WikiWirral Wirral's Biggest Online Forum
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
3 members (1 invisible), 28,412 guests, and 678 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Think philmch is right.

Could well have been Fort Perch Rock. Anyone as old as me could easily get confused!

All I know is that I deffo saw it at New Brighton and am sure it was kept behind glass.

Google Ads
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,558
Forum Guardian
Offline
Forum Guardian
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,558
Originally Posted by geekus
Think philmch is right.

Could well have been Fort Perch Rock. Anyone as old as me could easily get confused!

All I know is that I deffo saw it at New Brighton and am sure it was kept behind glass.
Ye,Im sure the batmobile was in perch rock,

Don't know about being as old as you tho smile .


Does your vacuum suck? Get a Dyson!!


Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Cheeky bugger!

If I wanted insults I'd speak to my ex wife!!!


Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,487
Likes: 1
Green Meanie
Wiki Master
Offline
Green Meanie
Wiki Master
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,487
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Originally Posted by geekus
Think philmch is right.

Could well have been Fort Perch Rock. Anyone as old as me could easily get confused!

All I know is that I deffo saw it at New Brighton and am sure it was kept behind glass.
Ye,Im sure the batmobile was in perch rock,

Don't know about being as old as you tho smile .

found this bit smile

When I was ten in 1966, at the height of Batman mania, the Liverpool Echo reported that Fort Perch Rock (tourist atrraction in New Brighton) had bought the Batmobile. I could not contain myself, and spent the rest of the week cajoling and encouraging my mates to get the money together to go and do over to New Brighton to see the wonderous vehicle. cool


[Linked Image] Please do not adjust your mind, there is a slight problem with reality
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,551
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,551
TC your never that age.XXXX
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Originally Posted by geekus
Think philmch is right.

Could well have been Fort Perch Rock. Anyone as old as me could easily get confused!

All I know is that I deffo saw it at New Brighton and am sure it was kept behind glass.
Ye,Im sure the batmobile was in perch rock,

Don't know about being as old as you tho smile .

found this bit smile

When I was ten in 1966, at the height of Batman mania, the Liverpool Echo reported that Fort Perch Rock (tourist atrraction in New Brighton) had bought the Batmobile. I could not contain myself, and spent the rest of the week cajoling and encouraging my mates to get the money together to go and do over to New Brighton to see the wonderous vehicle. cool

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Sorry TC!!!

If I hadn't asked the question in the first place your secret would have been safe!

Wonder if the car was just a clever copy though?

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 311
Old Hand
Offline
Old Hand
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 311
Hi...I remember the batmobile being in the Fort Perch Rock in the late sixties ...I think it had 2 dummies sat in it (no pun intended) it wasn't behind glass (don't think so anyway) but I read on another forum somewhere that there were 7 bat mobiles made for the tv series.

But it was definitely there.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,195
Cheers torryman. At least part of what I remembered was right!

Just have to figure out a way of getting this thread back to the subject of New Brighton Pier now and away from Fort Perch Rock & the Batmobile!! Sorry folks...


Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,346
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,346
Yep, i sdaw the batmobile in the early 70`s at perch rock, and the `dummies` in the cockpit!!! was fascinated by this as a kid. wonder what happened to it?? Ive seen the one at `The Cars The Stars`, in the lake district!


IF IT HAS A HOSE THEN IM YOUR MAN

BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
[Linked Image]

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
[Linked Image]

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
[Linked Image] 1959

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45,164
[Linked Image]

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,056
Likes: 2
That last picture with the Golden Goose is how I remember it, good times.....

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,390
Likes: 4
Forum Master
Offline
Forum Master
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,390
Likes: 4
I remember as kids we used to go searching under the pier for dropped coins as the decking had gaps in between, found a half crown once but usually pennies and sixpences, then off to the arcades.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
_Ste_
_Ste_
Skid Row
Posts: 16,348
Joined: August 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,310 CW Chat room thread
6,016,760 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,134 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5