Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,550
Posts1,034,385
Members15,032
Most Online244,501
May 17th, 2026
Who's Online Now
3 members (1 invisible), 27,013 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,270
granny 17,811
_Ste_ 16,348
Newest Members
FrankL, Stevan, Marie1, Macca75, Jessp
15,032 Registered Users
New General Forums
?? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ??????
by JunxinH - 29th Sep 2026 10:18am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
How long does it take to get money out on weekends
by JunxinH - 6th Sep 2026 5:18pm
New Wirral History
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
eli birkenhead market.
by cathcart - 8th Feb 2011 9:23pm
309 The Dell
by Mark - 29th Dec 2008 3:56pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 7
Topic Replies
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 2nd Oct 2026 6:13am
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
eli birkenhead market.
by Marie1 - 17th Sep 2026 4:25pm
309 The Dell
by diggingdeeper - 16th Sep 2026 4:18pm
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by missyb - 12th Sep 2026 3:44pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Mark - 11th Sep 2026 10:28pm
Mersey Barrage
by diggingdeeper - 11th Sep 2026 1:36pm
Family of Henry waring
by bert1 - 11th Sep 2026 9:38am
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by _Ste_ - 6th Sep 2026 3:30pm
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Mark 2
Top Likes Received
bert1 33
Mark 6
casper 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446

A mum was sacked from her job after refusing to polish the coffin of a depraved paedophile.

Sam Garner, who has 11 children and nine grandchildren, recognised depraved Glazebrook’s name when his body was brought to the McCallum and Tritton funeral home in Bootle , from Walton Prison in June.

She said she was horrified and disgusted asked to tend to the body of Kenneth Glazebrook.

The 88-year-old pervert was jailed in February for five years for ­molesting three young girls over three decades.

Glazebrook’s sickened family are joining in calls to have Sam, 50, reinstated.

Her bosses claim the incident was not the sole reason for her dismissal and that disciplinary action was ­already being taken against her before she made her stand.

The firm said: "She is being dismissed for outbursts of unreasonable ­behaviour and insubordination."

Sam said: “I find paedophiles abhorrent. I didn’t want to touch him.

“I know I have got to feed my children, but my values and my morals wouldn’t let me work with that man.”

The mugshot of paedophile Kenneth Glazebrook
Glazebrook’s sickened ­stepdaughter Sharon Sedwick, 62, of Wallasey sais she had not known of Glazebrook’s death and would not have attended his funeral.

She said: “This poor woman was ­completely within her rights not to tend to Kenneth’s coffin. I feel very sorry that she’s lost her job.

“The firm who sacked Sam should hang its head in shame.

“My stepdad’s actions have ­destroyed the lives of three innocent girls.

“He was a horrible, evil man. How could this ­woman, as a mum and a gran, treat him just like any other person?”

Glazebrook tried to hide his face from the cameras during court hearings in February that he attended on a mobility scooter.

Kenneth Glazebrook, 87, of Deveraux Drive, Wallasey admitted sexually abusing young girls. Pictured leaving courtKenneth Glazebrook, 87, of Deveraux Drive, Wallasey admitted sexually abusing young girls. Pictured leaving court
The ex -soldier admitted five counts of indecent assault when he was ­presented with the overwhelming evidence before his trial started at Liverpool crown court.

Sam told the ECHO's sister title the Sunday Mirror: “Normally I arrange funerals and look after the deceased in the chapel, so I straighten their clothes, put things in the coffin and polish the coffin.

“I told my boss that I would deal with his family but I would not have anything to do with him in the chapel.”

Haunted by harrowing thoughts of Glazebrook’s crimes, Sam said she was so distressed she was forced to take the next day off.

She then ­received a letter from management saying she was being called to a ­disciplinary meeting.

Bosses described her behaviour as “insubordinate” and she returned to work the following day in time for Glazebrook’s funeral.

McCallum and Tritton & Sons Independent Funeral Directors in Bootle
Despite the threat of disciplinary action, defiant Sam refused to ­compromise on her stance when asked take the paedophile’s walking stick into the chapel of rest.

She explained: “I have done a lot of children’s funerals and I just can’t bear to think about that horrible man going into the same chapel of rest where those poor children have to go.

“If people knew that that man had been in the same chapel as their loved ones... I just couldn’t do it.”

Sam says her full-time contract was terminated on the spot eight weeks after she was promoted from a ­part-time position.

Bosses at the family firm claim that the incident wasn’t solely the cause and they were already considering her position after a dispute over holiday allowance. Sam acknowledged that there had been a disagreement over a day she had booked off.

But she says she was was not ­disciplined until the day after she took her stance on Glazebrook several weeks later and insists her bosses are trying to back-pedal.

Sam Garner at home after being sacked
She said: “I obviously needed my job and I am going to struggle without it, but it wasn’t a difficult decision for me to say no.

“My work has never been ­questioned before. I have letters from families thanking me and praising my work. When I was made full-time I was told my work was excellent.

“I was on a high at the age of 50 after bringing up 11 children to get a fantastic job on my own merit but now I have been sacked.”

But Andrew Stone, a partner at McCallum and Tritton, said: “There was already a disciplinary in place before anything was mentioned about this funeral. She is being dismissed for outbursts of unreasonable ­behaviour and insubordination.”

William Eccleston, director of the National Federation of Funeral Directors, said: “Should the lady involved have had ­concerns, it would have been much more appropriate for her to have discussed these with her firm rather than simply refusing to carry out the job.

“People in the funeral ­industry have a duty to look after the needs of a lost one’s grieving families regardless of that person’s history.”


http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sacked-after-refusing-polish-paedophiles-11592981#rlabs=3%20rt$category%20p$1

People seem divided in opinion in the comments section

Google Ads
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,647
Wiki Guide
Offline
Wiki Guide
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,647
Very interesting to read , it sounds like the lady in question already had 'issues' in work ,but I agree that knowing the history of the man in question , I feel it is reasonable to NOT want to attend to him .

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,044
Forum Guardian
Offline
Forum Guardian
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,044
presented her bosses a golden opportunity to finally get rid of her. Hats off to her though.

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,385
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,385
And how many peados has she done without knowing, the funeral home is in Bootle not far from Walton Prison so they most get a few in, I thought that funeral homes had the same rules as hospitals where they have to treat everyone no matter what.

ps I'm playing the devil's advocate and in noway sticking up for peados (I'll lets them rot)

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
Would be interested to know what ethics and guidelines that Funeral Parlours have- if any?

I, totally understand and agree with the womans personal choice. In my view, ... like that should be just incarcerated with no 'care' from a funeral director. Just stick it in a bin and be done with....

However, the person is just a cadaver now,he was in the care of a Funeral Directors. How many cadavers has she dealt with whose values and opinions differed from her own?

There has to be a line drawn, somewhere.

If I worked in a Funeral Directors I too would not be too happy dealing with the corpses of certain groups of people HOWEVER I don't think it is acceptable to google 'clients' either....


Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,621
Forum Guardian
Offline
Forum Guardian
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,621
I agree Rude - the body is just a receptacle . Whatever made the man a paedo , is gone . The womans job is to wash the receptacle . Yes Miss, M , sounds like she already had crossed swords with the management with her own opinions on other things.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,446
“People in the funeral ­industry have a duty to look after the needs of a lost one’s grieving families regardless of that person’s History.”
William Eccleston, director of the National Federation of Funeral Directors

As already stated- I think that peados etc should just go in a bin/ skip

Did this filth have anyone forthcoming who would have wanted to see him in the Parlour of Rest? If so, then I can see why the Funeral Home would like his lid polished.

Last edited by RUDEBOX; 11th Jul 2016 12:11am.
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,634
Forum Addict
Offline
Forum Addict
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,634
Originally Posted by fish5133
presented her bosses a golden opportunity to finally get rid of her. Hats off to her though.


That my thoughts too


Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
Family of Henry waring
by Waring51 - 7th Sep 2026 9:39pm
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
Hind Street Gas Works area & Thomas Street
by Reno37 - 25th Nov 2013 1:37pm
For Sale & Free
Titan Saw Blade.
by BultacoAstro - 23rd Sep 2026 7:57am
Member Spotlight
Beaty59
Beaty59
Port Sunlight
Posts: 237
Joined: May 2009
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Vape, Heads up
by bert1 - 24th Sep 2026 10:46am
WikiWirral usage.
by Excoriator - 4th Jul 2026 7:52pm
Mersey Barrage
by Excoriator - 20th Sep 2024 10:43am
News : New Topics
New Enthusiast Forums
Deva Mental Asylum, Chester
by robbo_theman - 11th Oct 2008 11:06pm
Popular Topics(Views)
10,906,226 CW Chat room thread
6,016,729 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,724,082 Spotted!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5