Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 9:42am
Yes, I know it's not Wirral but I thought some folk on here may be able to help. Not knowing the joint at all, is there any free/unrestricted street parking within say, a mile of Southport Station? I don't mind a decent walk, but I have a severe allergy to boosting the profits of the likes of NCP etc. !

This is for a day later this week. I wouldn't think the town would be heaving with people at this time of the year, but knowing my luck...............

Thanks.
Posted By: justice Re: Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 9:54am
If you go past the magistrates courts you will find roads without parking restrictions. Around Park Road there are no restrictions.Apart from Lord Street and the prom Southport is a fine place for parking in particular if you are prepared to walk a mile. I assume you know where the large supermarkets are situated.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 10:19am
Thanks justice. What road are the Magistrates Courts on? Sorry, my knowledge of the place teeters on zilch. Going to rely on Google map to home in on a street. I think some supermarkets wise up to you parking in their car park for most of a day (which it will be). The ones up this neck of the woods limit you to 2hrs "whilst shopping" etc..
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 11:55am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

This is for a day later this week. I wouldn't think the town would be heaving with people at this time of the year, but knowing my luck...............

Thanks.

Here is there new cam in Southport, swings around every 60 seconds. Might give you an idea what the weather is like and how busy the place is.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 12:00pm
http://www.southport-pier.co.uk/webcam.htm

New cam link
Posted By: Mark Re: Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 12:12pm
If memory serves me correctly there is free parking opposite B & M.
Dropped pin

near 25 Kingsway
Southport, Merseyside PR8 1ND

http://goo.gl/maps/2rltu

Used to be clear but street view shows double yellows. However a word of warning just in case the traffic wardens take no prisoners !!

You can park just off the high street and prices are not so bad.

This is the nearest without yellow lines.
Or parking bays reserved.
5 Lulworth Rd

Southport, Merseyside PR8 2AS

http://goo.gl/maps/GFKRv

* There is a station not too far away.
Well your right in the middle on that last link. It could be easier to meet up at that station than southport main ?

Have a nice day either way smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 3:38pm
Many thanks to all for the info. happy
Posted By: Cobby Re: Southport Parking - 17th Nov 2013 6:28pm
I've parked on some of the side roads running between Queens Street and Manchester Road, eg Hawkshead St, Alexandra Road, Leyland Road - http://goo.gl/maps/qePXA

There was a single line on one side, but no restrictions on the other. Not sure how busy it gets, I was there late Saturday afternoon and found a space with no problem. It's about half a mile from the main station
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Southport Parking - 18th Nov 2013 10:52am
If you head up Lord Street away from the town centre you get to the roundabout. Turn left there and many of the streets around have free parking. You have to park up early though as they can soon fill up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Southport Parking - 18th Nov 2013 11:31am
Thanks Gibbo and Cobby. I won't be getting into S'port until mid-morning so the choice of (free) spots will be limited. Have sussed out a couple of likely looking on-street places. Max. 3/4 mile from station, so no problems.

Thanks again to all. With the combined knowledge that's on wiki, we could run the government PROPERLY ! Oops... I'll tip-toe gently away from that one! raftl
Posted By: shazza51 Re: Southport Parking - 18th Nov 2013 1:49pm
You can always use the free park and ride which is easy to find, if you follow the main road past the fair to the roundabout go left and follow the road past the miniature golf and past the carousel by the amusement arcade, just stay on this road going straight till the road bends right, look out for a left turn and you're there, the bus will take you directly to by the station and take you back all for £1.50 and you can stay as long as you like!
Posted By: Tatey Re: Southport Parking - 19th Nov 2013 8:09am
If you were driving the "beast" you could probably park it anywhere?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Southport Parking - 19th Nov 2013 9:25am
You might be right Tatey. Trouble is, I'm quite choosey on what other cars I park on top of. Some BMW's and VW's are a right buggers to crush ! wink See you soon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Southport Parking - 23rd Nov 2013 4:53pm
I went for the Lulworth Road suggestion. Easy to find. Just a southerly continuation of Lord Street really. At the station in under 10mins (brisk walk). It was dry, but if raining a lot of Lord Street is under a canopy/arcade. Trains every 15mins to L'pool.

Thanks again folks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral