WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,387
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 39,116 guests, and 697 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by DanLongman - 5th Jan 2012 4:42pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 6
Marie1 1
Topic Replies
A Trip Down Memory Lane (via Oxton Road)
by bert1 - 8th Oct 2026 6:00pm
Vape, Heads up
by diggingdeeper - 6th Oct 2026 7:56am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 … 9 10
dave_g #220692 11th Apr 2008 11:56pm
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,126
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,126
lol i no that feeling mate am the same i quite for 4 weeks then done me in after i had a few drinks so needed a smoke well gutted with my self


[Linked Image]
Google Ads
fordsteve #247497 12th Aug 2008 11:23am
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
I've tried to give up more times than I can count. Been a smoker for 22 years. Finally went to the Practice Nurse and got Champix - wish I'd gone ages ago!!!

Not smoked for 2 weeks now. Not been as narky as I was on the patches (baccy stuck to the sticky & tasted like crap when you lit it - maybe I was using them wrong). I think "really want a cig" and it's like the thought floats into my head then floats right out.

If anyone's really serious about giving up ask for the Champix. It's fantastic!


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wench #247502 12th Aug 2008 11:36am
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,002
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,002
Aceritz and Sanchez are both in the process of quitting with Champix - I belive its been over 2 months now.... omg

If You knew aceritz, how much he smoked, and what he was like without a ciggy, then you would see what a wonder drug it is raftl


What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
StuyMac #247508 12th Aug 2008 11:52am
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
I can vouch for that. I was 40 a day at one point and nobody spoke to me or looked at me when I gave up - I was somad


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wench #247510 12th Aug 2008 11:55am
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,002
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,002
raftl

somad - is a mild description for Aceritz, and could be used to describe him being hungry or slightly tired.

He was far more volitile without a smoke raftl


What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
StuyMac #257621 16th Sep 2008 11:23am
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
Just for future reference, in case it happens - what do I do after "doing the do" now I have given up smoking?? Do I call thee other party a taxi earlier or offer them a beverage perhaps?


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wench #257624 16th Sep 2008 11:26am
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,000
Awesome
Wiki Master
Offline
Awesome
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,000
You could try eating a banana - very good for replenishing energy stocks. Please do not try to smoke the banana.

MissGuided #257630 16th Sep 2008 11:31am
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
I see. I tried smoking banana skins when I was a teenager - just made my tongue curved and slippy omg What if I don't have a banana in the house?? Should we perhaps continue this in general chit chat raftl


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wench #257632 16th Sep 2008 11:33am
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,000
Awesome
Wiki Master
Offline
Awesome
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,000
I would say keep a bowl of fruit by your bed just in case. Carrot sticks even...

Yes - nothing to do with quitting any more.

Wench #257633 16th Sep 2008 11:33am
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
Wiki Veteran
Offline
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,019
quit with champix, it work very well for me and aceritz, also i might add join a gym or take up some form of regular hobby to help suppress the craving


Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Sanchez #257641 16th Sep 2008 11:41am
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
I've already given up with the Champix - just over 7 weeks now. It was just a general query really. A new hobby may be just the ticket thumbsup I have a cunning plan mwahhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wench #257643 16th Sep 2008 11:44am
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 776
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 776
smoking is bad ummkay!! noonoo raftl


WHY SO SERIOUS???
mike849 #257655 16th Sep 2008 12:07pm
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
I don't smoke anymore raftl and sometimes things that are bad for you are oh so much fun and goooooooooooooooooooood!!!!


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wench #257656 16th Sep 2008 12:07pm
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,000
Awesome
Wiki Master
Offline
Awesome
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,000
Originally Posted by PaganJay
I've already given up with the Champix - just over 7 weeks now. It was just a general query really. A new hobby may be just the ticket thumbsup I have a cunning plan mwahhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa


You could collect haunted dolls:
Haunted Dolly

MissGuided #257658 16th Sep 2008 12:09pm
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,620
NO, NO and erm NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! That's just wrong!!


Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 … 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
_Ste_
_Ste_
Skid Row
Posts: 16,348
Joined: August 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Popular Topics(Views)
10,908,147 CW Chat room thread
6,017,999 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,974 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5