Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 25,835 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693543 16th May 2012 1:06am
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1
OP Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1
I've not seen a photo of St.Hugh's school,(The Yozzers),Park Road South,Birkenhead since leaving there in 1968, does anyone have an old photo lying about the house, I hated the place but I'd love to see it again.There are houses and flats built on the site, one road I think is St.Hugh's Close.

Last edited by yozzalad; 16th May 2012 1:10am. Reason: Clarification
Google Ads
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,222
Forum Veteran
Offline
Forum Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,222
I knew quite a few lads who went there.
Never knew where it was and would also like to see a pic of it
I think there was some rivalry between the "OSSES" and "HEMMY"

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,844
Likes: 33
Wiki Veteran
Offline
Wiki Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,844
Likes: 33
.

Attached Images
st hugh.JPG (174.28 KB, 74 downloads)

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.


Bertieone.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
There`s been a conspiracy in Wirral to eradicate any evidence that the place ever existed.

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 18
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 18
Parish Priest of Our Ladys Church Cavendish Street FR.Philip McGovern was a teacher at the school.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
I also went there in the early 60s and I have to say that I`ve only ever seen one photo of the place online; and that
was taken (over the wall) from Grange Road West and showed the main building halfway through demolition.
I never liked the place either, but it occupied a 5 year chunk of my time and I`d like to find a photo too.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,578
Likes: 39
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,578
Likes: 39
A couple of aerials of St Hugh's...


Attached Images
2020-01-30_182928.jpg (45.41 KB, 41 downloads)
2020-01-30_183035.jpg (35.59 KB, 41 downloads)
Last edited by diggingdeeper; 30th Jan 2020 7:36pm.

There's a real danger that the left will drag Britain back to the 1970s, with secure well-paid jobs, ample housing, properly-funded NHS and social care, free tuition, student grants, final salary pensions, affordable rail fares and fabulous films and music. David Osland 2025

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
I`d really like to see these jpg,s but when I click the links all I get is :-
"You do not have access to download this attachment."

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,578
Likes: 39
Wiki Master
Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,578
Likes: 39
Originally Posted by Birkenned
I`d really like to see these jpg,s but when I click the links all I get is :-
"You do not have access to download this attachment."


https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/subscriptions.html


There's a real danger that the left will drag Britain back to the 1970s, with secure well-paid jobs, ample housing, properly-funded NHS and social care, free tuition, student grants, final salary pensions, affordable rail fares and fabulous films and music. David Osland 2025

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
Newbeee
Offline
Newbeee
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
Many many thanks to the webmaster for those photos; that meant a lot.


Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral, Cheshire
Posts: 14,578
Joined: July 2008
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,087 CW Chat room thread
6,016,074 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,723,620 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5