Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Hillsborough Inquest - 25th Apr 2016 3:26pm
The jury could not reach a unanimous decision but has been allowed a majority verdict. It is believed the majority is seven out of nine.

The results of the jury's decision will be announced tomorrow (26th April) at 11am.

I don't agree with the wording of some of the questions that were given to the jury but overall it should still achieve the objectives. This is only an inquest, it is not a trial so any indications that aspects warrant further enquiry will probably be taken on board.

Not before time!

Already various indications of corruption have surfaced, lets hope that those particular aspects are brought to justice.
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 9:32am
time to move on ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 10:05am
And let criminals off?
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 11:05am
Not what I meant .....any genuine criminal negligence, omission or act needs to be investigated. I meant after hearing time for all to move on......an opinion which we are all allowed to hold

Posted By: starakita Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 3:46pm
I'm glad the families have got justice for their loved ones & I hope they can move on but they'll never be forgotten
Posted By: DavidB Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 4:09pm
I doubt the families will be able to move on, but I hope the thousands of Liverpool fans can.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 4:20pm
Hardly a surprise result.

My biggest hope now is that all those involved in cover ups and corruption AFTER the disaster are brought to justice. The mistakes on the day were numerous but were mistakes, the events afterwards were fully intentional and are an even worse crime.

It is time to move on when all those corrupt people have been either jailed or have died.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 4:44pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Hardly a surprise result.

My biggest hope now is that all those involved in cover ups and corruption AFTER the disaster are brought to justice. The mistakes on the day were numerous but were mistakes, the events afterwards were fully intentional and are an even worse crime.

It is time to move on when all those corrupt people have been either jailed or have died.

withthat
Posted By: DavidB Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 5:42pm
I agree DD.
Justice has actually started now in the actual real world where it matters.

Never forget all the other disasters like Heysel (30+ killed, 600 injured).
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 8:58pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
I agree DD.
Justice has actually started now in the actual real world where it matters.

Never forget all the other disasters like Heysel (30+ killed, 600 injured).

Bradford city fire 56 died and ibrox 66 died.

Well done families...i admire your tenacity against the corrupt powers that be.
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 9:17pm
http://www.vgpolitics.f9.co.uk/mayhil.htm

A view, and I think in this democracy (!) we can still express one, at least that's what I though my grandad fought for.......and read the whole thing.

Just a reminder of the context of the rampant football hooliganism in English football back in the 80s.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 9:31pm
It might be a viewpoint but the evidence does not corroborate it.

There are numerous incidents of crowds surging which are nothing to do with hooligans or alcohol. The 2236+ deaths at the Mecca pilgrimage in 2015 shows this as does the 1426 deaths in 1990.

I hate football for all the trouble it brings, I was brought up near a football ground and saw all the carnage that ensues but Hillsborough was nothing to do with that.
Posted By: hagar Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 26th Apr 2016 10:43pm
where is cameron gong to find the money to build a new prison to house all the corrupt police and others involved in this sad event? with past history of the establishment a new dementia hospital will soon be needed!
Posted By: casper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 27th Apr 2016 6:57pm
We don't need a reminder about football hooliganism on a day like today, because as we all now know, it had absolutely nothing to do with what happened at Hillsborough, what we need to look at in greater depth is the actions of the hierarchy within the West Yorkshire police, not just in the context of Hillsborough but during the miners strike and its inaction over the paedophile rings, and also any ministers or government officials that may have been involved in whitewash or coverups, did the government of the time accept what they were told, or were they complicit in the cover up? by the way I am not a football supporter, but a great injustice was done to those 96 people and their families it also has far reaching consequences for those that might be unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of a corrupt justice system.
Posted By: Mark Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 27th Apr 2016 7:01pm
Wow just watched the News with all the support out side St Johns in Liverpool, just got th end when they all sang you will never walk alone. Very emotional.

1 copper suspended.

As they say this could be the start.

Truth & Justice for the 96 clap
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 27th Apr 2016 9:00pm
I was over there and it was incredibly emotional.

Attached picture P1010615 (1024x768).jpg
Posted By: starakita Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 27th Apr 2016 9:35pm
I listened on the radio it was emotional when everyone sang you'll never walk alone
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 29th Apr 2016 12:12pm
Time to leave wikiwirral I think

Absolutely not belittling the tragedy for the families friends of those lost

But a bit of global context

There is tragedy here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36162474

Where is hope for justice and peace for syria

https://www.hrw.org/middle-east/n-africa/syria

Posted By: Gibbo Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 29th Apr 2016 12:36pm
Sorry. wrong thread.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 29th Apr 2016 12:38pm
It's not the same thing, they are two different things don't see why you'll want to leave wikiwirral over it, but that's up to you
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 29th Apr 2016 1:41pm
Originally Posted by oldpm01
Time to leave wikiwirral I think

Absolutely not belittling the tragedy for the families friends of those lost

But a bit of global context

There is tragedy here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36162474

Where is hope for justice and peace for syria

https://www.hrw.org/middle-east/n-africa/syria

And on WikiWirral you will see many people condemning governments for stirring up trouble in foreign nations. America is the worst warmongering country in the world and single handedly contribute to more suffering than any other country.

Because other things are worse is no reason to ignore lesser events.

However in the case of Hillsborough, people still believing that there were loads of drunks put in the cells because some newspaper incorrectly published that many years ago does not justify anything.

I have read many thousands of pages of documents on Hillsborough, I have not once seen any official mention of the number of Liverpool fans that were detained for drunkenness on that day. It is clear from the police's attitude that if they had an even slightly shocking figure they would have broadcast it many times.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 29th Apr 2016 10:23pm
still hard to think this took 27 years
I was 16 Im 43 this year
home & away started
sky tv started
Coronation Street Alan Bradley is fatally run over by a Blackpool tram. shocked
Posted By: casper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 30th Apr 2016 10:09am
Unfortunately there are disaster's and loss of life across our planet due to one thing or another we as a nation cant control that, we can contribute aid and assistance, which I believe we are one of the more generous nations, but Hillsborough is not only in our country but in our region, the latest ex police inspector to add his two pen'orth states that there were fans with cans of beer and some arriving late and they therefore must accept some blame, how does this equate to the other statements made by police, of assaults and violence and drunkeness, so how can fans standing with a can of beer or arriving late be linked in any way to 96 fatalities? I should imagine that arriving late and having a drink was parr for the course at most if not all matches at that time, of course everyone has a freedom to express what they think old, no one has taken exception to your remarks although I think the adding of the link to hooliganism was a bit insensitive, no need to leave, but thats your choice.
Take care
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 28th Jun 2017 2:35pm
At last, 6 Hillsborough prosecutions are forthcoming, although there is a little legal hiccup over the main one.

Its good that Bettison is up for trial after the ultimate insult of him being made Chief in Merseyside.

SOURCE
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 28th Jun 2017 4:47pm
Difficult to prove some of the charges in respect to negligence. Making a mistake or errors of judgement are not always negligence. The cover up charges are more likely to stick IMO
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 28th Jun 2017 5:52pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Difficult to prove some of the charges in respect to negligence. Making a mistake or errors of judgement are not always negligence. The cover up charges are more likely to stick IMO

True, it basically depends if the consequences of the actions were foreseeable, what increases that liability is either training or experience, also ignoring advice and not consulting others can be perceived as irresponsible culpable behaviour.

Opening a gate with a very large crowd behind it without consideration as to where they would go seems like basics to me, we've all spilt some water at some time.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Hillsborough Inquest - 29th Jun 2017 2:36pm
Theyre old nicely pensioned off men
I doubt any will do a day in prison
Maybe convicted but suspended sentences knowing the weak uk
© Wirral-Wikiwirral