Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,365
Posts1,033,330
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (Benieclaws, 1 invisible), 10,169 guests, and 704 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Looking for an old engine
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:11pm
Car paint jobs
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:09pm
Wanted Gardener
by kimpri - 27th Apr 2024 6:45am
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
jonah Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Anyone who honestly thinks the supermarkets do anything to help people needs their heads testing lol, as they are 100% switched on to getting every last penny out of you (not just Tesco or Asda either, they are all the same).

As ive said, I dont go out of my way to park in a p+c space (although I know a lot people that do, simply because they wont walk), and its very rare I actually do, I prefer to park further away and walk the distance to avoid the dogfight for spaces and waiting around for people at the front of car parks, but if I happen to see one empty I will use it.

And to be honest and fair to kids, its not actually the kids that I see walking across the car park lanes in front of traffic, its usually adults lol.

If the supermarkets really cared that much, they would have pathways going along the supermark, which to an extent they do, but people prefer to use the road a lot of the time, and also they dont have too many pathways as that means less spaces.

In Tesco in Bidston for instance, when I park in the second car park or the overflow, I get the luxury of s LOT more space, easier access to spaces, no dogfight, and a pathway that leads all the way into Tesco, which diminshes the argument for the need and help of p+c spaces. Families wont use that out of a choice however (they will if they are forced to, ie the car park is jam packed), I assume because its a bit further to walk, so I think there are two sides to this story and I believe that p+c spaces arnt the only option for families to have an "easier" and more pleasent shop, and are put there to make supermarkets look "parent and child" friendly to get more custom.

smile

so now i'm thick too and need my head examining... nice.....maybe, just maybe supermarkets do actually care about there shoppers as if they didnt, they wouldnt have a business, and maybe if they made all spaces just that little bit wider then the battle for the p&c spaces wouldnt be as bad as it is now...

[Linked Image]
http://www.myspace.com/jonah1974
[email protected]

"WELL MY NUTS ARE HALFWAY UP MY ASS, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I'M PERFECT.....! "
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by jonah
if they made all spaces just that little bit wider then the battle for the p&c spaces wouldnt be as bad as it is now...

I agree with that matey smile

But supermarkets only see £££ signs, and more spaces means they can handle more shoppers and this means more revenue/profit, so they cram in as many as they can.

frown

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
As a Father of 2 daugthers, both under 2, I dont care where the p&c space is postioned within the carpark, I just like to benefit from the wider space, as I have to fully open my door to take out the baby carrier, and then again to fasten it back in safely and securely, sure, I can do this in a normal space with a little struggling.

So Matty take this scenerio, all p&c spaces were removed and only Disabled and normal spaces remain, You park in a normal space and go about your shopping, a parent parks next to you, again in a normal sized space and struggles removing the baby carrier whilst only able to open the door to half capicity, in the struggle the car door is swung fully open colliding with the side of your car and damaging the paint, oopsy, would you be happy then, also private property so your insurance or their insurance doesnt cover it.

I never go shopping by myself with the babies, so if I cant get a p&c space, I will drop the mrs off with the kids near the door and then go and park up anywhere. or she will get out and get the babies out before I squeeze into a space, holding traffic up as we do.

my opinion is that Disabled spaces should be closest to the shop, then normal spaces, then wider p&c spaces. If the p&c spaces are the furthest away only people that need the extra width would use them.

I also think parents with kids that can strap themselves in shouldnt use them.

[Linked Image]
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Waddi
my opinion is that Disabled spaces should be closest to the shop, then normal spaces, then wider p&c spaces. If the p&c spaces are the furthest away only people that need the extra width would use them.

I also think parents with kids that can strap themselves in shouldnt use them.

That sounds pretty fair to me, and very true that if they were further away, people who shouldnt use them, wouldnt use them, and wouldnt feel like they are not getting equal treatment just because they dont have kids.

Also, the issue of when a person needs one and when a person doesnt is a bit touch and go, as ye pointed out, as soon as a kid can strap themselves in, they shouldnt really be using them, but many parents dont really care and just continue to anyway.

Along with the p+c spaces being further away from the store, many supermarkets would have to improve access paths to the store itself, when they exist, they are usually very low quality frown

I think the Tesco in Bidston could quite easily turn the overflow into a p+c only car park, nobody who doesnt have kids would park there through choice, and the overflow is always very empty anyway, with maybe 1 or 2 cars parked in each half at most times, and a direct path with shelter from the car park right the way to the store.

I know if I had kids, I would feel much safer getting them out of the car in the overflow car park, then the main car parks, as they are full of traffic, kid drops something and runs out to get it and gets hit by a car is always a very real possibility, in the overflow it doesnt have tons of traffic or morons treating it like a race track...

Also, by designating a whole section of a car park to p+c, they could realistically shut the car park off to people who dont carry p+c permits, by means of an automated system, or even a manual system.

smile

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
or like what already been posted, make all spaces wider.

[Linked Image]
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
some really good point been made here, nice to sit and read through it all !

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
thought you would be having trouble sitting.

[Linked Image]
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
raftl .... only if it was on the fence!!

I think Waddi's hit the nail on the head here. Having childeren, he is perfectly qualified in making his statement in that parents appreciate a bigger space to open doors, regardless of where they are in the car park. I belive they are closer as it helps parents with smaller childeren as they dont have to go as far accross a potentialy dangerous car park.

Ultimatly, I think its quite selfish how some people cant appreciate their use.

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by StuyMac
I belive they are closer as it helps parents with smaller children as they dont have to go as far across a potentialy dangerous car park.

IMHO the p&c area of a carpark is by far the most dangerous, as people will hang around waiting for a space, then when they see someone leaving or reverse lights coming on, they race for that space. especially TESCO in bidston, where its a one way system, they drive around the one way car park looking for a p&c space, and then see someone coming out of one in the rear view mirror, its then a race to get around the one way system and get to the space before someone else.

[Linked Image]
jonah Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by StuyMac
raftl .... only if it was on the fence!!

I think Waddi's hit the nail on the head here. Having childeren, he is perfectly qualified in making his statement in that parents appreciate a bigger space to open doors, regardless of where they are in the car park. I belive they are closer as it helps parents with smaller childeren as they dont have to go as far accross a potentialy dangerous car park.

Ultimatly, I think its quite selfish how some people cant appreciate their use.

which was my point in the first place mate... thats y i thought this deserved its own topic.. happy

[Linked Image]
http://www.myspace.com/jonah1974
[email protected]

"WELL MY NUTS ARE HALFWAY UP MY ASS, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I'M PERFECT.....! "
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,761 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,018,093 Spotted!