A reminder for Wiki users that the Royal Mail have cutoff dates for near-guaranteed delivery of your mail before Christmas. As always, the best advice is to send mail as early as possible, but any mail sent after the recommended dates wont reach its destination until after Christmas (unless you are very lucky).
You can find the last posting dates for Royal Mail services using their interactive search facility here
. For your convenience, I have outlined the dates for the main services to the UK and channel islands below:
- Standard First Class Mail
- 20th December
- Second Class Mail
- 17th December
- Special Delivery Next Day
- 22nd December
- Special Delivery For Saturday
- 21st December
- Standard Parcels
- 14th December
- Anything sent after these dates almost certainly wont reach its destination until after
- Dont rely on these dates, send your items as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- If you require an item to reach its destination before christmas and are posting after the deadline for std mail or parcels, be sure to use Special Delivery.