Forums
Posted By: Julia1984 desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 1:31pm
Hello,

my name is Julia, I am 28 years old and I am from Germany.
3 years ago I fell in love with the most wonderful man I've ever met. He is from Great Britain. Since we know each other I am looking for a job in the UK. It is hard, to see him only a few times in the year, when you know that you want to spend the rest of your life with the person. The last 3 years i tried everything possible to find a job but I am still failing. That is the reason why i try here to ask for help, because I dont know what else I could do. I am desperate!
All I need is someone who gives me the opportunity to prove, what I can accomplish. I know, Germany and Great Britain both suffer from the economic crisis and that finding a job can be a challenge. I was told here, that I could come to the UK without a job and still would get money from the country but I am not the kind of person. I am responsible for myself and i want and need to earn my own money.
Here in Germany I work as a nurse for the elderly and as a care assistant. I looked for a job in news papers, online on job sites and on the website of the jobcentre UK. I found offers that were suitable and I sent my applications to them. Sadly I recieved rejections saying that some of my papers will not be accepted in the UK. I went to the jobcentre here and asked them about it, they also asked someone who works for a british jobcentre and in the end, I was told, that I am only allowed to use a few of my papers and I have to start over in the UK. I dont have a problem with starting over, all I need is someone who gives me a chance to.
As I said, i worked in the care sector. It is the best job I can imagine. I love to help people and to care for them. Its the perfect job for me but I am aware that I cant confine myself thereon. So far I worked dayshifts and nightshifts. Did everything a nurse for he elderly has to do. To be honest, I never thought about doing something else before I had to. Now i also look for jobs in home economics, cleaning sector, office jobs and others. Certainly I will need training but I am convinced, that I can and will overcome this hurdle. I really would try to do every possible job. It doesnt matter if it is halftime or fulltime. Unfortunately I dont have a driver's license and some jobs need it. I would get it but before I need to make money so I could make it. It's a circle I cant break through at the moment.

I will be in the Uk from 29.07.2012 - 03.08.2012
If there is anybody out there, who could help me,
I really would appreciate everything that could help me to find a job so I can start a life with the man I love.

The area is Birkenhead, Liverpool

many many thanks!!!!

Julia
Posted By: cathie Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 2:48pm
Why doesn't he try to get a job in Germany if you're finding it that difficult?
Posted By: sunnyside Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 2:53pm
julia, jobs are hard to find its true, but care homes, are desperate for carers all hours to suit, no experience needed, all areas are short of carers, adverts in jobcentres and papers, you could take your pick
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 2:54pm
http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/ Job ref WSQ/143233 just found this a german customer service advisor in liverpool
Posted By: granny Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 2:59pm
Your English is better than most of ours! Why don't you try a job as an interpreter? Much better pay than the poor care workers earn.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 3:19pm
You beat me to it Granny! Yes, an interpreter's job was the first thing that came to my mind. Even a part time job as an interpreter might be better paid than a carer in the UK. The care home business in the UK and probably elsewhere, is a penny pinching all for profit set up now - sad to say.

I too commend your excellent English Julia.
Posted By: bert1 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 3:45pm
Pinz und Oma, um wieder in der Versenkung, deine Zeit ist noch nicht bis zur Freigabe, könnte sie sprechen gut Englisch, aber was ist mit meinem Deutsch, einfach, wenn Sie Google-Übersetzer, viel Glück mit dem Mädchen haben.
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 4:03pm
@ bert1, in case you used google translator ... I have no clue what you meant because what you wrote makes no sense.
I dont use any translators, its a practice when i look online, most of it is in english. and thank you for all the nice words from you all
Posted By: bert1 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 4:11pm
Julia,

As long as it makes no sense to Pinz and Granny that's all that matters, Google translator is rubbish and I advise you to stay well away from it.
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 4:14pm
lol ok wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 4:27pm
It seems very strange with your power of the English language that you cannot find employment? or maybe this is just a scam ?? sorry but I trust no one anymore.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 4:28pm
Well it impressed the what not out of me Bert.
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 4:32pm
@ phlegm, well its not a scam frown i am really desperate to find a job and to be honest, i never knew that my english is that well before you all said that lol.
Posted By: reddragon Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 5:13pm
sherlock
Posted By: sunnyside Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 5:14pm
i would not of known you were not english, you can usually tell when you read a persons messages if english is not there first language, as the others said your written english is very good,wish you well x
Posted By: derekdwc Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 5:22pm
Originally Posted by bert1
Pinz und Oma, um wieder in der Versenkung, deine Zeit ist noch nicht bis zur Freigabe, könnte sie sprechen gut Englisch, aber was ist mit meinem Deutsch, einfach, wenn Sie Google-Übersetzer, viel Glück mit dem Mädchen haben.

Bert
What was the English version

Are you ok hun.What's the German for help and send?
seeyu seeyu
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 6:39pm
my son is having the same problems here.his girlfriend lives in florida and he wants to move over there and he can only do it if he has alot of cash or something to offer america eg skills
she was going to try and move over here but they way things are it looks like a no go.
will be interesting to see if and how you manage to do it.good luck anyway.
my son has been with his girlfriend for 5 years now and they both travel to see each other
Posted By: casper Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 7:04pm
Does'nt ring true I think its a scam,to many violins playing,if she was that desperate she would come over to stay with her bf and find work, strange she should only stipulate work in a care home, maybe its just me I'am with phlegm on this one
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 7:20pm
Scam who, though? She is not asking for money.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 7:44pm
if you love him that much why dont you come over and live off one income, most families do that now, or if you are on more than him he could move over there, stevie wonder could see there is more to this sherlock
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 8:10pm
like really? why on erath should i post that as a scam?!?!?!?!?! casper, i wrote that i didnt think about anything else then working in care before i started to find something else in the uk,least that is what i mean :S If you dont have anything nice to say then leave it. i didnt ask you, i only was hoping that maybe someone could help somehow
Posted By: bert1 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 8:12pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc

Bert

seeyu seeyu

Pinz and granny get back into the woodwork, your time is not up yet to be released, she can speak English well, but what about my German, simple, if you use Google translator, good luck to the girl.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 8:17pm
there are people in this country finding it hard to find work as it is, ask your fella to go over to you he might find it easier to get work in a bar or supermarket ect
Posted By: Capt_America Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 8:23pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
there are people in this country finding it hard to find work as it is, ask your fella to go over to you he might find it easier to get work in a bar or supermarket ect

Not to labour the point above, but there's 2 million unemployed in this country already and the Census announce tonight that the population of Britian has jumped higher than ever before to 56.1 million people. Your fella would be better off living with you in Germany.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 8:55pm
you need to get intouch with imigration and ask how you can do this.
Not sure they will just let you into britain cause your boyfriend lives here,and as stated there is 2 millions people unemployed here.
My sons girlfriend can not live here with my son even if they had a child and got married the law is strick these days
they have looked into her moving here and at the moment they have been told NO NO NO.once again good luck every case is differant
Posted By: chriskay Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 9:37pm
Originally Posted by Zelda

Not sure they will just let you into britain cause your boyfriend lives here,and as stated there is 2 millions people unemployed here.

There's completely free movement between member states of the E.U.; she doesn't need permission to move here or to seek work.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 10:14pm
I would like to commend everyone for not mentioning the war....
Posted By: colin86 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 10:28pm
suspect to me if she had any other line of work i maybe would of believed it, but there is care vacancy's everywhere across wirral so this seems suspect but that's just my opinion no offence intended
Posted By: granny Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 10:30pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc

Bert

seeyu seeyu

Pinz and granny get back into the woodwork, your time is not up yet to be released, she can speak English well, but what about my German, simple, if you use Google translator, good luck to the girl.

Just crept out Bert, Pinz is still gnawing away at the back.
Query: If the girl needs Google translator,then her English can't be good enough to work in a care home?
Sneaking back again now Bert.Only came out to play. Night
Posted By: cathie Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 10:38pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I would like to commend everyone for not mentioning the war....
raftl raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 10:50pm
You are wrong, someone mentioned it once but I think they got away with it!
Posted By: granny Re: desperate, I need help please - 16th Jul 2012 10:57pm
Where's Sherlock? There may be a clue here.

NeedHelpPlease you may be living in Germany, but you did not say what your nationality is. Are you German?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 12:27am
Well, maybe i'm just a gullible Duck head?? I love a good romance. Not that anybody will ever get a penny out of me!!
The only question, i have/ had thought is "why wiki wirral"?

Is your fella a wiki member? if so, who?
Posted By: ASE71 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 1:03am
Don't know what the big sob story is for. If you want to live in the UK with your partner then just do it. You done need to have employment if he can support you. Then look for employment whilst you are over here. It's not rocket science.
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:29am
Originally Posted by granny
Where's Sherlock? There may be a clue here.

NeedHelpPlease you may be living in Germany, but you did not say what your nationality is. Are you German?

yes granny i am german
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:32am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Well, maybe i'm just a gullible Duck head?? I love a good romance. Not that anybody will ever get a penny out of me!!

i dont understand why so many ppl think its a scam :S i dont ask for any mony or w/e, all i was hoping for was somone who could help me ... and why here? well, i thought because its the wirral area it is the right place, i am sorry if i was wrong,i didnt intent to do the wrong thing
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:35am
Originally Posted by colin86
suspect to me if she had any other line of work i maybe would of believed it, but there is care vacancy's everywhere across wirral so this seems suspect but that's just my opinion no offence intended

of course there are many vacancies, but the whole care system is a different then the german one :S they ask for NQ 2 or 3 and other things that dont exist in germany
Posted By: casper Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 6:28am
I served in Germany, sorry to say Julia but you dont ring true, many questions to be asked, why Wiki,who put you in touch ?
Posted By: lemonhead Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 6:28am

50 shades is a good romance, bananalove
Posted By: granny Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 7:37am
We can see on the new members list that you joined yesterday as NeedHelpPlease, this morning you are Julia1984. How did you do that over night ???
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 8:32am
yesterday i tried and tried to put a name in whne i registered and ialways got the message that name is used already and i need help is kinda not a name so i tried a few more and changed it this morning
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 8:35am
@ casper but i am frown i dont know what else to say or to do frown all i wanted here is to ask for anybody who might be able to help me with a link or a name or w/e, im from germany, i am currently in germany, will be in the uk next week, wat makes it so hard to believe? i dont understand, i tried so many things and i found this site on google, i thought it could be a good idea to do it but obviously it wasnt cuz u ppl dont think i am real even though i dont get why
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:01am
http://www.facebook.com/Hopelez since you dont believe me that i am real, here is my fb, i have no other idea to prove that i am real
Posted By: Alonso Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:04am
Originally Posted by Julia1984
@ casper but i am frown i dont know what else to say or to do frown all i wanted here is to ask for anybody who might be able to help me with a link or a name or w/e, im from germany, i am currently in germany, will be in the uk next week, wat makes it so hard to believe? i dont understand, i tried so many things and i found this site on google, i thought it could be a good idea to do it but obviously it wasnt cuz u ppl dont think i am real even though i dont get why

Julia,
Ever thought of applying for work with Aldi? From what I understand, they pay well and your native language might come in handy for the boss. They seem to have no shortage of supermarkets on the Wirral. I can't understand your problem. There are plenty of Polish people living on the Wirral who seem to have no trouble finding work. Lots have two jobs.
Posted By: reddragon Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:10am
sherlock did someone call. Igave up on this from the beginning as to me somethings not running right here as previously stated " why did you pick on wiki"
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:15am
Originally Posted by reddragon
sherlock did someone call. Igave up on this from the beginning as to me somethings not running right here as previously stated " why did you pick on wiki"

lol i am really sorry that i picked the wrong thing, i thought its alright on here because when i came to this page via google i saw postings of other people and i really thought it would be ok if i try to. do you ppl really think i have nothing better to do then what? sitting here, thinking about a story and what next? i never even thought that someone could react like this. i mean i thought i am allowed to post that here but idk now anymore frown
Posted By: eggandchips Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:21am
strange as both profiles state you joined at 1.58 on same day
yesterday i tried and tried to put a name in whne i registered and ialways got the message that name is used already and i need help is kinda not a name so i tried a few more and changed it this morning
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:25am
Originally Posted by eggandchips
strange as both profiles state you joined at 1.58 on same day

huh wat profiles? i made this one and changed the name this moring :S i got the approval mail. i never made 2
Posted By: reddragon Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:29am
Julia/I need help. before you get any higher on your horse yes the good peeps on wiki do TRY TO HELP but in the past there have been many posts that do cause suspician in our minds. yesterday you had two posting that were virtually word for word under 2 different screen names and today your using a third screen name.Please do not insult the good peeps on wiki.
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:36am
i never intended to do anything like that frown i swear i posted on here because i thought it is ok to do so. and now i was told i have 2 profiles but i dont. i created the ineedhelp one yesterday. today in the morning i kept trying to change the name because its weird to have ineedhelp as a name and it was approved. i dont know about a second one. i am really sorry if you people are offended but i came to this page, read post from some ppl and thought it is ok when i try it. i keep sending applications everyday, i look through all pages with job offers i can find. i never thought that asking for help could cause so much trouble :S i never asked for money or idk what else, i asked for maybe a link, or an adress, you know what i mean. i am really sorry if everybody understood me wrong
Posted By: Julia1984 Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 9:44am
i never insulted anyone :S i am the first time in a forum, when i created my profile i posted the text and didnt see it was under help&feedback. sso i posted it again in lifestyle but i still dont understand why you say i have 2 or 3 different names. i created 1 account, i changed the name this morning.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 10:39am
Post a photo of you and Timo Glock holding up a piece of paper saying 'Wikiwirral is full of crazy jerks' and I'll believe you... wink
Posted By: rocks Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 11:01am
someones desperate for help but they hide off line think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 1:35pm
Julia I just tried your F/B page but it's unavailable?? very strange!!
Posted By: reddragon Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 2:04pm
withthat
Posted By: rocks Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 2:14pm
FB page works for me but dont worry guys your not missing much wink
Posted By: chriskay Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 2:27pm
Originally Posted by phlegm

Think you need to be logged into Facebook.
Posted By: rocks Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 3:04pm
be careful what you post peeps as you can see i made two comments today (neither insulting) and i just received this pm
Originally Posted by Steventeddy
i saw some of your comments and i think you are an asshole! you dont want to be insulted but insulting other people seem to be ok for you

Posted By: reddragon Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 3:10pm
time this was locked I think
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 3:22pm
How about just simply getting it back On Topic?
The lady made a legitimate request, surely?
Posted By: rocks Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 3:31pm
the fb page has now been cleaned up surprise surprise
Posted By: Johnny_c_ Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:18pm
It seems very strange with your power of the English language that you cannot find employment? or maybe this is just a scam ?? sorry but I trust no one anymore.

How is this a scam? please explain yourself or keep your opinions to yourself!!!!!!
Posted By: Johnny_c_ Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:40pm

Is it not fecking obvious why wiki Wirral it's where she wants to move to! Tell you what Julia ask in wiki London for a job in Wirral!
Posted By: Johnny_c_ Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:42pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
Don't know what the big sob story is for. If you want to live in the UK with your partner then just do it. You done need to have employment if he can support you. Then look for employment whilst you are over here. It's not rocket science.

Maybe he can't support her!! It's not rocket science!
Posted By: Touchstone Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:46pm
This seems like a windup to me. Too many new members suddenly registering and commenting. The offensive PM sent to Rox smacks of someone not liking their silly little prank being revealed. Also the Facebook page could belong to any random German lady.
Posted By: Johnny_c_ Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:49pm

What does that prove? Maybe she doesn't want idiots like you looking at private stuff!
Posted By: Touchstone Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:51pm
It also doesn't prove she's real. And you seem far too agitated for some random poster. SJ methinks!
Posted By: Johnny_c_ Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:55pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
This seems like a windup to me. Too many new members suddenly registering and commenting. The offensive PM sent to Rox smacks of someone not liking their silly little prank being revealed. Also the Facebook page could belong to any random German lady.

Windup? Are you for real? Is your life so sad and empty you have nothing better to do with your time? It's a person asking for help/advice on finding a job on a forum dedicated to the area she wishes to live in! Why do idiots find that so had to believe?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 4:56pm
keep ya hair on!
Posted By: reddragon Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 5:02pm
too many new members who know their way around this site too easily methinks previous members who have been removed from wiki ( answers on a postcard )
Posted By: Mark Re: desperate, I need help please - 17th Jul 2012 5:06pm
Topic closed.

User has requested there account to be removed.

i registered yesterday because i thought i could ask here for help, not the money kind but for links or adresses that could help me with my job search. oviously i did it wrong, ppl say i have 3 accounts but i only have 1 :S as you know, i changed the name this morning. the ppl dont believe me and think that i am fake so i want you to ask to delete my account. i am tired of the baseless accusations they post. i found the site via google and they seem not to understand that i am real person. i never wanted to cause any harm but now i also was told that i insult ppl but i never did! i was always nice and really never imagined that they could attack me in the way they did.

thank you for your help, have a nice day
© Wirral-Wikiwirral