Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (2 invisible), 11,645 guests, and 807 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I have both ps3 and xbox, I was always under the impression that most games, especially big games were built for xbox and ported to ps3 and pc. Some games such as gta and fallout have better graphics on the xbox. The xbox is a far games console than the ps3 but the ps3 is a better system. I have loads of friends on live who play very often, a few on psn who hardly ever play and I don't know anyone who plays pc games any more. All my old pc playing friends now play xbox.

[Linked Image]
I am a signature virus, copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
There has unfortunately been a trend recently (last couple years or so) of the AAA's being ported from consoles to PC. Sucks, but there's more xbox players than any other type of device at least for vidya. Originally though shooting games were built and designed for PC. That's why the large majority of competitive gaming is done on pc, especially shooting games. 5200 dpi mouse can't be beaten by a controller. I don't believe any game that is released on pc/xbox/ps3 has ever had better graphics on xbox or ps3 compared to a high end pc. It's simply not possible, especially since the cell processors and onboard graphics used just can't handle advanced settings.

It's easy to understand why Xbox is so popular as well. It repalces the need to understand and maintain a computer. As well as the fact that it's cheaper and a lot more painless for parents to buy their kids a box that plugs in and just works. I see that as a shame though, it's a culture almost wiped out =/ People would rather play a consolised version of a game than learn to use a PC. YMMV though, just my opinion.

It's very saddening to see games designed on the xbox and ported though. They nearly always fail terribly. Crysis2, Black Ops, Homefront, Dragon Age 2 just to name a few of the recent games that were designed on/for the big console market and then ported to pc were all awful. They are all sequels to PC games that were designed on PC and were fantastic (except homefront).

-----
8Bitguy
Unregistered
8Bitguy
Unregistered
ps3 home is now working smile

Z
zippy
Unregistered
zippy
Unregistered
Z
Psn is up and running in USA now peeps http://us.playstation.com/

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

-----
8Bitguy
Unregistered
8Bitguy
Unregistered
psn uk is now working smile

8Bitguy
Unregistered
8Bitguy
Unregistered
Details Of The Welcome Back Programme For SCEE Users

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Now that certain PSN services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming, it seems a good time to confirm what is being offered as part of the Welcome Back programme.

Once we restore PlayStation Store, which will be just a little while longer, you will have the opportunity to claim your Welcome Back gifts. Please note that the Welcome Back programme is only available for those countries with access to PlayStation Store*.

All existing PlayStation Network members will be able to access the following from PlayStation Store*:

Two PS3 games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation*

- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*

- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.

- For existing Music Unlimited subscribers, you will be given 30 days free subscription.

- We are working on a Welcome Back offer in PlayStation Home and will share that when it is confirmed.

I would like to thank all of the developers and publishers involved in this programme for their support in making this happen. We certainly couldn’t have done it without you.

You will be able to access this content once PlayStation Store comes back online and we are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and keep checking back on the blog for more information.
1.For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.
1.For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
2.For the German market, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not offer online gameplay functionality.
3.Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

8Bitguy
Unregistered
8Bitguy
Unregistered
We’re getting unverified reports that a way for someone to reset your PSN password apparently given just your PSN email and your date of birth has surfaced – more information here – and the ability to sign in online via the various PlayStation.com sites has just been removed.

This does happen on other sites, although generally you tend to get an email confirmation first which you need to click to reset your password. Nyleveia are assuming there’s some tricky URL manipulation going on.

We’re not entirely sure what’s happening, but from the site linked above (which is still updating) it looks like there may be a loop-hole remaining. Nyleveia suggested PSN users should change their email addresses as well as password, but obviously with the sign-in form currently down this isn’t possible.

It does appear that this only resets your password rather than changes it.

The PlayStationEU Twitter has, in the last few minutes, said that this is maintenence due to ISPs finally sending password reset emails from when the PSN stirred back into life. The EU forums have official information on the downtime although it doesn’t mention any of the above.

Nyleveia say they’ve contacted Sony.

We must stress that we have no other information on this other than what’s on Nyleveia.com, and their page has changed a couple of times adding and removing text.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Ex0 I for one would rather be a pc gamer but over the years I've spent lots of money upgrading graphics cards ect, now I spend most of my money on cars hence the reason I have an xbox.
The price of a half decient graphics card these days is ridiculous, I gave up when my last desktop went bang.
Also with the pc you can customise your games to have say what cars you want in gta. Awesome gaming on pc but also costly.

smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Z
zippy
Unregistered
zippy
Unregistered
Z
ffs psn down again

PlayStation Network is not available at present. This could be for a number of reasons including scheduled maintenance or essential updates and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you can continue to explore the world of PlayStation at eu.playstation.com.

Keep an eye on twitter.com/PlayStationEU for updates and the PlayStation Network bar at the top of the PC version of the site to find out when the service is back up and running.

http://uk.playstation.com/registration/unavailable/

Wise One
Wise One
Strange, I just came off it and it was fine.

Wise One
Wise One
shadow its down in the US hun where zipp is wink

\m/>.<\m/ Rock On!!!
Wise One
Wise One
It just keeps getting worse for Sony, Now apparantly PS3 FAT models are supposedly overheating due to the new firmware And LA Noire http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-18-firmware-3-61-causing-ps3s-to-overheat

Wise One
Wise One
Some of the PSN is back up and running now, you are prompted to change your password.

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever ...
8Bitguy
Unregistered
8Bitguy
Unregistered
There's still no sign of the PlayStation Store. Last week, we reported that Sony's development and publishing partners were given notice that the online marketplace may actually return today, May 24, instead of the previously announced deadline of May 31. It looks like PlayStation users will have to wait perhaps another week before they're able to access downloadable-content and games.Writing on the PlayStation Blog today, PlayStation social media manager Jeff Rubenstein stated that the store was still set to come back online sometime between now and May 31. "For those asking about the PlayStation Store, we?re still targeting restoration of all services by the end of this month," he wrote. "Contrary to reports, the Store will not be publishing today."Beyond the inability to download expansions for games like "Fallout: New Vegas," PlayStation Network users are also still unable to access their "welcome back" package contents. The program rewards PlayStation users with three free games ? out of a selection of five ? as compensation for the inconvenience of the network's outage and the possibility of their personal data being stolen.Rubenstein also noted that the PlayStation Network would be down from 8a.m. to 5p.m. PST today for maintenance. It's not immediately clear if the maintenance has anything to do with restoring the PlayStation Store, but it doesn't appear to be security related. The downtime will stop "some users" from being able to access the network, but the majority of you should still be able to play games online.While I don't believe today's downtime is anything related to a security problem (I hope), Sony is still having issues with hackers in other areas of the company.Reuters reports today that Sony websites in three countries have been hacked. The personal data of around 8,500 people was stolen from the company's Greek website in this latest intrusion. Will these problems ever end for Sony? ps i know this is from yesterday.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,655 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,018,018 Spotted!