads in...? I suspect that many lives will have been ruined by yesterday's tragic event and no amount of law enforcement etc deserved or otherwise will turn the clock back... Having two teenage boys... well there but for the grace of God etc!

There is a photo of the cars at the scene on the Daily Post website... and the fact it has "lost" its doors and the roof panels off both cars might suggest that the fire service may well have had a hand in the "lost" doors.

If your sons had died in that crash you would want the police to do everything they can to find out what happen. I know I would, do you have something to tell us abou the black car to me it seems you don't like the fact someone has said go the police with what they had seen. M53 go the police like Alex has said...

Forum Master
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Daily Post
The Fiesta had also lost both doors on the driver’s side.

Wasn't a Fiesta ST then.

Looking at picture on the Daily Posts website It's a 3 door

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by polo_phil

Looking at picture on the Daily Posts website It's a 3 door

I may be being stupid but I can't see a picture of the car on the website, I just see a picture of a police car and a police van.

Forum Master
Forum Master

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Thanks.

It's a 3 door but it's still not an ST.

Wrong wheels and the door strips aren't colour coded.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Phoned and reported

always watching
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Phoned and reported

Well done.

F
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
F
Phoned and reported

Great stuff mate thumbsup it may be nothing but best to report it wink

Smartchild
Smartchild
i honestly hope its not related and it was a genuine accident and no one is to blame

always watching
Beginner
Beginner
Sounds like an accident just waiting to happen :

Ford Fiesta with four youths in it & being driven by a 17 year old vs. Nissan Micra with two women aged 83 and 84 (one of whom was driving) on a well known accident black spot.

So sad for all concerned.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Ozzy666
Ford Fiesta with four youths in it & being driven by a 17 year old.

3x 17 year olds and a 12 year old.

I'm told the 12 year old was his brother, Harry.

I hope to God this doesn't turn out any worse for the family.

#596308 7th Oct 2011 12:09pm
Beginner
Beginner
Originally Posted by Frog_Eyes

If your sons had died in that crash you would want the police to do everything they can to find out what happen. I know I would, do you have something to tell us abou the black car to me it seems you don't like the fact someone has said go the police with what they had seen. M53 go the police like Alex has said...

Frog Eyes... I couldn't agree more... and if LOTM53 can confirm the ID of the vehicle... that's great... more pieces to the jigsaw and all that...

No what I dislike is a lack of sensitivity and disregard for all involved...

Beginner
Beginner
Originally Posted by Ozzy666
Ford Fiesta with four youths in it & being driven by a 17 year old.

3x 17 year olds and a 12 year old.

I'm told the 12 year old was his brother, Harry.

I hope to God this doesn't turn out any worse for the family.

I couldn't agree more with you... my thoughts are with all those involved in this tragic accident...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
One of the old ladies has died this morning.

Serenity,courage,wisdom.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Involuntary manslaughter.

Rip

Putin khuilo
Guardian
Guardian
terrible news

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Oh shit.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Me and one of my good friends is related to this incident and to those that have passed and those who are in hospital so can we please keep this topic as gentle as we can. Thank you!

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
Forum Master
Forum Master
Nikki, I think the problem is with topics like this is that when we are detached from it we chat about it as though it's a semi-private conversation down the pub, and forget that minutes, days or even years later someone will read this who was close to it and no matter how "lightly" a comment was made will feel offended by it.

I think that will always be the problem with local news on a local site, but I can't see how it will ever change.

This accident has both ends of the spectrum, the end of full lived and the end of one just beginning, I'm sure our thoughts are with all of the families involved.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
It's also the morbid curiosity, natural human instincts.

I've been on both sides.

Beginner
Beginner
Originally Posted by john1
One of the old ladies has died this morning.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9293474.One_dead_and_six_injured_in_car_crash_tragedy/ this is the problem with internet forums... misinformation! Doesn't do anyone any favours...

Forum Master
Forum Master
UPDATE:
Merseyside Police can confirm an investigation is underway into a road traffic collision in Heswall that occurred yesterday afternoon (Thursday, 6 October) after which a 17-year-old boy (not 16, as previously stated) died. Emergency services were called just before 4pm to Telegraph Road to a report that two vehicles, a black Ford Fiesta and a beige Nissan Micra, had
been in collision.

A 17-year-old, who was a passenger in the Fiesta, was taken to hospital by ambulance where he later died.

A further four people in the vehicle, three aged 17 and one aged 12, were also taken to hospital. Two of the 17-year-olds are being treated for serious
internal injuries the other 17-year-old is being treated for facial injuries. The 12-year-old is being treated for injuries to his right leg and left arm.

The two women from the Nissan Micra, aged 82 and 84, were taken to hospital and remain in a critical condition.

Police, Fire Service and Paramedics attended the scene and the road was closed in both directions for a short period of time.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing.

Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 5444.

Source

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Someone at work said that the Corsa crossed the double white line, may not be true!

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Fiesta and micra involved,no mention of corsa!

Every dog has its day!
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Oh sorry PP,it must have been a Fiesta!

Newbeee
Newbeee
[quote=AlexB]Is it still NSL? Wasn't aware there was any NSL's left on the Wirral. I think it's a 50 now and if you are doing anything near that speed then it's very hard to crash, wet or not.

No its still national, i drive it a lot with my students, and i try to drum in to them that a speed limit is a maximum, not a target, just cos its 60 doesn't mean its safe to do that speed, an what speed you do do on that road can alter depending on the weather and conditions. Just cos they drive down it on a clear dry sunny day at 55 doesn't mean they can drive that speed down it on a dull dark raining day, you choose your speed based on the conditions, (light weather, road surface, trafic volume etc) even at slow speeds it not hard to crash, even if the other car was in the wrong, you can still avoid most incidents by tailoring your own driving. I believe one died the other 3 are critical.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by phk68bay
No its still national, i drive it a lot with my students, and i try to drum in to them that a speed limit is a maximum, not a target, just cos its 60 doesn't mean its safe to do that speed

Well thats bullshit as i failed my 1st test due to low confidence (low confidence my ass as i`ve been driving since i was 15) and i was doing the speed limit.

I was driving as you should and i got failed due to low confidence!!!! confused
So, i went with chris kelly and they said there was nothing wrong with my driving and to put my foot down on my test and wallah! i passed!

All my ass, it`s all about the money!!!

I`m an idiot on the road but i bet i`m a better driver than most of you test instructers wink

Peace out! laugh

Mind you, you do drive around in go-carts no

Putin khuilo
Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
i failed for speeding on a bend.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by beer_money
i failed for speeding on a bend.

Have a beer smile

Putin khuilo
Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
no ta lol

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Bend off then!

Putin khuilo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
This forum is supposed to reflect the views of people who have a sympathetic side to them,and not how you pass your driving test.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Just a thought Ste,how can you be an idiot on the road yet still a better driver than a qualified, experienced,trained driving instructor? What is your perception of a "Good" driver?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The key is to avoid undue hesitation. Some drivers are so slow they should not be on the road.
Theres a lot more to driving than just what you get on your driving lessons, if you want to learn more mate get involved with advanced driving.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by puntoar
The key is to avoid undue hesitation. Some drivers are so slow they should not be on the road.
Theres a lot more to driving than just what you get on your driving lessons, if you want to learn more mate get involved with advanced driving.
Been there ,done that,got the badge!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I ignore speed limits generally.

I drive according to weather as well as the limitations of both my own skill and the limits of my car.

I could drive at NSL down those bends (from start to finish) in almost any conditions and not crash.

5-up in a fiesta, maybe not.

Newbeee
Newbeee
I AM a instructor for Chris kelly driving school!! and we tell you to drive to the conditions, whether that be lower or up to the speed limit its the conditions that dictate your speed, an i dont dissagree you may have driven slow on your first test due to incorrect info an we teach when conditions allow yes drive to the limit, and when a student is driving too slow we do tell them to get a move on. Ohh an how can you have been driving since you were 15 thats illegal unless you were on private land. not many people admit they drive like an idiot so fair play!!

Newbeee
Newbeee
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Just a thought Ste,how can you be an idiot on the road yet still a better driver than a qualified, experienced,trained driving instructor? What is your perception of a "Good" driver?

haha yes thank you, i agree with you (just didnt want to say it myself)

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Well thats bullshit as i failed my 1st test due to low confidence (low confidence my ass as i`ve been driving since i was 15) and i was doing the speed limit.

Ditto. I did 35 on a 40 road and 20 on some estate roads and I failed for not "keeping up with the speed and flow of traffic". It really pees me off when the gov goes on about the speed limit not being a target and all these 20 zones.

During the retest I got the same examiner, I drove everywhere at bob on the limit and even left one hand on the gearstick and got a clear pass.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I AM a instructor for Chris kelly driving school!! and we tell you to drive to the conditions

Thats what I do.

Sometimes 20 in a 30 and sometimes 120 in a 70.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GROW UP!!!No wonder we have awful accidents.

Last edited by parkgater; 9th Oct 2011 6:46pm.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I AM a instructor for Chris kelly driving school!! and we tell you to drive to the conditions

Thats what I do.

120 in a 70? Are you sure?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by parkgater
GROW UP!!!No wonder we have awful accidents.

There's an app for that. smile On a serious note at least he admits it, I bet you have never done anything wrong in your life eh?

I was driving illegally before I passed my test, nothing to be proud of but you learn as you get older.
I use the term "idiot" as that being what other normal drivers would probably class me as due to my driving techniques.

Putin khuilo
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Pepper_Head

Thats what I do.

Yep - done 155 a few times too.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
[quote=phk68bay]I AM a instructor for Chris kelly driving school!! and we tell you to drive to the conditions

Thats what I do.

[/quote]

Probably not the best thread to show off about how fast you can drive.

Old Hand
Old Hand
[quote=phk68bay]I AM a instructor for Chris kelly driving school!! and we tell you to drive to the conditions

Thats what I do.

[/quote]

Bellend

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Only stopped at 155 as my car is limited to 155.

Damn sight safer than 40 in a 30 past a school too.

Wise One
Wise One
Most drivers will SPEED at times, I would guess that it's around 80% that have so no lectures from me about speeding.

But please can we leave this topic about the terrible accident and not a testostrone thread about bragging about speeds. Lives have been lost and some on here are being disrespectfull.

Ste as you are a Mod I find it strange some of the comments you have made on this topic, surely you should be showing an example?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Mods are mods, and he's not overstepped any marks.

He's allowed to have his say, same as the rest of us.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
why brag about speeding on this thread.......consider the family

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by paulph1972

We all feel for the family. But nobody suggested speed or poor driving was the cause?

Wise One
Wise One
Originally Posted by paulph1972

We all feel for the family. But nobody suggested speed or poor driving was the cause?

I have seen, It's a bad road for speeding etc etc, the way this topic has gone is disrespectfull.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I think maybe a new thread should be created for kids to brag about how fast they can go. I feel for the families of this tragic accident.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Brag?!

Speed doesn't kill.

Inappropriate speed kills.

155 on the motorway with no other cars nearby in a car built for it is safer than 40 in a 30 past a school.

Fact.

Yeah, it's off topic, but incidents like this always bring this subject up.

Newbeee
Newbeee
in a way i must agree a bit with alexb it is inappropriate speed that causes the problems, and yes these things do always bring this subject up. But i also agree with we should leave the subject now.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
But i also agree with we should leave the subject now.

I'll go with that.

Smartchild
Smartchild
But i also agree with we should leave the subject now.

I'll go with that.

this thread was news updates not about speed tests.
let it go !

I am too old for this lark !!!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
This Thead Has Gone off topic.

Topic Closed

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
More Bins
by diggingdeeper - 19th Jul 2024 11:05am
Parking
by Excoriator - 14th Jul 2024 12:29pm
Election 2024
by diggingdeeper - 5th Jul 2024 8:08am
New Brighton front question
by robin47 - 4th Jul 2024 2:49pm
Brexit - A Few Years On
by diggingdeeper - 2nd Jul 2024 12:33pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
kimpri
kimpri
birkenhead
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Parking
by Excoriator - 14th Jul 2024 12:29pm
iphone signal vanished
by muzzy2 - 27th Jun 2024 9:35am
Clinic on Tollemache Rd by Nannygoats mountains
by Bluesman - 13th Nov 2023 6:28pm
News : New Topics
More Bins
by diggingdeeper - 19th Jul 2024 11:05am
Election 2024
by diggingdeeper - 5th Jul 2024 8:08am