Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 7:10am
Hit by a stolen vehicle following a burglary and police chase.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 7:59am
BBC News story on the terrible event:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-34441624
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 8:03am
Shocking RIP
Posted By: snowhite Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 8:36am
So sad this news.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 8:48am
Very sad indeed. I would not think it will be long before someone will be charged for this. Rip to a man just trying to do his job.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 8:58am
Really sad day .some nasty price of work is out on our streets r.I.p .
Posted By: casper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 9:11am
Apparently the police were standing on a traffic island after having deployed a stinger device, and the stolen Mitsubishi allegedly drove into them deliberately, news says its a murder hunt, sad news for the loss of a police officer doing his job,RIP
Posted By: Uffda Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 9:29am
His or her poor family and colleagues.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 9:48am
Absolutely awful for his family and friends and it sounds so deliberate too. RIP.
Posted By: Giggler Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 10:03am
R.I.P God bless his family.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 11:46am
Silly place to stand no way of getting out of its way
Posted By: TheComebackKid Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 11:52am
I hope they find the driver ASAP and that he doesn't get away with it
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 11:54am
Looks like the car tried to drive round the stinger.

Its getting worse out there!

Very sad for his family.
Posted By: cools Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 12:02pm
Tragic, two little kids without a dad. Just horrible..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 1:39pm
Looks like they targeted the estate agents to specifically steal the 4X4 truck, strange choice as the truck is quite distinctive being in red with gold writing all over it naming the estate agents.

I drove past the estate agents earlier last night, I keep on meaning to get a dash cam, would make my day to help catch sc^m like this.
Posted By: Santos Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 2:47pm
May he rest in peace.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 3:06pm
Hit by a Mitsubishi Warrior at speed mustn't have been pretty. frown
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 3:18pm
Agreed .. very sad,I have a feelin they`ll be caught before the weeks out.
Posted By: Santos Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 3:55pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone

I sincerely hope you are right and would urge anyone who hears anything no matter how trivial they think it is to tell the Police immediately. These low life don't deserve to be free.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 4:24pm
Originally Posted by Santos

I sincerely hope you are right and would urge anyone who hears anything no matter how trivial they think it is to tell the Police immediately. These low life don't deserve to be free.

withthat
Posted By: starakita Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 5th Oct 2015 4:58pm
So tragic hope whoever is responsible for this gets caught & justice done,those 2 little girls having to grow up without their Dad
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 7:45am
Posted By: fillbo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 7:52am
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 8:23am
So very sad , to lose your life doing your job...RIP
Thoughts to his Wife and young family , extending family , work colleagues and friends ..
Posted By: casper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 8:50am
There is no way they would of avoided the device by mounting the kerb with two wheels, more like get out of the way or we will run you over, that's the mindset of the morons today, threaten push shove if they can't get their own way, and the poor lad has lost his life all because some little toe rag decided he wanted a car to show off in, someone knows who they are, give them up, do something decent for a change mad
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 9:09am
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 10:35am
I would ban police car chases entirely. Too many people are killed by it.

We hear about it when it is a policeman, but usually it is not. It is, however, every bit as tragic to their family if the victim is the thief. Recovering a car is nowhere near as important as the preservation of life. Around 2,000 people were injured last year in accidents involving police chasing cars or racing to a 999 call, 25 people were killed last year and the number is growing - it has tripled in four years. It would seem very likely that the TV 'Police chase' shows have contributed to this total.

In this particular case, it would seem to have been wise, having blocked the carriageway with stingers, to stand well clear of the only available way through, but I suppose hindsight is easy after the event.

Posted By: Giggler Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 11:00am
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 12:26pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I would ban police car chases entirely. Too many people are killed by it.

They're half way there already - its their policy not to chase motorbikes if the rider doesn't have a helmet on, or is carrying a passenger. They may call for air support.

So if you're a crim and want a quick getaway, do it on a motorbike without a helmet.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 12:36pm
The helicopter wasn't used as far as I'm aware.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 1:47pm
Two men have been arrested.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-34457725
Posted By: Giggler Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 2:46pm
I`ve been told because people in Wallasey were so upset they`ve opened a book of condolences in Wallasey Town Hall.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 3:02pm
So much for scousers being the culprits...

But i'd have had a tenner on it being scousers too to be honest.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 4:21pm
Why don't people realise the Wirral has it's own fair share of Sc#m.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 5:09pm
Yes the Wirral Is no better I had information that I was going to posts about the location these came from it was obvious they weren't from Liverpool. They wudnt of dumped
It in seacombe
Posted By: j_demo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 5:44pm
true, particularly the part of seacombe that they did dump it in, surrounded by CCTV! i'd have probably dumped it in central park... trying to out where they went from there would have been a nightmare.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 6:15pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
So much for scousers being the culprits...

But i'd have had a tenner on it being scousers too to be honest.

always somewhere else, I hate this wirral snobs talk with their "oh it can't be one of us it must be someone from liverpool good old wirral where no bad live.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 7:20pm
According to the Wirralglobe there from Oxton/Wallasey ..

TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Wirral PC David Phillips.

The two men, aged 18 and 30 years from Oxton and Wallasey have been taken to police stations on Merseyside where they will be interviewed by detectives.

Source Clicky
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 7:21pm
Originally Posted by Giggler
I`ve been told because people in Wallasey were so upset they`ve opened a book of condolences in Wallasey Town Hall.
There is a Book of Condolences at Wallasey Town Hall.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 7:26pm
I know the family of the 18 year old who I will only say is from the Seacombe area. Not Liverpool !
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 6th Oct 2015 7:32pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
I know the family of the 18 year old who I will only say is from the Seacombe area. Not Liverpool !
Drove past the address today by chance. Could not miss it really with all the forensics outside the house.

Feel sorry for the family.
Posted By: Santos Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 8:26am
I heard information was passed to the Police as to who it was. Well done those people and a huge ' thank you ' - may the murderers rot in prison.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 8:29am
TWO more arrests have been made following the murder of PC David Phillips.

Two women - a 19-year-old and 34-year-old, both from Wallasey - were arrested on Tuesday night on suspicion of assisting an offender.

They are both being questioned at police stations on Merseyside today, Wednesday.

It comes less than 24 hours after two men were arrested on suspicion of the policeman's murder.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:01am

Quite right..

You see it all along the tideline at Wallasey and the same stuff on the Liverpool side.

The really corrupt live in Caldy and Lower Heswall !!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:14am
I think a lot of a#ses will be twitching around Seacombe, wondering who's door will be smashed open next. About time the sh#te got a wake up call.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:18am
Yes ,but does it have to cost someones life to give them a wake up call.
The law should get stricter and this would not have happened.
I really feel sad that 2 little girls and a devoted wife have lost a husband and a dad.
Posted By: granny Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:53am
Tragic affair. Can't imagine the emotions that friends and family must be suffering.
The same applies to anyone lost in similar circumstances but this is so wrong when he just went to work. Condolences to all his family and to his comrades in Wallasey.
I heard that Cheshire Police have been brought in to support our force here.

Originally Posted by fish5133

Quite right..

You see it all along the tideline at Wallasey and the same stuff on the Liverpool side.

The really corrupt live in Caldy and Lower Heswall !!

Wirral was known as 'debtors retreat'

Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 10:09am
[quote=snowhite]Yes ,but does it have to cost someones life to give them a wake up call.
I really feel sad that 2 little girls and a devoted wife have lost a husband and a dad.

Yes the law should be tougher, the 18 year old not long been released for car related crime. Sad to say if he had been dealt with more severly the tragic death may have been avoided.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 10:14am
As Wench used to say "Sometimes police officers give more than just speeding tickets"', she's been very quiet of late, I hope she's Okay.
Posted By: casper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 11:39am
According to a taxi driver on the news, one of them asked to be taken to a solicitors office, sounds like he wants out and has grassed on the other one who may have been the driver, and wants to distance himself from what happened
Posted By: snowhite Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 11:58am
[quote=snowhite]Yes ,but does it have to cost someones life to give them a wake up call.

Yes the law should be tougher, the 18 year old not long been released for car related crime. Sad to say if he had been dealt with more severly the tragic death may have been avoided.
Its all wrong is it not Dilly.
More reason to change the law.
2 female police officers got a attacked last week also.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 1:52pm
Rather than state the obvious like everybody else

In short .... criminals are bad , cops are good , families who's loved ones are tragically murdered have our sympathy (not that any of our sympathy is needed as their loss is both unbearable ,tragic ,sad, unnecessary and as such they will be inconsolable)
My thoughts are what will the financial cost of the current investigations , impending court cases/ imprisonments / funeral , lawyers,judges,police personell hours ,forensics etc etc ....the financial cost is going to run into 10's if not 100's of thousands of pounds ... why in this case did people commit crimes ?? my guess would be predominantly for financial gain as it was a burgalry and car theft .... seems insane to me that a government thinks that the way to run a country is to keep running it into the ground,whilst they steer clear of any of it other than to make a 2 minute statement condemning the obvious and sympathizing the obvious !!!
Criminals are bad , dead people are dead , grieving families are grieving and the government are sick scummy corrupt snobs who live in luxury and wouldn't wipe their shoes on the general public !!! hoping the planet gets sucked into a black hole to be honest as we are a sickening race
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 2:26pm
I disagree that we are a sickening race. I refuse to despair. Yes, there exist morally bankrupt, depraved scumbags who, frankly, are a waste of oxygen. They are the ones who need to get sucked into a black hole. However, for every scumbag there are probably many silent heroes and heroines helping others, working for good, not trying to rip anyone off, doing the right thing without looking for a reward and generally trying to leave the world a little better than they found it in some small way. It's just that the scumbags get all the headlines, giving an unbalanced impression of what's going on. Good news, sadly, is deemed less newsworthy.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 2:46pm
withthat
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 2:59pm
The pictures of his daughter at the flower site is just heartbreaking.
Posted By: casper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 3:22pm
Not all people are bad Gary, but I will give you this you are right about government, a lot of this is down to the lax treatment of offenders, they try to keep them out of prison allegedly to give the offenders a chance to reform, but the real reason is down to cost, there are offenders walking around with a list of convictions as long as their proverbial arms, to be fair to the police they catch them usually after a prolonged chase, threats of violence etc, then the courts release them with the joke that is community service, even then the hardcore don't turn up, all the time trouble cost and effort wasted and the little sh**s are out the next day bragging, but the hierarchy are protected from all this, look at the Tory conference, snipers on the roof police cordon outside, and they are bleating about being protected, I wonder which area was left unprotected to allow the extra police presence there, again they wouldn't need to be protected if they weren't so extreme and disliked.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 3:39pm
The streets should be given back to the decent people and the feral sc#m given tough sentences at the offset, not after they have a string of offences under their belts. The police round them up and the courts give them a gentle smack.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 4:28pm
Cops are good now that's a lie. Maybe a few the majority are bent and useless only there to get you not help you
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 4:58pm
Originally Posted by mikroc
Cops are good now that's a lie. Maybe a few the majority are bent and useless only there to get you not help you
It's sad that you think this is an appropriate time and place to spout your unsubstantiated nonsense. Show some respect.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 5:08pm
Originally Posted by mikroc

Go and crawl back in your hole.
Posted By: cools Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 5:23pm
Yes it doesn't take long for the nastiness to start does it..Totally agree with Ludi, show abit of respect. We'd be lost without the police my god we would!

Posted By: mikroc Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 5:43pm
You really are diluded if you think cops are all that good.

Admin Note : Account suspended personal insults

wikinotify
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 5:50pm
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 5:51pm
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 6:15pm
Thoughts with the family.
Tonight's gathering at Fort Perch Rock..

Attached picture DSC_0002.JPG
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 7:08pm
Mainstream News are reporting that all arrestees are still in custody.

Not true. The 34 year old alleged 'harbourer' was on her front door step at 2pm today, surrounded by her usual 'black clad hoody crew'. About 8 of them in total.

Felt sickened driving past them all.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 7:31pm
On the all cops are good . the story on one website also had another story next to it about the hillsborough cover up.a lot of justified anger towards police as well as public sympathy as in pc phillips case. To do his killing justice the due process of law has to be followed not the lynch mob mentality.was surprised the chief of police was using the term murdered only hours after the incident and without all the evidence. It may well be the sc#m deliberately drove at the policemen in which case murder is close to being correct.man slaughter might be proven if the sc#m were just avoiding the stinger and didnt see the policemen.late at night but i think its quite a well lit road.either way 20 years for starters me thinks.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 8:19pm
Good police- bad police, everywhere.

I do not think that this particular thread is the place to discuss our opinions of Merseyside Police Force

Lets keep this thread purely about P.C David Philips- killed in the name of Duty.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 8:27pm
Originally Posted by cools

We'd be lost without the police my god we would!

Gov't is cutting funding to the police. Merseyside are going to lose PCSO's and Mounted Police, as well as Boots on the Streets.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 8:54pm
Sky news. 18 year old Williams now charged with murder.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:23pm
Sky news. 18 year old Williams now charged with murder.

Not sure how the legal process works but I suppose if tried for murder the jury can find him guilty of manslaughter. But if tried for manslaughter jury then cannot find guilty of murder.
The news articles online on Globe and stuff were using the word "murdered" as well which seems preemptive.

The arrested should be made to watch the news clips of family and children etc.

Quote "An 18-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a Merseyside Police officer who was struck by a car.
PC Dave Phillips died after a pick-up vehicle mounted a central reservation in Wallasey, Merseyside on Monday.
Clayton Williams, of Wheatland Lane, Wallasey has been charged with PC Phillips' murder and attempting to wound his colleague.
He is also charged with burglary and aggravated theft of a motor vehicle.
A second man, Phillip Stuart, 30, of Mayfair Court, Oxton has also been changed with burglary and aggravated unauthorised taking a car.
Both men are due to appear at Wirral Magistrates' Court on Thursday.
Married father-of-two PC Phillips was responding to reports of a burglary in Woodchurch Road, Birkenhead in the early hours of Monday.
He and a colleague had been attempting to stop a vehicle using a tyre-puncturing "stinger" device at 02:10 BST, police said.
Fellow officers tried to save PC Phillips' life but he died shortly after arriving at hospital."
Posted By: j_demo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:28pm
I read in the echo that C. Williams had been charged with vehicle taking and evading police before crashing a red hatchback into a lamp post, on BBC a Clayton Williams has been charged with the PC's murder for the incident in question in this topic.

Either:
1) Clayton Williams is a very naughty boy
2) Someone has just made a tit out of themselves with terrible journalism
3) Anyone called Clayton Williams is bad news
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:42pm
yep just found this from May 4th 2015--looks like previous

A teenager has been charged with a string of offences after a stolen car smashed into a lamppost following a police chase in Wirral.

Clayton Ronald Williams, 18, of King Street, Wallasey, has been charged with aggravated unauthorised taking of a motor vehicle, failing to stop for police, driving without insurance, and driving without a licence.

Shopworkers told how a red Vauxhall Astra narrowly avoided hitting a man in the road before smashing into the lamppost on Mostyn Street, Wallasey, at around 10.30am on Sunday.

A police spokesman said the car was stolen from the driveway of a home on Dalehurst Close, Wallasey sometime after 2am on Sunday morning, after thieves broke in and took a number of items including an iPad, mobile phone and a bag.

The Astra was seen being driven around Wirral in the early hours before being spotted by a police patrol on Egerton Street in New Brighton at around 10.20am.

Following a short pursuit, the car hit the side of an Audi A4 on Poulton Road before turning onto Mostyn Street, where it smashed into a lamppost and damaged a telegraph pole.

Police believe at least two people were in the car and are appealing for anyone with information to contact the force on 101.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 9:54pm
Yes as I said in an earlier post, had the courts dealt with him more severely over early offences this tragedy may have been avoided. The courts have to start dealing with offenders more severely.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 7th Oct 2015 10:00pm
Also another thread on here from last week of joy riders in Wallasey---been a busy lad
Posted By: Mark Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 9:13am
A teenager is due in court today charged with the murder of PC Dave Phillips who was killed while trying to stop a car being chased by police on Monday.

Merseyside Police confirmed Clayton Ronald Williams, 18, of Wheatland Lane, Wallasey, has been charged with the murder of PC Dave Phillips; attempted section 18 wounding against his collleague PC Birkett; burglary and aggravated unauthorised taking of a motor vehicle.

Click Me
Posted By: Giggler Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 10:05am
I`ve just had this email.
Grant Police widows pensions for life.
It`s just a signature.
Posted By: the_pope Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 10:13am
just been reading on the liverpool echo web site, that this same piece of shit crashed a car in mostyn street in may last year
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 10:35am
Two accused in Court today.

Attached picture 2D31D58F00000578-3264131-Clayton_Ronald_Williams_18_left_of_Wallasey_appeared_in_court_to-m-2_1444299194317.jpg
Attached picture 2D31D3F400000578-3264131-image-a-9_1444299586703.jpg
Posted By: Santos Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 2:46pm
There is a picture of Williams laughing in the Prison Van on the BBC news website. Just shows what a waste of space and oxygen he is and a great subject for the return of Capital Punishment.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 4:10pm
Makes me sick,you work hard to buy nice things then Kn*b`heads like him just take it!!
[Linked Image]

My daughter just informed me that he was transferred to her School South Wirral High and a total waste of space.
clicky
Posted By: snowhite Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 4:34pm
Makes me sick,you work hard to buy nice things then Kn*b`heads like him just take it!!
[Linked Image]

My daughter just informed me that he was transferred to her School South Wirral High and a total waste of space.
clicky
He deserves a public hanging at Hamilton Square, everyone can be there to see it.
I bet he won t be laughing then.
Posted By: starakita Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 4:42pm
Since this isn't his first offence I hope he never sees the light of day & he won't be the hard man he thinks he is in prison.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 5:30pm
What might be a fitting punishment seeing he likes driving would be to air drop him in a Humvee with a full tank of petrol in the middle of IS lines in Syria.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 6:07pm
the sad thing is the knobs in jail will think he's the dogs nuts cos he killed a policeman.

he's a great ad for why you should condoms
Posted By: themoleofwirral Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 8:29pm
Hand and head shackle. Do want you want. Over 18,s only
Posted By: themoleofwirral Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 8:32pm
Monty Python him . First come first stone him. No pebbles allowed. Only boulders.
Posted By: hagar Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 8th Oct 2015 11:23pm
After what he did in May this year he should not have been on the streets.Just goes to show how crap the justice system is and two poor girls may still have had a father.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 8:49am
I know you're supposed to believe "innocent until proven guilty" and not prejudice a trial, but every time I see his smug face I want him to die a terrible slow death.

I hate him and all his friends and family who may have covered for him for what he's done, and the level of rage he's stirred up in me.
Posted By: granny Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 8:57am
He doesn't appear to be of sound mind, Gibbo. That picture from the van , really penetrates.

From that image, I wouldn't think the crime committed and his arrest had even registered in his pea sized brain.

I feel sorry for those who are dealing with him, they must be 'chomping at the bit'.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 9:05am
He attends Liverpool crown court today.
If found guilty he will be glad, because he will be safe in prison than outside prison.
He will get less a sentence if he behaves when locked up.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 9:11am
Totally agree ,he is not really aware of what he has done /the effect on the policemans family /friends /collegues ect .Probably DRUGS. He looks FERAL ....As you say must be very HARD to be the people interveiwing him ...
Posted By: casper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 10:15am
A product of the something for nothing culture if they cant afford it they steal it, those that feel they are entitled to do as they please supported by their families and gangs, no doubt they will be shouting their support in court, woe betide anyone who challenges their right to do as they please, well he's about to find out there are consequences, lets hope his dilemma might serve as a warning to others before another innocent person loses their life.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 12:39pm
DEFO
Posted By: Santos Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 2:55pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
I know you're supposed to believe "innocent until proven guilty" and not prejudice a trial, but every time I see his smug face I want him to die a terrible slow death.

I hate him and all his friends and family who may have covered for him for what he's done, and the level of rage he's stirred up in me.

Gibbo I feel exactly the same as you -
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 3:17pm
Originally Posted by Santos
Originally Posted by Gibbo

Gibbo I feel exactly the same as you -

Indeed! Well said Gibbo. happy
Posted By: conan Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 4:19pm
I drove past all the flowers at the scene today.

Very very sad.. somad
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 4:23pm
Trying to get off with it.
Posted By: casper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 5:11pm
Latest on the radio, he has apologised to the police and the family of the lad who was killed and also said it was not deliberate, this via his solicitor, a big change from the laughing face this morning, he has been given advice, tell them you are sorry thats what they want to hear, wear a suit and tie to court yes sir no sir and you may get away with it, sickening.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 5:11pm
His solicitor Andrew Egerton said "he felt the media coverage has not given the full picture in the case."

I wonder how these "solicitors" ever get to have a decent nights sleep.....
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 5:19pm
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
His solicitor Andrew Egerton said "he felt the media coverage has not given the full picture in the case."

The sad thing is that someone has to defend him, and they must do it to the best of their ability. I have no doubt they would rather be punching the shit out of him.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 6:45pm
Your not wrong there dilly ..MUST be very hard dealing with the 'dregs' of society .........Sorry my arse .........
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 7:06pm
Originally Posted by OxtonHill

Media coverage has mainly been saying he murdered PC Phillips without knowing all the circumstances. As I said in a previous post to do PC Phillips justice due process of law needs to be followed and there is a difference between murder and manslaughter.
What we do know and what the sc*mbag has admitted is he was the cause of PC Phillips death. I presume the solicitor will just be defending against murder but for manslaughter. Probably the only witnesses will be police officers and it could be argued they have a conflict of interest/loyalty etc. The jury will decide but one might hope they will wipe the silly grin off his face.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 9th Oct 2015 9:12pm
I can't see the guy purposely running over the police officer.

What appeared to have happened is that the officer operated the stinger from the centre island of the dual carriageway, driver saw the stinger and tried to swerve over the centre island to the oncoming carriageway to get round or avoid the stinger, unfortunate bombing over the kerb at any speed is not a precise process and he hit the policeman.

While the driver is clearly guilty of manslaughter it would be foolish to try and turn it into a murder charge - the only evidence to distinguish the two is inside the drivers head.

I'm sure due process will be carried out and the court will not be too lenient on him. In this process the policeman's actions will be closely examined so I hope he followed the stinger deployment rules to the letter.
Posted By: casper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 6:46am
There is a good unobstructed view coming down that part of the road, police in hi viz on the central reservation, he must have seen them a good way back yet leaves it till the last minute to swerve, why didn't he swerve over the other side of the road? a cat runs out in front of your car whilst driving, natural reaction slam on your brakes, why? because you don't want to cause harm to a living thing! it is a trigger in most people to avoid causing harm an automatic reaction
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 7:14am
Avoid the stinger and chance hitting the officer, the choice was his ! His only concern was his own liberty at any cost. Murder or manslaughter a decent man is dead because of the actions of that piece pond life.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 8:41am
I totally agree with Dilly and Casper. He made a split second decision to either go over the stinger or chance hurting the policemen.

He made his choice and now should face the consequences of that decision.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 11:33am
Its not that obvious that the policeman would be at risk, people drive past pedestrians everyday assuming they won't hit them.

I had someone pull out on me, there was risk to a pedestrian if I hit the car so I tried to go over the pavement round a lampost, I didn't for one second think I'd hit the lampost but I did - and I know the reason why now, its diffraction the same as shooting arrows at fish, the angle changes when there is a resistance.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 12:05pm
I cant believe the views of some people.

He was committing a crime, he then stole a vehicle, he then drove for 4 miles, he then had a choice, get a flat tyre and run or hit a human? All the actions were choices and his choices were the wrong ones resulting in a death.

If my worst enemy was in front of me my instinct would be brake, not avoid at all costs.

He is a low life ..., a past that is probably considered a trophy, expelled from school and I guess many more incidents were he got away with things.

He knows the damage a car can cause, look what happened in May and the state of the car, he choose to hit the human, if I have a gun in my hand and can either 1) do nothing 2) shoot a wall or 3) shoot a human I know the last is leaving a very good chance that the human may well die.

I don't blame him entirely on how he turned out, however I do for the actions that night. I would like his parent(s) to be looked at, if social services were ever involved could they have done more? and lastly why was he free just over 4 months after the last "Fail to stop" causing a crash.

Surely it's time for far tougher punishments for driving a car you have neither been trained for, insured to drive, has no mot, no insurance. I consider that if you drive without any of these it should be classed as a weapon and not a vehicle.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 12:12pm
Totally agree on your opinion of him, I'm not excusing his actions, he is low life and dragging him around the streets behind a horse with diarrhoea would be too good for him .

However, his action on the policeman was probably manslaughter not murder, trumping up allegations of murder is corrupting reality, next people will accuse him of being a paedophile.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 12:16pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

However, his action on the policeman was probably manslaughter not murder, trumping up allegations of murder is corrupting reality, next people will accuse him of being a paedophile.

I honestly believe that anyone who takes a vehicle on the road they are not qualified to drive or do not have the correct paperwork are putting lives in danger. If you do so willingly then it is intentional. Intentional is murder
Posted By: chriskay Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 2:04pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Although a charge of manslaughter will be easier to pursue, a charge of murder is still possible. The prosecution doesn't have to prove intent, only that death or grievous bodily harm is the virtually certain result of the defendant's act.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 4:28pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Although a charge of manslaughter will be easier to pursue, a charge of murder is still possible. The prosecution doesn't have to prove intent, only that death or grievous bodily harm is the virtually certain result of the defendant's act.

One of the requirements for murder in the UK is "with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm (GBH)"

The full requirements are...

Subject to three exceptions (see Voluntary Manslaughter below) the crime of murder is committed, where a person:

1. of sound mind and discretion (i.e. sane);
2. unlawfully kills (i.e. not self-defence or other justified killing);
3. any reasonable creature (human being);
4. in being (born alive and breathing through its own lungs - Rance v Mid-Downs Health Authority (1991) 1 All ER 801 and AG Ref No 3 of 1994 (1997) 3 All ER 936;
5. under the Queen's Peace;
6. with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm (GBH).

SOURCE
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 10th Oct 2015 7:04pm
If judge could aggregate his offences even with a manslaughter conviction what could he get? Burglary. Theft of vehicles ,driving uninsured, dangerous driving. Think max for manslaughter is 10
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 11th Oct 2015 11:04am
Originally Posted by fish5133
If judge could aggregate his offences even with a manslaughter conviction what could he get? Burglary. Theft of vehicles ,driving uninsured, dangerous driving. Think max for manslaughter is 10

As he was doing something illegal that caused the manslaughter he should be charge with "Unlawful Act Manslaughter" which carries a maximum sentence of life.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 11th Oct 2015 6:22pm
Went to pay tribute today.

There is a lot more flowers 💐 than the tv cameras suggest. Some beautiful flowers and heartfelt messages. Very sad.
Posted By: Santos Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 16th Oct 2015 10:12am
More charged see HERE Quite right too, throw the book at them.
Posted By: Santos Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 16th Oct 2015 3:12pm
YES YES YES all three kept in custody - tried to burn the clothing of the low life - lets hope they get years and years inside.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 12:22pm
20 years. Cleared of murder, guilty of manslaughter.

http://news.sky.com/story/1663910/car-thief-gets-20-years-for-killing-pc

Shame on his lawyer though for blaming the government.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 12:32pm
Just how much of that sentence will he serve ?
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 1:59pm
I'm wondering how much of the last car stealing sentence he served.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 2:33pm
He crashed the last stolen car he was driving, it could only be a matter of time before he hurt or killed someone. For me that is intent enough.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 5:08pm
Banned from driving for life . . . Yeah that'll stop him.

I honestly have the view that a vehicle being driven in a manner that endagers life is as dangerous as using a gun or knife on someone.

Glad he got 20 years though.
Posted By: Mark Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 6:43pm
Sky was showing footage from the following police cars, so what actually took place, is in video and no desputing it.

What is 20yrs nower days?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 8:12pm
Just how much of that sentence will he serve ?

Probably do the full 20 as idoubt he will be well behaved. Thats 20 in this life and a lot longer in the next.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 8:27pm
Even if he serves the full 20 years he will only be 39 years old when he gets out, still a relatively young man with decades left to wreak his gobshitedness on the people of Wirral, I hope something very bad, very painful and hopefully terminal befalls him.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Police officer killed in wallasey - 21st Mar 2016 9:01pm
Sadly I fear he will be revered and applauded in prison.

True courage shown by his wife addressing him in court during her impact statement.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral