Forums
Posted By: Anonymous cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 5:49pm
What if I knew someone who had NEVER had a job at 48 years old[since leaving school] but brags about his 'social' work... and also has umpteen mini holidays all over Britain,and expects to inherit property from his mother, is it unreasable that I detest and despise him?
Posted By: angel1368 Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 5:58pm
sounds like jealousy to me
Posted By: cathie Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 6:16pm
No, it'd piss me off too
Posted By: Dilly Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 6:26pm
It would piss anyone off,but I dont think it would make me as bitter as Phegm sounds.
Posted By: SUExx Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 6:29pm
Originally Posted by phlegm
What if I knew someone who had NEVER had a job at 48 years old[since leaving school] but brags about his 'social' work... and also has umpteen mini holidays all over Britain,and expects to inherit property from his mother, is it unreasable that I detest and despise him?

I understand what you prob mean, which i think is the fact he brags about it that you dont like. I dont hate anyone who has a bit of luck ie inheriting property from their mother. But i too dont like people who brag all the time.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 7:14pm
It's not jealousey, who would want to live like that really. He only brags about it because he has nothing else going on in his life to talk about!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 7:17pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
It would piss anyone off,but I dont think it would make me as bitter as Phegm sounds.

bitter? no .resentful..yes as i have worked and paid my dues to this society ..or are you also one of the FREE brigade? ..and luck [suexx] has nothing to do with it , just another sponger living off a good mans work!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 7:51pm
it could be worse, he could be packing your bag in the supermarket and beg for money as well!!

time for reflection?? wink
Posted By: Touchstone Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 8:40pm
He isn't a member of the Royal Family, is he?
Posted By: fillbo Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 8:51pm

brags about his 'social' work...

Elaborate....What social work?.....is he receiving benefits?.....
does he live with his Mother?......without knowing all the facts
it's hard to pass an opinion.
Posted By: j_demo Re: cheats and scroungers - 16th Mar 2013 10:18pm
sounds a little of jealousy, however i too am very annoyed by these people, and ok perhaps a little jealous... but i feel that our 'hatred' towards them is completely founded, in the fact that we get up, go to work, pay taxes, and then watch them taxes go to people like that to throw it back in our faces.
Posted By: granny Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 12:13am
Phlegm, certainly can't blame you for your rather unfriendly feelings towards this crettin.
I wouldn't hate, despise or be jealous of him. The emotion that rises up in my opinion is that he has to be an arrogant wet nelly, a big girls blouse and a spoilt brat all rolled into one , for whom there would be no tolerance, interest or even the slightst morsel of respect. If he can't respect himself, how can he expect it in return?
No...., he's going nowhere on his inheritance, it takes more than money to make a person likeable and his social work is no doubt handing out leaflets at a supermarket (whoops! i.e.if he can stoop to such levels).

“Whether you live to be 50 or 100 makes no difference, if you made no difference in the world.”
― Jarod Kintz,
Posted By: Shambo Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 12:55am
You've asked the forum to judge someone a 'cheat and scrounger' based on some slightly rabid scraps of opinion you've told us... Is it a family member? In-law maybe?

Whatever this person has or hasn't done with their life, hasn't stopped you doing whatever you have or haven't done with your life.

You sound jealous to me, asking people to join in with your resentment. Try and take responsibility for your own unfulfilled existence before you ask strangers to blame someone else for it. That's as diplomatic as I can put it. frown

Posted By: Dilly Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 1:47am
Originally Posted by Dilly

bitter? no .resentful..yes as i have worked and paid my dues to this society ..or are you also one of the FREE brigade? ..and luck [suexx] has nothing to do with it , just an
other sponger living off a good mans work!

Phlegm, there is obviously something you need to get of your chest.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 1:54am
lol @ off your chest
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 7:57am
think you should mind your own buisness.....
Posted By: rottylady Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 10:35am
"Phlegm, there is obviously something you need to get of your chest"
Dilly, that was funny,good one.
Posted By: lansyp Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 11:53am
lets face it there are a lot of people who dont work and not all of them brag about spending your tax money. i pay my tax so lazy people and government and people who where not born in this country can live a better life .but nothing will change except i will pay more tax so i wouldnt worry about it whatever you say will fall on deaf ears anyway just be proud that you work and support your nation (and every other buggers )
Posted By: philmch Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 5:58pm
What exactly is the point you are trying to make ? Is this person living off immoral or illegal earnings ? Is this person unemployed and working on the side ?

If not then I can't see anything wrong. Sounds to me like this is someone who is superior to anyone who's working in the weapons industry or a slaughterhouse.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: cheats and scroungers - 17th Mar 2013 8:12pm
Phlegm before you start pointing fingers, Make sure your own hands are clean!
Also i would love to hear what this "Cheat and Scrounging"
Guy has got to say about you! There are 2 sides to every story and im sure he could tell us a thing or two about you, Mr Squeaky clean!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cheats and scroungers - 18th Mar 2013 8:49am
It was a hypothetical question[if your read it correctly I said 'what if'] so dont get all bolshy about it!!
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: cheats and scroungers - 18th Mar 2013 9:19am
Works overrated anyway. If I had the choice I would spend my days with my family and not grafting away to pay the bills, missing out on my little girl growing up.

If anything, the man that has to work until death is the fool.
Posted By: Dilly Re: cheats and scroungers - 18th Mar 2013 9:50am
It was a hypothetical question[if your read it correctly I said 'what if'] so dont get all bolshy about it!!

Was it hypothetical when you asked if I was also one of the free brigade, or we're you just being a twonk ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cheats and scroungers - 18th Mar 2013 10:36am
That was a genuine question!!!!!!!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: cheats and scroungers - 18th Mar 2013 11:28am
Knew of a bloke years ago who was getting "Industrial Injury Benefit" and he'd never worked in his life either, still at it no doubt.
Posted By: Dilly Re: cheats and scroungers - 18th Mar 2013 11:45am
That was a genuine question!!!!!!!

No I am not one, that is a genuine answer.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: cheats and scroungers - 18th Mar 2013 5:21pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Knew of a bloke years ago who was getting "Industrial Injury Benefit" and he'd never worked in his life either, still at it no doubt.
About time he was caught,Theres loads claiming disabilty benefits,It makes you laugh as they can go hill climbing,jogging, They are smart and know how to cheat the system.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: cheats and scroungers - 19th Mar 2013 4:22pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
Works overrated anyway. If I had the choice I would spend my days with my family and not grafting away to pay the bills, missing out on my little girl growing up.

If anything, the man that has to work until death is the fool.

Wrong!
You want things in life you have to work for them not get them for free.

Ie: the dole paying their crazy George's accounts and car insurance etc.

If you don't work you shouldnt be allowed to drive, drivings a privilege just like ale, ciggies and electrical items.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 19th Mar 2013 5:05pm
Amen.

If you don't work then you should merely exist.
Posted By: nuddy Re: cheats and scroungers - 19th Mar 2013 7:31pm
Originally Posted by MadonnaFan
Amen.

Work makes you free eh?
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: cheats and scroungers - 19th Mar 2013 7:46pm
Originally Posted by nuddy
Amen.

Work makes you free eh?
The words on the entrance gate to Auschwitz-Birkenau I believe.
Posted By: Wench Re: cheats and scroungers - 19th Mar 2013 9:36pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

You want things in life you have to work for them not get them for free.......drivings a privilege just like ale, ciggies and electrical items.

And children!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 12:21am
Didn't hitler have that above every concentration camp..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeit_macht_frei
Posted By: lansyp Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 6:38am
the bottom line of it is ,why should those that work pay for those that cant be arsed. if you havent got a job then get up every morning and sweep the streets for your dole make the place a nicer area for those of us that work to see when we have finished slogging our arses off to keep you in money
Posted By: nuddy Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 10:08am
A couple on JSA(over 25) get just £15.85 a day to live on, I wouldn't really say they were rolling in it.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 10:11am
Originally Posted by lansyp
the bottom line of it is ,why should those that work pay for those that cant be arsed. if you havent got a job then get up every morning and sweep the streets for your dole make the place a nicer area for those of us that work to see when we have finished slogging our arses off to keep you in money

Well if you're going to force people into sweeping the streets, then you'll have to pay them at least the minimum wage. No-one should have to work 40 hours a week for £60 [or whatever JSA is at the moment].
Posted By: lansyp Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 12:03pm
I totally agree
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 12:18pm
A couple on JSA(over 25) get just £15.85 a day to live on, I wouldn't really say they were rolling in it.

Don't they then get other supplementary benefits and credits to whack it up a bit e.g. free dental treatment, tax credit, council tax credits and others? The reason I ask is that as a pensioner I keep getting told I can get this and that but when I fill the forms in I'm told that because I don't get these supplementaries then I can't get anything else and am told to bog off. By this time the authorities, because I've filled their forms in, know everything about me. Crazy.
oldman
Posted By: Helles Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 2:13pm

Assuming you are in work at the moment? What happens if through no fault of your own you lose your job? Would you be happy to be forced to sweep the streets or similar? There but for the grace of your god, go you!
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 2:20pm
There's 2 types of unemployed.

Those out of work through no fault of their own who are actively seeking meaningful employment and those that are content sitting on their arses gleaning off the rest of us.

The latter have no right to complain. Many of them will do whatever it takes for a bit more cash, plead disability (loads do, even though they're not) etc etc.

If I lost my job then I'd spent whatever i had or was given looking for another one.
Posted By: bert1 Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 2:38pm
It seems to me, some on here are not seeing the bigger picture.
In this capitalist society will live in based on greed, by making the unemployed work for their benefits it will only increase unemployment.

Take street cleaning for example, if the powers that be can get the streets cleaned for less than the going rate, for benefit rate, then there would be no need to employ street cleaners, the same applies to the likes of B&Q, Macs, Supermarket shelf stacker's, etc,etc,

The employers would soon take advantage and have a very cheap workforce and we the tax payer would have more unemployment to contend with while firms get cheaper labour at slave labour rates.
Posted By: nuddy Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 2:48pm

The latter have no right to complain. Many of them will do whatever it takes for a bit more cash, plead disability (loads do, even though they're not) etc etc.

The fraud rate for DLA etc is about 0.5%.

link
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 3:49pm

link

Brilliant bit of research.

Not.

That takes into account those that are caught.

Also, 'disabled' is to easy to be in this day and age.
Posted By: turnip Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 4:20pm
Apprentices work 40 hours a week for like £60. I'm not saying people on USA should have to work a 40 hour week to get their JSA I just find it numerous when people are so disgusted at the idea when people are doing that out there at the moment because it is a job.
Posted By: petzl Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 4:55pm

link

Brilliant bit of research.

Not.

That takes into account those that are caught.

Holy crap ! Did i just read maddonnafan writing

" its to easy to be disabled in this day and age" ?

What the hell is so easy about being disabled in these days of cuts ???

On a brighter note ... superdrug has just withdrawn its support from the workfare scheme!
Posted By: lansyp Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 5:26pm
helles ,i choose to work and touch wood if i ever loose my job i will look for work and do anything (and have done) to earn my way through life and if that means i have to sweep the streets on the dole then so be it .
Posted By: SUExx Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 5:33pm

Also, 'disabled' is to easy to be in this day and age. [/quote]

Holy crap ! Did i just read maddonnafan writing

" its to easy to be disabled in this day and age" ?

What the hell is so easy about being disabled in these days of cuts ???

On a brighter note ... superdrug has just withdrawn its support from the workfare scheme![/quote]

I think what they mean about its easy to be disabled these days is that some people have a very minor aliment which according to them makes them exempt from working.
Posted By: petzl Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 6:00pm
Well maybe maddonnafan would like to clarify what is easy about being disabled or even being classed as disabled.

Im not sure disabled people would agree!
Posted By: granny Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 6:14pm
Originally Posted by bert1
It seems to me, some on here are not seeing the bigger picture.
In this capitalist society will live in based on greed, by making the unemployed work for their benefits it will only increase unemployment.

Take street cleaning for example, if the powers that be can get the streets cleaned for less than the going rate, for benefit rate, then there would be no need to employ street cleaners, the same applies to the likes of B&Q, Macs, Supermarket shelf stacker's, etc,etc,

The employers would soon take advantage and have a very cheap workforce and we the tax payer would have more unemployment to contend with while firms get cheaper labour at slave labour rates.

Bert1 has hit the nail on the head.

Firms also got cheap labour when the Working Tax Credit was introduced. Basically, the government supported all the companies that decided to pay minimum wage ( the bandwaggon they all jumped on)and offered part time hours or job share. It kept the unemployment figures down.

One other thing that was mentioned last week on 'This Week' was that Europe is intending to take control of our wages. That is how I understood it.Does anyone know?

Posted By: nuddy Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 6:29pm
helles ,i choose to work and touch wood if i ever loose my job i will look for work and do anything (and have done) to earn my way through life and if that means i have to sweep the streets on the dole then so be it .

So you would work all week for £71?
Posted By: lansyp Re: cheats and scroungers - 20th Mar 2013 8:39pm
yes and no ,yes i would work for my dole wouldnt be happy earning crap money but still be paying my way .i have had good and bad jobs and dont knock anybody out of work who wants to work. i just dont think people who cant be arsed should get away with it .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 1:12am
http://sorrelish.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/7-reasons-why-you-should-stop-bitching.html?spref=fb

seeyu
Posted By: Shambo Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 2:58am

If you're the sort of person who thinks that people who claim benefits are by default 'cheats and scroungers' you probably don't want to bother clicking that link.

It expains some of the truths about our benefits system and debunks some of the unpalatable myths peddled by the naturally unhappy in our society.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 7:31am
Originally Posted by SUExx

I think what they mean about its easy to be disabled these days is that some people have a very minor aliment which according to them makes them exempt from working.

Correct.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 7:31am
Originally Posted by petzl
Well maybe maddonnafan would like to clarify what is easy about being disabled or even being classed as disabled.

Im not sure disabled people would agree!

See above.

It's too easy to be 'classed as disabled'.

Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 7:33am
Originally Posted by Shambo

If you're the sort of person who thinks that people who claim benefits are by default 'cheats and scroungers' you probably don't want to bother clicking that link.

I clicked it and was met with;

"The welfare state is a safety net."

i.e. not something you can simply rely on because you're too bone idle to go out and get a job.
Posted By: SUExx Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 7:55am
Yes those of us that work and pay tax dont mind paying for those in need. What all of us hate that pay our tax are the people who sit back and dont want or cant be bothered to work. They have the latest phones with internet, spend time in pub or home drinking ,smoking. They usually have the lastest gear and run cars. Thats where life isnt fair, but i is suppose life isnt fair for most people especailly when they have had their wages frozen, hours slashed, and find it expensive to run cars to get to work, loss of shift allowence or indeed having to pay bedroom tax.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 9:06am
Yes those of us that work and pay tax dont mind paying for those in need. What all of us hate that pay our tax are the people who sit back and dont want or cant be bothered to work. They have the latest phones with internet, spend time in pub or home drinking ,smoking. They usually have the lastest gear and run cars. Thats where life isnt fair, but i is suppose life isnt fair for most people especailly when they have had their wages frozen, hours slashed, and find it expensive to run cars to get to work, loss of shift allowence or indeed having to pay bedroom tax.
You do have a point there Sue,Smoking and drinking these days not cheap at all.Not all have the latest cars,phones etc , they wont be able to buy there fags and booze everyday.They plead poverty but allways have money for them luxurys.Too many that havent worked in years,And have no intention in working there whole lifes.they just take it for granted the social will support them all there lifes.
Posted By: nuddy Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 9:14am

clap clap clap
Posted By: Wench Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 10:25am

Really!?! I tell you what, how about you have my "easy" disability for a few days? You can kiss goodbye to sleep as the pain is horrific, don't expect to be able to walk without morphine, crutches or not at all & have to use the wheelchair. Trouble is, you'd have to use the use of your left arm too, which means you wouldn't be able to use the wheelchair (unless you like going round in circles) so you'd have to rely on someone to help you.

You'd have to rely on someone else to have to carry out basic tasks for you too, like helping you to shave one armpit, putting a bra on, putting deodorant on, washing and drying your hair & putting your hair up. Then of course, there's the fact you can't do all your housework in one day because you can't stand for long. Have you ever tried to do the dishes or hoover from a wheelchair? Then you have to rely on someone else to help with your housework, or try to work out what can go so that you can pay someone to come in for a few hours a week just to help keep on top of it.

The isolation and the fact that most weeks, the only conversation you get is via the internet as you lose some of your "friends" as they no longer know how to treat you. The pity looks & comments. The fact that people sometimes speak to you as if you are deaf, stupid or both just because you're in a wheelchair or "look different".

Then of course, there's the massive amount of tablets you'd have to take (hope you like maracas as that's what you think you'll sound like as you have to take so many). Oh, then there's the injections into the joints with no local anaesthetic, the associated weight gain with steroids, the constant losing battle to lose weight so that you will be fit enough for the next bit of surgery to hopefully fix you - which could well only be an above knee amputation. 12 fractures put in your femur every 9-12 months in an attempt to fix the bone & associated tissue.

The shoulder surgery comes before that. That operation will either give you a bit more use in your arm or render it totally useless! The falls, which result in more broken bones, bruising, cuts to your head, concussion. I could go on if you like!

I haven't even started on the side effects of the medication, the exhaustion, the times when the pain won't even go with morphine and you really do get close to giving up as it would mean an end to the pain, the funny looks you get, the snide comment from groups of kids as you hobble/wheel past, the self loathing & frustration because you've gone from a full time job that you love to a totally worthless member of society, held in lower esteem than criminals (or branded one yourself as you must be defrauding the system) in a heartbeat, through no fault of your own!

Oh, and just to add insult to injury, you have someone telling you it's "easy" to be disabled & that you're a scrounger!!

Still think it's easy? You wouldn't last 24 hours! snob
Posted By: granny Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 10:41am
Rightly or wrongly, I think Madonnafan was trying to get a different point across.

Anyway, whatever the reasons for being on benefits of one type or another, if we go back to the original post, whether it is hyperthetical or not, if anybody is aware of someone who is cheating the system then they should report them instead of complaining.
It doesn't take much to work out who gets what and who's got what , which may lead to questions.
If there is no intention to report those guilty of cheating the system, then there is no reason to complain.
I would be suspect of mobile phones, internet access, trips out, in addition to paying bills and feeding oneself. All on £71 a week! I find that impossible to comprehend.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 10:55am

See that nail... you've hit it on the head.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 10:57am
Originally Posted by Wench

Pointless rant

Stop...

You missed my point. For every legitimate disabled person, and I thoroughly sympathise with your situation, there is no doubt one who isn't in this situation.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 10:58am
Originally Posted by granny
I think Madonnafan was trying to get a different point across.

Precisely.
Posted By: Wench Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 11:14am
Rightly or wrongly, I think Madonnafan was trying to get a different point across.

Anyway, whatever the reasons for being on benefits of one type or another, if we go back to the original post, whether it is hypothetical or not, if anybody is aware of someone who is cheating the system then they should report them instead of complaining.
It doesn't take much to work out who gets what and who's got what , which may lead to questions.
If there is no intention to report those guilty of cheating the system, then there is no reason to complain.
I would be suspect of mobile phones, internet access, trips out, in addition to paying bills and feeding oneself. All on £71 a week! I find that impossible to comprehend.

If someone is committing benefit fraud, then hell yes report them! This small minority is the reason that the genuine people get tarred with the same brush! It is hard to manage on that amount of money, but some are lucky enough to get help with bills & food from family. Those that have never worked yet have top of the range mobiles, BFO Scouse telly's & are out every week make my spidey sense tingle.

Pointless rant

Stop...

You missed my point. For every legitimate disabled person, and I thoroughly sympathise with your situation, there is no doubt one who isn't in this situation.

Firstly, it wasn't a pointless "rant", it was a factual reply to a rather ill worded statement (in my opinion). I'd say the ratio is not 1:1. We are made more aware of the benefit cheats by tv shows & the likes of the Daily Wail being fixated on them (and rightly so as it again tars those legitimate disabled people with the same brush). I do think it's very easy to see someone who for all intents & purposes looks "healthy" and say they are not disabled, but there are many conditions that cannot be seen - PTSD, Fibro, MS (on a good day), cardiac problems etc.

I'd love nothing more than for every fraudulent claimant to be caught, punished, named and shamed but I don't think it will ever be stamped out. There will always be a certain core of society that will believe that they have the right to do what they do. I wish I had the answer smile

Oh, by the way - the "Stop" comment.... am I meant to stop in the name of love? Is it Hammertime, or I should collaborate and listen? wink
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 11:31am

Oh, by the way - the "Stop" comment.... am I meant to stop in the name of love? Is it Hammertime, or I should collaborate and listen? wink

Stop in the name of love, then proceed to collaborate and listen.

I have not time for Hammertime today grin
Posted By: granny Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 11:46am

It is hard to manage on that amount of money, but some are lucky enough to get help with bills & food from family. Quote Re: Wench.

That is probably a contributary factor to JSA being so dire. Unemployed are asked if they have help with bills, they probably say 'NO' therefore,for statistics, it would appear that it is a managable amount per week. If they said 'YES' the befnefit would probably be reduced.

A bit like those who were dedicated enough to work their lunch hours a number of years ago. Sandwich at desk, typing away and answering phone calls.
Result......lunch hour withdrawn, all condidtions changed to accommodate the option of having fewer staff. So now you have to work over 6 hours to qualify for a 10 minute break.If you work 7 hours(I think) you can have two 10 minute breaks either seperate or together.

I know this is off topic, but as a point to show that, give them an inch and they take a mile. It would be better if family did not help those on benefits, for the benefit of the long term. ...If that makes sense?
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: cheats and scroungers - 21st Mar 2013 5:31pm

It is hard to manage on that amount of money, but some are lucky enough to get help with bills & food from family. Quote Re: Wench.

That is probably a contributary factor to JSA being so dire. Unemployed are asked if they have help with bills, they probably say 'NO' therefore,for statistics, it would appear that it is a managable amount per week. If they said 'YES' the befnefit would probably be reduced.

A bit like those who were dedicated enough to work their lunch hours a number of years ago. Sandwich at desk, typing away and answering phone calls.
Result......lunch hour withdrawn, all condidtions changed to accommodate the option of having fewer staff. So now you have to work over 6 hours to qualify for a 10 minute break.If you work 7 hours(I think) you can have two 10 minute breaks either seperate or together.

I know this is off topic, but as a point to show that, give them an inch and they take a mile. It would be better if family did not help those on benefits, for the benefit of the long term. ...If that makes sense?
what about the ones who havent worked for years ,Dosent the jobcentre call them in and ask why they haven t been seeking work?
Posted By: nuddy Re: cheats and scroungers - 22nd Mar 2013 8:49pm
Is this what we should go back to?

[youtube]m1H5tfUOYBY[/youtube]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral