Detectives investigating the murder of 48-year-old Mark Christopher Reissing from Wallasey are appealing for the public's help in tracing a man that they want to talk to in relation to their investigation.

Mr Reissing was found in Manor Lane, near to Egremont Promenade in New Brighton, at 5.50am last Tuesday.

A post mortem found that he died as a result of multiple injuries.

Officers are keen to trace 46-year-old Nazzareno Abela from Wallasey.

Detective Chief Inspector Phil McEwan, leading the investigation, said: "We have heard from Mr Reissing's family about their devastation at his loss and, while I am grateful for the help we have already received from the public, we need their help in tracing Nazzareno Abela, who we believe has information vital to our investigation.

"I would ask Mr Abela or anyone who is aware of his whereabouts to contact the incident room as soon as possible."

The public are asked not to approach Mr Abela, but contact police.

Officers are urging Mr Abela, or anyone who has information about his whereabouts to contact detectives on 0151 777 8649 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

The inquest into the death of Mark Christopher Reissing was opened by Wirral coroner Christopher Johnson on Monday.
Coroner’s officer Arthur Flower said: “I was informed that at 5.40am that morning (July 9), a male walking his dog along Egremont Promenade had discovered the body of a male, subsequently identified as the deceased.

“He was motionless on the ground in a sitting position, slumped against the perimeter wall in Manor Lane. The ambulance service were informed and paramedics attended at the scene. There were no vital signs and the fact of death was formally pronounced at 5.52am by paramedics.”

A post-mortem examination carried out at the Royal Liverpool Hospital revealed the cause of death to be due to multiple injuries.

Source

Attached Images
nazzareno abela.jpg