Forums
I created a Program using Visual Basic to lock your desktop without having to LogOff if you do not use a Password to Login or you can just use it as an Extra Security Measure to lock your desktop.. What it does is Hides the taskbar,desktop icons it locks out all Keys combinations i.e. CTRL - ALT - DEL , ALT - TAB , CTRL - ESC and the Windows Keys combinations and the only way to access your system is via a Password im in the process of encrypting the password with MD5 encryption using Visual basic so people cant hack it i.e. If they edit the EXE file cause the EXE file is where the password is stored using a CHR$ strings at the moemement and if your good at hacking then you might be able to by pass it which is hard if you dont know what to do.. Anyway to get an idea of what the program can do view this YouTube video at Full screen to get an Idea... Let me know what you think happy P.S. I aint a Programmer i just know enough to do this kind of stuff LOL. learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvFLrnEWc3U
not bad lol
Looks great, good stuff.

I started off learning with VB

All you're own code?

Is the status bar just for effect? i.e. Just simulates loading over a period of time with a timer?

Will be a good little program with encryption too. Come to think of it, I have MD5 de-crypter software somewhere lol
Some of the code is yes but the other bits are from other sources from the web etc but ive changed alot of stuff cause some of the stuff wasnt working so i had to figure out why it wasnt but apart from the stuff that isnt mine the design and stuff is smile Its good it fools people into thinking its a MI5 secure Computer but its not obviously like but its effective.. laugh
tis the best way to learn stealing other peoples code and incrementing it into your own program

good effort anyway thumbsup
Yer thing is though ive kept all the REM's init cause i dont like to think im stealing peoples code for my own gain etc at then end of the day im learning not trying to be bill gates LOL happy
Why Re Invent the wheel is my motto wink

I don't actually need anything like this at the mo,
but if it works Good Work happy
Lol nice program hehe. I use "Windows" & "L" a lot myself, this looks a bit more sinister haha!

I never got to grips with VB myself, I lost interest too fast lol. Well done thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral