Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,365
Posts1,033,330
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (Benieclaws, 1 invisible), 10,139 guests, and 712 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Looking for an old engine
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:11pm
Car paint jobs
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:09pm
Wanted Gardener
by kimpri - 27th Apr 2024 6:45am
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Please people, can we not go down the road of 'if youre not shouting Hang Em all!' and waving a pitchfork, you must be one yourself?
To accuse someone of being a closet sex offender just because they are putting up an argument against vigilante action etc, does by no means make them a sympathiser or even a perpetrator.

This sort of topic is by its nature an incredibly emotive subject, but please no slurs or whispers.Otherwise it sounds like the curse of our generation, cyber bullying.

Google Ads
Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by ad3000
Please people, can we not go down the road of 'if youre not shouting Hang Em all!' and waving a pitchfork, you must be one yourself?
To accuse someone of being a closet sex offender just because they are putting up an argument against vigilante action etc, does by no means make them a sympathiser or even a perpetrator.

This sort of topic is by its nature an incredibly emotive subject, but please no slurs or whispers.Otherwise it sounds like the curse of our generation, cyber bullying.

Some of the arguements have been more than just an anti CHRIS stance , and these have quite rightly been picked up and commented on by a lot of users...ok

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The bit about nothing wrong with having sexual thoughts about children is truly worrying. Isn't that all how it starts? I don't know whether these two are just trolls but if they are serious it is really really worrying.

Last edited by davaw1; 9th May 2011 2:40pm.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I suppose the same could be said about weed being a gateway drug, realistically it's just not always true. I suppose it's plausible that there could be people who would never take it any further than their thoughts.

-----
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by ex0__
I suppose the same could be said about weed being a gateway drug, realistically it's just not always true. I suppose it's plausible that there could be people who would never take it any further than their thoughts.

I guess you could say in the same way as there's people who consider lynching/killing every known paedophile/sex abuser, but few actually do, because at the end of the day, they know right from wrong.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
How complex, now we're talking about a right way to do wrong behaviour and a wrong way to do wrong behaviour think

-----
Newbeee
Newbeee
[/quote]Born2die was the one joking about it right? Those who forgive move on in their lives...fact.
[/quote]
I joked about what? Are you serious you fruit loop. I dont joke about anything to do with dirty nonces OR there sympathisers.
I could end up on a list for inciting violence? Hows that? All I said is what I would like done to them, pretty much what most "normal" people think and while were on the subject nonce lover, most "normal" people dont think sexually about children. We who have children would kill for them if someone tries to harm them. That is normal. It is human nature so take your pretend intelect and shove it.
Do you know who you remind me of when your talking of circumcision to boys? Jonathan King. He had a similar argument for muslim girls being circumsised a few years ago when he was defending his paedaphilia so you are very worrying.
And if what i am saying is wrong, then get the two of us against a wall and give a right thinking person with a .38 , 1 bullet and tell him he MUST plug either me or you. Give him the story of the person defending the rights of children (me) and the person defending the rights of the nonces (you). Now tell me, who do you think will be the one walking away from the wall happy as larry? thats right you tool, ME.
To compare paedaphilia with gay people is wrong. homosexuals do not hurt anyone with there thoughts and actions same as hetros.
A nonce however, does hurt people. He hurts the children and stops them from having any sort of decent childhood becasue most of the happy times of the childhood memorys are destroyed thanks to the abuser. The abused child as he grows up are left feeling confused, guilty, hurt, depressed, angry, violent and most times suicidal. There families are left ruined too. They are the ones that pick up the pieces and they end up feeling guilty and hurt.
Now Mr clever cloggs, still think paedaphilia is a thing we should just get on with?
I hope you left your email adress when you signed up here or your ip address is tracked, becasue never mind inciting violence, you my nonce loving friend have used your "intelligence" to spout pro paedaphilia support.
[censored].

Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by davaw1
The bit about nothing wrong with having sexual thoughts about children is truly worrying. Isn't that all how it starts? I don't know whether these two are just trolls but if they are serious it is really really worrying.

Trolls i think , well , certainly one of them...the other is genuinely worrying

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Now we are comparing the thoughts of a paedophile to the thoughts of a recreational drug user?

I think someone having thoughts of having sex with a child is alot diffrent to someone thinking about smoking a joint.

Newbeee
Newbeee
I think ex0 is an old hippy at heart with too much time on her hands. I know she believes paedaphilia is wrong dont you ex0, but she just doesnt agree with the mob mentality which is fair enough I suppose. I dont agree with her but thats what living in a democracy is all about. Some people like ex0 wouldnt understand the impact child abusers have on the abused. She is either childless or thankfuly never been a victim of abuse i think. If im wrong ex0, please tell us all so we can understand were you are coming from otherwise people will think your just sticking up for the nonces, wether thats right or wrong is up for debate but unless you tell us why you think the way you do.
Now Exposer is a different story. Hes one caged animal waiting to be released from his cage. I genuinly hope one of the mods have checked his email address and ip address because he needs an eye kept on him.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by born2die
I genuinly hope one of the mods have checked his email address and ip address because he needs an eye kept on him.

What good would that information be (it would take 2 seconds to set up a proxy, should the person wish to remain anonymous, setting up a spoof email address is even easier - I deal with the fallout of hackers and the like regularly and I can tell you, an IP address does not help you trace anyone with any IT knowledge, because its pretty simple to work around it), and how would the mods be able to "police" his behaviour off the forums?

Are you expecting them to go to local police station and hand in his IP address and email address, and inform them that they suspect he will commit a crime, or should be watched? The police might even pass it on to CEOP (if they can be arsed) but that's about all that will happen. The moderators are here to moderate discussion and liaise with members to help avoid and resolve problems, not to be on the lookout for paedophiles and the like. The forum allows open discussion (within set rules, which I cannot see any user has breached in this thread, thus far), and that is what enables any forum to exist and work effectively.

I know this may be hard for non-IT peeps to comprehend, but an the strengths of knowing someone's IP address on a public forum is not all it's built up to be, and an email address means nothing.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by davaw1

Now we are comparing the thoughts of a paedophile to the thoughts of a recreational drug user?

I think someone having thoughts of having sex with a child is alot different to someone thinking about smoking a joint.

Way to miss the point entirely.

I was comparing the situations. You said that sex thoughts about children is how it all starts. I don't agree with that, I think some people can stop at that point. The same way that people that smoke weed (don't call it recreational like that makes it any less of a drug o.O) don't always end up doing heroin.

Basically you stated that because something can happen that inevitably means it will happen. I'm saying that's flawed logic and usually not true.

Last edited by ex0__; 9th May 2011 4:41pm. Reason: fallacies rock

-----
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by MattLFC
I know this may be hard for non-IT peeps to comprehend, but an the strengths of knowing someone's IP address on a public forum is not all it's built up to be, and an email address means nothing.

It is pretty funny when people on these forums claim that the mods have your IP and therefore have your address. idiot

-----
Newbeee
Newbeee
ok Matt, was only asking ffs.
Your not the only person in the world who runs a web forum so dont make out its such a drag to answer a simple question. No one as far as i know is asking you to police anything, just keep an eye on him.
I may be a newbie in here but im not a kid thats never used the internet either mate. I know a little about proxys and how easy it can be to swap ip address. I did it for a while on koptalk when they would boot me for using foul language. Bullsh!t really, but i couldnt sign up with a different name so i used an ip changer so it looked like i was signing in from argentina or china.

Last edited by born2die; 9th May 2011 4:49pm. Reason: coz
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Just for the record, I don't run any web forum (though I have, in the past, moderated/administered various forums that I participate within, run by others).

smile

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,795 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,018,131 Spotted!