Forums
Posted By: Dilly who do I contact - 11th Nov 2014 9:53am
Hello good people of Wiki, I live in a flat that is part of a mainly derelict mansion . My question is who do iI contact to report a large sandstone perimeter wall that has badly cracked and is leaning out towards the pavement and also the drive leading to the only three occupied flats. I have spoken. To my landlord who says perimiter walls are the responsibility of the main building owner who I'm not able to contact. This is a public safety issue as well as an issue for myself and the other two residents . When I say it is cracked I mean there is now a two inch gap. Thanks for any advice.
Posted By: casper Re: who do I contact - 11th Nov 2014 9:57am
Best bet is report it to the council as it is a safety issue not just for residents, they will probably be able to find out who has reponsibility.
Posted By: Mark Re: who do I contact - 11th Nov 2014 10:01am
Street Scene as they my give you more guidance than bureaucracy.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: who do I contact - 11th Nov 2014 10:13am
Reported a leaning wall to council (streetscene as mentioned). They got onto landlord and he begrudgingly repaired it. Think the council also has the right to do the work and charge owner if they fail in repair
Posted By: Dilly Re: who do I contact - 11th Nov 2014 10:26am
Thanks guys I will give streetscene a. Call. Cheers smile
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: who do I contact - 11th Nov 2014 9:33pm
They have people for that, lot better than an app. "Rent a Leaner" 0151 555 6071

Attached picture Wall .jpg
Attached picture wall6.jpg
Posted By: eggandchips Re: who do I contact - 12th Nov 2014 9:14am
who you renting through dilly? they are rental agents for the owner and should contact said owner
Posted By: Dilly Re: who do I contact - 12th Nov 2014 10:07am
I rent from a friend that owns the flat I'm in, only three flats were ever completed and sold off. They are separate from the main building with the own individual entrances . The owner of the main building a developer from Liverpool is apparently responsible for all grounds and perimiter walls. About 4 months ago a crew came and secured the whole of the main building . When I spoke to them I was told he had now lost the building to English heratage after constant warnings over a 5 year period to secure the building and make it water tight. I don't know if this is true that E.H have the powers to do this. So I have been at a bit of a lose as to who to contact . I will give streetscene a try as suggested . Cheers Egg.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: who do I contact - 12th Nov 2014 4:36pm
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/about/

worth a shot mate
Posted By: Dilly Re: who do I contact - 12th Nov 2014 4:53pm
Cheers Egg, I will take a look.
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: who do I contact - 13th Nov 2014 10:09pm
Think the said building is in the road I work in. Up for sale now? or it was a few weeks back. Hope you find answers.
Posted By: Dilly Re: who do I contact - 13th Nov 2014 10:14pm
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
Think the said building is in the road I work in. Up for sale now? or it was a few weeks back. Hope you find answers.

Cheers Nidgynoo, not up for sale as far as I know or do you know something I don't ? :))
Posted By: Dilly Re: who do I contact - 23rd Jun 2015 9:47pm
Hi folks, just a quick update. The building has now been sold and work has been going on now for two weeks. Yesterday they started to rebuild the wall. The main building they say will take around 12 months to complete. It will be so nice to see this beautiful building back to how it should be. smile
Posted By: Hamman Re: who do I contact - 23rd Jun 2015 10:51pm
We contacted Streetscene about a similar problem next door to my Mum and Dad... That wall was sandstone and part did actually fall. They contacted the owner to get it fixed..... It only took 6 years..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral