Forums
Posted By: The_Monk Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 5:24pm
Tons of police and ambulance at green lane station
Got tons of pics, starting CPR on a male now
Please accept my appolgies I can't edit via my phone but trying to keep you updated as much as I can. Olds Chester Road by Green Lane Station is now closed.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 5:55pm
No way! Was wondering what was going on when I was at maccyd's before omg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 5:56pm
Is it a murder?
Why have they blocked the road off?
Posted By: Clive Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 5:57pm
Service suspended on Merseyrail between Hamilton Square and Hooton due to trespass incident at Green Lane. Merseyrail are arranging buses to replace trains while emergency services attend the scene in the affected area.
not another suicide on the tracks is it
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 6:02pm
heard reports of someone on the track

I feel sorry for the train drivers, i knew one who had "one under", he was devastated
The male at Green Lane Station has died. 2 people have just been taken to the station who were very drunk and then quickly taken away for some reason. Very strange.
My Daughter has just came in and told me whats happened. A young lad about 16 - 17 was playing football in the pen bottom of Union Street with his mates when the ball went over on to the tracks, he went to get the ball back and stepped on the live rail......................
Argument and pushed on to the tracks I wonder
jesus poor lad should of just left the thing.imagine what his parents must be going through now.
Network Rail have just turned up with a white football with 3 red stripes on and just given it to local kids waiting by the station. Cannot see them just giving a ball back shawley it would be evidence of some type.
Could there be two separate incidents?
A male aged in his late 30s has just come out with a policeman with a blue t-shirt and grey shorts he looked upset and had oil or black marks on his arms. Gone off in a police car now in the passenger seat.
Loads of upset passengers leaving the station now from the train.
Posted By: rocks Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 6:49pm
truely tragic!
Posted By: Bench Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 6:50pm
I hear reports that he has been confirmed dead. RIP

Keep us updated Monk and get those pictures up when you can.
just been told it was a kid electrocuted on the line dont know how true it is yet though
very sad news again,RIP.
Posted By: Bench Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 7:01pm
Hearing reports that the male in question is a **********, 16 year old.

Again, obviously unconfirmed at this point.
something needs to be done regarding the accessability of getting to rail lines, very sad news such a waste of a life
Originally Posted by Tuffy

Not sure when ile get them uploaded coz am waiting for out internet to be connected should be a few days. frown
Posted By: Bench Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 7:13pm
Originally Posted by The_Monk
Originally Posted by Tuffy

Not sure when ile get them uploaded coz am waiting for out internet to be connected should be a few days. frown

If you're still down by Green Lane, you could always use McDonnalds Wifi ?
Where's a bloody mod when you want one - you guys shouldn't be posting name without confirmation or knowing that the famiy have been told
Posted By: TheDr Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 7:22pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Where's a bloody mod when you want one - you guys shouldn't be posting name without confirmation or knowing that the famiy have been told

I know, I think everyone has reported this.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 7:27pm
Very sad indeed, poor parents. frown

withthat we had none of this when i was mod. smile

i see the kids from my front room climbing up on the tracks, they do need blocking of more, it takes something like this to happen before things get done, WHAT A JOKE, i feel for the family R.I.P
It's on Facebook, a page set up with RIP..... with the name above
Please - no pics of this incident.

If there are pics linked from News sites - ok, but no personal pics of this incident in this thread please smile
Thanks Stuy
Originally Posted by Frog_Eyes
withthat we had none of this when i was mod. smile

Mod has been at work since 5.30am this morning...just got back...
Some people never learn. Whoever said these things happen in threes in the thread for the Hoylake crossing incident at the start of the week was actually right.
I do wonder if kids get warned any more about what the 'third rail' means. I remember being taught from a very early age what would happen to you if you stepped on it. I notice RailTrack have upped the number of ads (on radio and TV) for level crossings, but maybe its time to make more awareness of electrified rail networks. Over to you MerseyRail...
2 footballs have just been put into the back of a police car, got pics on my camera of them.
im with you on that 1 Missguided, the government should spend more money on protecting people, than looking after themselves, how much would it cost to send a rep round to EVERY school to give a 30 minuite talk, to these kids, if it saves 1 live GOOD JOB DONE
Posted By: Bench Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 7:54pm
2 footballs have just been put into the back of a police car, got pics on my camera of them.

I really fail to understand why the ball would be on the track though. If that is the case, surely he must of been playing football in the station ?

For those who are not familiar with Green Lane train station, the below links show pictures of the platform.

Picture 1

Picture 2

As you can see its partly underground, and i know this area well. No residential properties or fields surround the area where the ball could come over the top of the station and onto the track.

Birkenhead bound, the track enters a tunnel, and does not come out until roughly 200yards before Birkenhead Central station. Chester/Ellesmere Port bound, the track takes a climb onto a high level platform immediately as it leaves the station. So quite curious to how the lads ball got onto the track...if that's the case.

they were playing football in cages at the bottom of union street, green lane station is the nearest station with easy access to the lines i presume.
in other posts, they said they where playing football in union street, not in the station, there is a cage by Peel Ave
I think its more a case off green lane being thr nearest station to the incident. It seems to have happened at Union St. Very unfortunate coincidence but I witnessed the same thing in the same place roughly 26/27 years ago before the pen was there but with a boy of only around 8 or 9. Very sad for all around.
All the police have now gone from Green Lane Station, I can personally confirm no bodys have been removed from the station so not sure were it has been taken from.
Posted By: Bench Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:00pm
Originally Posted by phalinmegob
they were playing football in cages at the bottom of union street, green lane station is the nearest station with easy access to the lines i presume.

The football cages at Union street are a good near half a mile away from the station.

I do know of one football cage based closer at Quigley street. But even that is a at least 500 yards from the station.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:01pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
im with you on that 1 Missguided, the government should spend more money on protecting people, than looking after themselves, how much would it cost to send a rep round to EVERY school to give a 30 minuite talk, to these kids, if it saves 1 live GOOD JOB DONE

why parents cant make there kids aware is beyond me.. why is it the governments responsibility all the time..
there are trains going passed our house now, what a very sad day
Posted By: Bench Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:04pm
Originally Posted by kittykat
I think its more a case off green lane being thr nearest station to the incident. It seems to have happened at Union St. Very unfortunate coincidence but I witnessed the same thing in the same place roughly 26/27 years ago before the pen was there but with a boy of only around 8 or 9. Very sad for all around.

Ahh i see!

Football Cage on Union Street

Thats a fair silly climb up and over the high level platform then
Posted By: Mark Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:07pm
(moderator comments)
Where's a bloody mod when you want one
Remember Moderators are Moderators of there respective forums and do not have any permissions for forums they do not moderate. That means they don't get another forums Notified post. They cant lock or move a Topic either, So there not always in the loop of any notified topics. So in this case it leaves Stuy and Admin! we do the best we can.

As Stuy pointed out please be respectful to this person / persons family face book is not a reliable source for information. Were local so emotions can run high. Think of that family now please.
If green lane station is the closest place with access close the them cages then were have they taken the body to then to get out? It deffinitly didn't come out of green lane station. They got a stretcher thing out of a fire engine and then they put it back in again within a minute.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:09pm
Originally Posted by Necronuss
Argument and pushed on to the tracks I wonder
No Not at all was a tragic accident!!
ok maybe merseyrail should do something then, some 1 needs to do something, sooner rather than later, you should see the kids by my house up and down the tracks, its very very scary, what needs doing is better fencing putting up so no1 can get through at all
If green lane station is the closest place with access close the them cages then were have they taken the body to then to get out? It deffinitly didn't come out of green lane station. They got a stretcher thing out of a fire engine and then they put it back in again within a minute.

Union Street Mate.

why parents cant make there kids aware is beyond me.. why is it the governments responsibility all the time..

withthat
I'm fed up with the idea that the authorities are responsible for everything. For children, it's the parents' responsibility; for adults, it's their own.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:15pm
Have some respect for goodness sake!

I was pretty much going with the following logic:

People under a certain age take our 'nanny state' for granted. If there is a H&S issue, they naturally assume that someone will come along and tell them.

Ergo - you have to put it on TV (their main source of information) or radio.

Then maybe just - those with parental responsibilities that fall into this 'bracket' will watch their gogglebox and think 'Like, I'd better warn the kids like, beefor these go playin' on d'tracks, like'. Then they can warn their Liam, Connor, Sean, MacCaulay, McKenzie, Shannon, Chelsea, Jamie-Lee, Britney, etc.

Of course easiest thing to do is - next time you take you kids to a railway station on Wirral - explain the 3rd rail and how roasted they'd be if they stepped on, then off it. Only pigeons live after a landing on the 3rd rail....
Posted By: Bench Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:16pm
Wouldn't mind but that fence stuck on the side of the wall does nothing but help the kids climb over it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:23pm
ok maybe merseyrail should do something then, some 1 needs to do something, sooner rather than later, you should see the kids by my house up and down the tracks, its very very scary, what needs doing is better fencing putting up so no1 can get through at all

Am sorry i dont agree. to be fare i think merseyrail do a great job keeping kids off the lines. no sooner they fix it, the kids are ripping it down.
I think it was my aunty told me what would happen to you if you went on the rails. I was about 9 years-old. She was pretty graphic. I even wince when pigeons land on them...
Don't they give rail safety talks in schools anymore? I had one when I was about 8 or 9.

To be fair, a footy cage located in such a location was always going to be a tragedy waiting to happen.

RIP.
i always remember a man coming to r primary school with a book of fatalities that pretty much scared the hell out of us wondering what was in the book, i hope that process still occurs in the schools it seemed to have a good enough effect with us
I'm sure Merseyrail or Manweb came in to our school and we watched graphic videos of kids playing on railway lines and sub stations etc.

Plus I remember when I was about 7 if not younger going to liverpool on the train and a Woman had been killed on the line so we had to wait longer for a train.

So they always stuck in my head as a child and thought no way I'm going near a railway line.
frog eyes, if you see a kid on the track it scares the s*** out of you, oh yes you tell that poor family that they a good job, if that was the case we would'nt be having this depate,
Posted By: Clive Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:39pm
wirral globe has it down as
Medium severity incident
I always remember the local fire and police visiting the schools and explaining over rail trespass and the fatal results, also explaining the consequences of touching the 3rd line. It scared the shit out of me and I never did go near the rails, still never stopped a lot of kids in my class though, it was always easiest jumping the tracks than to pay a fare

Condolences to all involved in this incident
In some London tube stations they've got like a plastic wall along the platform and the doors only open when the train gets there where the doors on the train are. That would stop people getting on the tracks but it'd be difficult, and probably cost a lot, to do something like that at green lane, rock ferry, birkenhead central etc.
cost a lot in materials perhaps... but a life is worth so much more...
True!
yes your right, i take it frog eyes you dont have kids, they are your pride and joy, you try and have 1 taken away from you, its not very nice at all
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:57pm
yes your right, i take it frog eyes you dont have kids, they are your pride and joy, you try and have 1 taken away from you, its not very nice at all

Less of the insinuating please, let's not get personal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:58pm

yes i have kids. and had one taken from me..
Posted By: Mark Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 8:59pm
Back on topic please smile

All going off at green lane station
Posted By: Katryn Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 9:01pm
why take pics at the scene of an accident as it is happening? very distasteful!
sorry mate verysorry just feel for the family, we need solutions, to stop these kids getting hurt, its not fair
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...rom-wirral-railway-line-100252-28987754/

Link from the echo, so sad RIP
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 3rd Jul 2011 11:08pm
tragic waste of a young life frown
so tragic a ball can be replaced a life cant
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 4th Jul 2011 10:03am
I lived in beaconsfield rd not far from union street many years ago you were always told never to climb on to track,it is a waste of a live ,he sounds like he was an up and coming football play.
May be sad but he should have not gone for the ball.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 4th Jul 2011 5:21pm
like that's going to be of any comfort to the family.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 4th Jul 2011 5:48pm
Originally Posted by 2005wireman

How many times as a kid, have we all run into a road to get a ball?

I know when I was a kid I thought I was superman and notthing would harm me, I would go swimming in the docks, jump off walls 6foot plus, ride my bike with no hands, play in houses that where getting knocked down, and in winter played on the ice the more I was told not to do it the more I did it.

and It was the best time of my life.

what I'm trying to say is you can tell people till your blue in the face, but they will always do what they want.

R.I.P. and my feeling go out to your friends + family.
sad loss
they are painting the cage wall white, where the lads where playing football, so people can put comments, and best wishes, and they are lighting candles and setting of lanterns off at 9 tonight, R.I.P
Yes they have,it was on the evening news.
yes they have, they are all tied on to the football cage, i think the wall is a lovely idea,
spot on, thats what happens when a community works together
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy

How many times as a kid, have we all run into a road to get a ball?

I know when I was a kid I thought I was superman and notthing would harm me, I would go swimming in the docks, jump off walls 6foot plus, ride my bike with no hands, play in houses that where getting knocked down, and in winter played on the ice the more I was told not to do it the more I did it.

what I'm trying to say is you can tell people till your blue in the face, but they will always do what they want.

R.I.P. and my feeling go out to your friends + family.
sad loss

Me too, so many places that were dangerous, chased by security dogs, hidden in dangerous places and even crossed railway lines. I knew the dangers but didn't if that makes any sense I just thought I was invincible as i'm sure the young lad did last night.

R.I.P. and sympathies to all family and friends who knew him.
just seen some lanterns fly passed, what a sad night for the family and friends
yes very sad, lets hope this is a lesson to all you kids out there, if you have kids please please tell them the danger of railways,
What a callous remark!
Posted By: Katryn Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 4th Jul 2011 8:46pm
Just been with my eldest son to pay my respects and what the young 1's light lanterns from the cage there was a big turn out was a very well liked and loved boy !
Respects go out to all his family and friends at the very sad time. R.I.P Dale.
It is so sad,can't begin to imagine how his family are feeling.
He was a kid playing football with his friends,not drinking or being involved in unsociable behaviour.My heartfelt sympathy to all connected.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 4th Jul 2011 8:47pm

Is there really any need?
my 16 year old has just come back, set off his lantern, very sad moment he said
Posted By: Waddi Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 3:37am
so is that 3 railway deaths in the space of a week?

R.I.P :-(
Originally Posted by Kathryn

Is there really any need?

If the comment helps to stop someone elses kid getting killed, then yes, there is a need!
Sorry that my comment was a bit hard But the truth is that he was trespassing on private property.And maybe this should be a warning to others.
It is very sad that any person dies, but kids (and some adults) will always push the limits - you can talk to them, you can have other preventative measures in place, but when somebody successfully does something that is going to kill them, they WILL die.

We have an inbuilt fear of death, otherwise we wouldn't survive as a race. Sometimes we choose to ignore it.
Posted By: bri445 Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 3:48pm
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy
[quote=2005wireman]

You were lucky to get a second chance (or more) with these 'high jinks' but you definitely don't get one with 600 Volts and a few hundred Amps of D.C. electricity through you!

An H & S tv video showing the effect when an iron bar is thrown across the rails might be useful. Second thoughts, on the other hand it might not.

Posted By: LilJen Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 4:15pm
theres a bit of natural selection with the deaths on the railways tho isnt there cos you know you dont go near them.

Posted By: bert1 Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 4:17pm
A tragedy like this has probably happened maybe a thousand times before and will probably occur another thousand times unless something is done, we all tend to look both ways when crossing the road, this because we do it all the time, of course there's the odd exception leading to someone getting run over, in the most part we all do because we have to on a daily basis, its ingrained in our minds, we are conditioned and educated from a young age to do so. How many of us come across railway lines were its become second nature to think of electrified rails, especially in the young. So are we educating the young enough, is the odd mention on the TV enough, perhaps a more thorough education on the dangers of railway lines are needed at school, perhaps a couple of lessons per term with if need be videos that might make them feel sick and show what effects electric lines have on the human body. While i remember many of lesson and advice on crossing roads, lessons on going near railway lines are very vague.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 5:00pm
I vividly remember a Public Information Film on our tiny B&W telly back in the mid fifties. It showed the danger of crossing over conductor rails. Ancient electric trains going by with sparks from the shoes/rails. It showed a 5gal (or similar) oil drum being thrown on the live rail and touching earth. One hell of a flash/bang. Not much left of the drum ! Cholmondly-Warner type voice saying "This is what would happen to you....."

Mindyou today, this would just encourage more neds to lob shopping trolleys etc. across the live rail for a laugh !

Back to topic, my thoughts go out to the family of the young man.
There was a bit in the daily star a few week ago.It was about a man who went on to the railway to nick some stuff he was badly burnt But he still got done by the police for trepassing and trying to steal property belong to the network rail.So you think people would learn from that...Guess not
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 5:26pm
There was a bit in the daily star a few week ago.It was about a man who went on to the railway to nick some stuff he was badly burnt But he still got done by the police for trepassing and trying to steal property belong to the network rail.So you think people would learn from that...Guess not

Nobody watches tv anymore.
I know is a load of trash on tv these days....
and the last comment about the daily star it was also mention on sky news.
does anyone know why kids throwing stones at trains by green lane station?
Because their parents have failed them.
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 7:21pm

Don't think he was trying to steal anything was he? Just innocently trying to retrive his ball.

You make out like he was maliciously trespassing on the tracks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 8:33pm

Second heartbreak for mum of footy-mad teen Dale Fleckner electrocuted on Wirral railway line

THE FAMILY of a promising young footballer electrocuted on a Merseyside railway line today spoke of their heartbreak as tributes poured in for the popular teenager.
Dale Fleckner, 16, from Tranmere, was found by a Merseyrail driver who raised the alarm after seeing him lying on the tracks between Rock Ferry and Green Lane station, Wirral, on Sunday evening.
It is the second tragedy to hit his devastated mum Deborah, who lost a baby son almost exactly 18 years ago to the day.
Dale was playing in a caged football pitch in Union Street, just around the corner from his home, when it is thought he scaled a high wall to retrieve a football and was electrocuted by a 750-volt power line on the track.
Residents claimed it was common for youngsters to get on to the railway track - which runs parallel with the caged playing area - through an insecure part of the wire mesh fence on top of the wall.
Dale's mum was too upset to speak yesterday, but his older brother Paul Fleckner, 24, said Dale was simply 'amazing'.
Paul was the first on the scene after the alarm was raised and tried in vain to save his little brother - who used to play for Tranmere Rovers youth team - by giving him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
Paramedics scrambled up to the side of the tracks to treat the teenager who had just done his GCSEs at the University Academy of Birkenhead, formerly Rock Ferry High School and Park High School, and went to his end-of-school prom only last week.
He was taken by ambulance to Arrowe Park hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Paul told the ECHO: 'Dale was just amazing. He was very popular with hundreds of friends. Everyone is still in shock. No-one believes it.
'His life was football - he would come out to play with his mates every day'
The youngest son to mum Deborah and dad Tony, who lives nearby, Dale had two older brothers, and two sisters, one older and one younger.
Fighting back tears, Paul described how he climbed on to the track to search for his brother after he was reported missing.
He said: 'He was just on the bridge and I pulled him out from behind the rail.
'I knew straightaway he was dead. I tried to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation for 20 minutes before paramedics arrived.'
Dale's mum is originally from Coventry and his grandad Andy Clarkson travelled from there to comfort the family.
He said: 'She still hasn't got over the loss of her baby David and was about to mark the 18th anniversary of his death on Wednesday. She said David and Dale will be together now.
'Dale was a typical 16-year-old boy - he played football, had fun, chased girls.'
His former headteacher spoke of 'a tragic waste of talent'. Steve McMahon, principal at the academy, said: 'Dale was a very popular young man who had a bright future ahead of him.
'A gifted footballer, Dale was looking forward to a clutch of good GCSE results in August to add to the maths GCSE he already achieved and he was making plans for his career.
'His death is a tragic waste of talent and potential.'
He said Dale joined Rock Ferry High at the age of 11 and was one of five siblings who had attended the secondary.
A number of people at the scene said that it was common for youngsters to climb on to the track from the playing area, and called on Network Rail to make the fencing more secure.
Network Rail spokesman Keith Lumley said: 'It concerns me to learn that youngsters frequently gain access to the railway line to retrieve footballs, and this tragic death serves as a warning to everyone of the consequences of trespassing on the railway.
'The railways on Merseyside are powered by 750 volts of electricity running through a third rail at ground level and coming into contact with it will almost inevitably result in the person being seriously injured, if not killed.'

The echo
Sad Loss R.I.P. Dale.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 5th Jul 2011 8:55pm
So how do we stop this happening again, and what will the reactions be.

If you remove the cages people will complain.
If you put a "lid" on them kids will climb on them and jump off or jump up and down on them until they cave in, because that's what kids do.
If you make the fence more secure they'll just find a new way to get in or break down the new fence, because they want the football back.
If locals all knew that kids went on the track to get the balls back why didn't they tell Network Rail, why didn't they try and warn the kids, because everyone just thought "it'll be okay"

Everyone (myself included) thinks that "it will never happen to them", and the day it does is that one day too late.

I feel for the family, especially for his brother Paul, he'll always wonder if there was something else he could have done, and some images just never leave you.
What you have to do is to try and keep hold of the good ones.
Really Feel for his brother finding him, but what can we do? they said on North West Tonight that the fence has been made higher and it was a big wall to get up.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 6th Jul 2011 6:57pm
Originally Posted by son51
does anyone know why kids throwing stones at trains by green lane station?

this has been happening a long time, i live of Union Street and this is even brought up at monthly neighbourhood meetings were the police are present and the policeman there says incidents like this should be reported to the police at Well Lane Police Station.
i cant belive the kids are doing this after what happened to that poor lad thumbsdown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 9th Jul 2011 1:09pm
Heartbroken mum plans street party in memory of her beloved son Dale

THE heartbroken mum of teenager Dale Fleckner, who was electrocuted on a railway track, is planning to throw a street party in his memory.

His mother Debbie wants to celebrate her son’s short life and thank local people for their support.

She paid tribute to her “lovely son" saying he made everyone smile and loved his football and X-Box.

The mum-of-five told the Globe how the whole family had been overwhelmed by the level of support from the local community following Dale’s tragic death last Sunday.

Debbie, who was also marking the 18th anniversary of her other son’s death this week, said the public reaction showed how much her son was loved.

She said: “Dale was a lovely lad who, like most teenagers, loved his football and X-Box.

"He would always be out playing or have his mates in the garden having a laugh. He was such a polite lad and never disrespected anyone – he was very well liked.

“His brothers and sisters have not taken it well but we are being helped through by the support of our local community and we want to thank them for that.”

Dale had been trying to fetch a football from the tracks between Rock Ferry and Green Lane railway station minutes before the tragedy.

He died later in hospital.

Now Debbie wants to commemorate the 16 year old’s life with a huge street party after his funeral.

She said: “I had planned to visit Coventry this week where my other son David is buried and I found out that Dale had organised a party at the house while I was gone.

"So I decided to still throw that party in his memory for all his family and friends. We are expecting more than 600 people at the funeral and we are hoping they will all join us back at home to celebrate Dale.

“Dale always played out in the rain so he will no doubt make it rain for the street party!”

Dale’s funeral will take place on Monday, July 11, at St Paul’s Church, Old Chester Road, Birkenhead at 11am.

Friends and family are then invited afterwards to a street party in Cobden Court.

THE GLOBE
Thats a lovely idea,a chance for everyone to share their memories of him.
RIP Dale.
they are just setting fireworks off now in memory of Dale, my wife and son went to st pauls church today, a very very good turn out for the poor lad, R.I.P my thoughts are with his family
Awwww poor lad:(R.I.P dale <3
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 11th Jul 2011 10:17pm
I heard (this is an un-official source, sorry Stuy. I will try to find 'it')
There is a Mahoosive Zumba class, planned at Mersey Park 10-11am on Saturday 16th July. It will cost £3 per person and ALL proceedings will go towards pay towards Dales headstone.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 11th Jul 2011 10:25pm
yes RUDE your right, it some one called Philipa doing it
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 11th Jul 2011 10:37pm
yes RUDE your right, it some one called Philipa doing it
Oh good! Lemonhead, can you help me find an official source then, please?
Or can someone on here 'in the know' provide proper details?
There are potentially a hell of a lot of 'Zumber-esquers' right here, on Wiki.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 11th Jul 2011 10:42pm
i will find out more tomorrow, i will get my wife to get in touch with Philipa and see if she is ok to put details on here, i can't see it being a problem,
Posted By: TheDr Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 11th Jul 2011 11:52pm
I think I stll have Philipa's phone number so if you get stuck I can give her a call for you.

hey RUDEBOX, my wife is just getting on Facebook to speak to Philipa now, as soon as she gets back in touch, i will be back on
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 12th Jul 2011 6:57pm
thumbsup
Posted By: BossFan Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 16th Sep 2011 1:34pm
Originally Posted by linziebaggers

What is the point of this remark? Have you joined just to post that?

A young man lost his life there, please have the decency to respect his family who will NEVER get over it.

That is something I would not wish on anybody, not even you.

I hope that is your last post, ... like you are NOT welcome here. Please leave!
Posted By: delta6 Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 16th Sep 2011 1:45pm
the post has been reported to admin Boss
Posted By: AlexB Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 16th Sep 2011 1:48pm
Originally Posted by linziebaggers

Why would you say this when he was your cousin Linzie?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 16th Sep 2011 2:01pm
What a shame.

Maybe teaching kids which rail holds voltage (always the outer third rail) might help avoid these sorts of accidents.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 16th Sep 2011 2:06pm
Originally Posted by BossFan

I hope that is your last post, ... like you are NOT welcome here. Please leave!

Just be aware that Linzie is the unfortunate lads cousin, so the comment may well appear out of context, if you get me.
Posted By: Baggers Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 19th Sep 2011 6:04pm
yer i actully joined this to write somthink because am not having people writing that he shouldnt of been on there ... so yer i was writing what a [censored] to the person that wrote it ... dale is actully my cousin and wasnt having stuff like that wrote so yer i can write what i want
Lay off the pop in future.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Teenage Boy Dies at Green Lane Train Station - 19th Sep 2011 9:26pm
Originally Posted by Baggers
am not having people writing that he shouldnt of been on there

Ah, I see, so he had permission to be on there?

What was his job role?
Yer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral