I have a faulty PC monitor which I don't know if it's any use to any one but if not it's going to the tip at the end of the week.
It has a creamish vertical line about 2cm wide about three quarters of the way across. Someone very kind on Freecycle gave me a replacement so I'm not sure if someone clever could fix my old one or if it's worthless.